PDA

View Full Version : She Ran!!

ragbagger270
03-12-2007, 02:09 PM
After spending the better part of 8 weeks working full-time on my Donzi, She finally ran! I had to build a 10' hoist, overhauled the trans(BW Velvet Drive-TRS) re-sealed and re-gasketed the motor, rewired, painted the engine bay, replaced hoses, belts, impler, bildge pumps, you name it, including the fancy custom Chevy 454 Logo I painted on the underside of the engine hatch. At least I will look cool at the dock. I started her last week and took her to the lake on Sunday. I have a healthy power steering fluid leak and those cheap chrome valve covers I bought on the internet leak like a sive.
I got 53mph out of her. I could have got more, but I had a hard time handeling her with no power steering. All the local Bass Tracker Bubba boats trembled in fear when I lit up the Big Block Chevy. I have some more fine tuning and work to do, but she lives!

BigGrizzly
03-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Great feeling isn't it? Good luck and it WAS worth it!

MOP
03-12-2007, 07:08 PM
Good to see another nice older Blue 22 having the life breathed back into it, not that I am partial! Best of luck with it!

Phil

Donzigo
03-12-2007, 07:26 PM
Very nice hoist, good job, it runs, that's gotta be a good feeling and a cute first mate too. I looked on your profile to see the year of the boat, my guess in the late 80s?

Regards,

Richard

sweet 16 1966
03-12-2007, 08:09 PM
Looks good! Sinclair or Tobesofkee.

Last Real Texan
03-12-2007, 09:06 PM
Looks good! Sinclair or Tobesofkee.
looks like Tobosofkee........same water color today.....yuk!

Cuda
03-12-2007, 09:21 PM
What year is the boat? Looks a lot like Debbies. :)

mrfixxall
03-13-2007, 12:27 AM
After spending the better part of 8 weeks working full-time on my Donzi, She finally ran! I had to build a 10' hoist, overhauled the trans(BW Velvet Drive-TRS) re-sealed and re-gasketed the motor, rewired, painted the engine bay, replaced hoses, belts, impler, bildge pumps, you name it, including the fancy custom Chevy 454 Logo I painted on the underside of the engine hatch. At least I will look cool at the dock. I started her last week and took her to the lake on Sunday. I have a healthy power steering fluid leak and those cheap chrome valve covers I bought on the internet leak like a sive.
I got 53mph out of her. I could have got more, but I had a hard time handeling her with no power steering. All the local Bass Tracker Bubba boats trembled in fear when I lit up the Big Block Chevy. I have some more fine tuning and work to do, but she lives!

Heres my secret to keep those shiny crome valve covers from leaking..
Take 120 grit emery cloth and ruff up the crome where the valve cover gasget goes and glue a new set of cork valve cover gasgets to the valve cover with 3m super weather strip sealer,also make sure you use the tabs under the bolt to spread the load out..