PDA

View Full Version : Finally lit the procharged 500 EFI up.

Last Real Texan
03-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Well after being done with this project for several weeks I finally had time in schedule to go and light it up. Well all I can say is hold on.......Some bitch flies! I am running my original labbed 28 inch Bravo I prop and ran out of prop @ 76 mph and still was only half to 3/4 into the throttle. I am thinking a box stock 30 wil do the trick. Stilll have some tuning to work out so I never stood on it for more that a few seconds ....never really tried to play with the trim or tabs to settle it down bu all seems well. it was tought to get a plug reading ....white part of the electrode stayed clean but down around the base ( flat part by the threads) was sooty - brown ......tough to tune it right with the motor not having any load ....did not get into the boost until 4500 and only made it to 2-3 PSI @ 5200. Talked with Mark @ PMI and he said not enough load from being under propped and to try again with a taller pitch. Sounds right to me. So the boat accelorates to 76 mph at will and I am thinking I now have a solid low to mid 80 MPH ride.
Thank god it runs!
Bryan

peregrine
03-12-2007, 03:33 PM
Wow, that sounds impressive. I would like to hear what she has when you get it dialed in.

BigGrizzly
03-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Sounds good so far. guess I will need to go for a boat ride soon with a hand full of props. What labbed 28 is it and is it still a 28 or less? to really c.heck the plugs it should be a wfo chop but don't do it will stress the blower and drive line too much. go up in stages of boost. read the electrode and don't worry about the flat where the plug threads are.

p729lws
03-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Sounds great Bryan! I'd love to see a shot of the ProCharger on the 500 EFI.

Dan

Last Real Texan
03-12-2007, 08:46 PM
Dan
Best one I have for now........

The Hedgehog
03-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Dan

He has a few pics posted. Do a search. It is a hot looking setup!

Last Real Texan
03-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Sounds good so far. guess I will need to go for a boat ride soon with a hand full of props. What labbed 28 is it and is it still a 28 or less? to really c.heck the plugs it should be a wfo chop but don't do it will stress the blower and drive line too much. go up in stages of boost. read the electrode and don't worry about the flat where the plug threads are.
B Blades 28 BI....Pitch is 27.3 inches....No diffuser ring and a ton of tip cup in it....

Bryan

Last Real Texan
03-12-2007, 08:49 PM
He has a few pics posted. Do a search. It is a hot looking setup!
Hey ZX how is Steamboat?

p729lws
03-12-2007, 09:23 PM
That's nice! :yes: :yes: :yes:

The Hedgehog
03-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Hey ZX how is Steamboat?

Nice as always. Unfortunately no chance of fresh snow in the next few days. Too bad because it is one of my favorite places to float through the trees with fresh powder. The conditions high on the mountain are holding up pretty good. We are getting some nice spring conditions. No jacket after 11:00am. It would be more fun if you guys were along. We need to figure it out earlier next year.

jeddski
03-13-2007, 11:12 AM
Beautiful setup, what type of power do you think the system generates?

What type of drive are you using?
We've been considering adding substantial power to the 27ZR but the issue we're now facing is what sort of drive would be needed and at what cost?

RickSE
03-13-2007, 12:25 PM
Oh man that picture just looks too good.

Is the blower unit higher then the top of the CMI's?

Last Real Texan
03-13-2007, 08:51 PM
[QUOTE=jeddski;404827]Beautiful setup, what type of power do you think the system generates?
What type of drive are you using?
We've been considering adding substantial power to the 27ZR but the issue we're now facing is what sort of drive would be needed and at what cost?[/QUOTE
Pro Charger claims 750 plus on this set up @ 5 PSI ....M-3 with the aw 504 intercooler...Real world I think that it is more like 700 once tuned to the right conditions in my boat. ANy how power difference is night and day from stock to the set up now.....as far as drives go I am looking for a late model XR upper to replace the HP bravo I serial # begins w/ OM I have now going to run what I have until it breaks and then have the xr upper ready for a spare. I am easy on the throttle and do not air the boat out on a regular basis....I am told it will last for quite somwe time when taken care of.....

Bryan

Last Real Texan
03-13-2007, 08:53 PM
Oh man that picture just looks too good.
Is the blower unit higher then the top of the CMI's?

Thanks man a lot of work........

it is about even with the top of the collector or even a bit lower......

Bryan

ragbagger270
03-13-2007, 09:13 PM
That has to be the fastest Donzi in Georgia. All the Bass Trackers in 7 counties will be in fear when you light that bad boy up. Can't wait to see it. Your boat is really awesome the way it was. I can't imagine that kind of performance. We will have to have a Mid-Ga Donzi Regatta this summer. All two of us will be there. Hope you wintered good and family is doing fine.

Last Real Texan
03-13-2007, 09:27 PM
That has to be the fastest Donzi in Georgia. All the Bass Trackers in 7 counties will be in fear when you light that bad boy up. Can't wait to see it. Your boat is really awesome the way it was. I can't imagine that kind of performance. We will have to have a Mid-Ga Donzi Regatta this summer. All two of us will be there. Hope you wintered good and family is doing fine. We can get the big green Zx to bring the X-18 over and maybe the sweet 16 as well........
To you as well.....should hual the mail.....By the way nice job on your Classic 22. I remember seeing it when you first got it......looks great. and sounded good toooooo

Bryan

jeddski
03-14-2007, 10:40 AM
Bryan,

Thanks for the drive info. Thats what we were considering as well.
Good luck with it and I'm sure you're in for an exciting season!