PDA

View Full Version : Back Seat Come Loose

DON N.
03-12-2007, 03:40 AM
My Boat ( Classic ) Isn't The Fastest But Does Any One Else Have Their Back Seat Come Unsnapped At Speed ? Is There A Easy Way To Correct This Or Do You Need To Get New Snaps ?

gero1
03-12-2007, 06:36 AM
both pieces of mine do this. i am taking it in this wk or next to have new snaps plus a teather put on both back cushions

MOP
03-12-2007, 06:56 AM
I had to retrieve my 16's seat bottom twice, I found some 2" wide heavy self stick Velcro. It stuck fine to the glass but did not stick the webbed bottom panel on the seat so I stitched it to the webbing worked great.

Phil

gcarter
03-12-2007, 08:01 AM
This is one of the greatest advantages of a Minx....NOTHING ever blows out of them.

Carl C
03-12-2007, 08:17 AM
:rlol: :rlol: :rlol: I think we've all had that problem. Fortunately mine always end up on the floor. I don't know why they haven't blown out. Now I always check the snaps; it's easy for a couple to come loose. Some have resorted to velcro like Mop said.

Barry Eller
03-12-2007, 09:27 AM
My back seats also come loose, but they land on the floor. Fill the back seat up with good looking women...no worries mate!:wink:

maddad
03-12-2007, 09:55 AM
Like me, you could store your boat outside with an ill fitting cover.
Water logged cushions, at 40lbs. each, dont fly anywhere.
:bonk:

RedDog
03-12-2007, 10:01 AM
This is one of the greatest advantages of a Minx....NOTHING ever blows out of them.
Is that because they're not fast enough for anything to blow out? :fire: :jestera:

mrfixxall
03-12-2007, 10:28 AM
ok all you guys i have a fix for this one....i took a 2x4 18'' long paintd it to match the bottom of the seat and screwed it to the bottom of the seat to wedge the seat into place,,i did this 12 yrs ago and the seat hasnt flown out yet....

ChromeGorilla
03-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Is that because they're not fast enough for anything to blow out? :fire: :jestera:

Oh no you didn't! :hyper: :smash: :D

Rootsy
03-12-2007, 12:40 PM
it isn't that they blow out... they are SUCKED out... amazing what kind of piab effect you can achieve in a 16 or 18 without a windshield at 70 to 80 mph...

Surfer
03-12-2007, 12:49 PM
And the cusion felt like a dead body when you hauled it out of the water, nope never happened to me.

DONZI
03-12-2007, 07:21 PM
I had tried the velcro and it seemed when it got hot out the glue released.
I went with the snaps and never looked back. :)

In the pic attached you can see my friend holding onto the rear seat flying around. It was a real P.I.T.A..

Dr. Dan
03-12-2007, 11:31 PM
:wink: Don, When I had Bob build me my new rear seat last Spring, I had him make the back seat a Single Cushion/Single Peice.

:wavey: I did all the snaps and it never has blown out...I ran Rock the Bay alone and the boat goes like a scalded dog...I never once had it even leave the rear Seat Cushion.:spongebob

On occassion I have to reattach the Snaps at the Corners...but normally that's from people resting on them and pulling them lose not through vibration.

Single Rear Seat Back is the Solution!!!!!:beer:

Doc of Non Blowing Seat Cushions!:smash:

Sofa King
03-13-2007, 04:47 AM
My spyder cracks from the cockpit floor spread about an inch up my backseat. Any fix for the stupid trampaline disign of there decks?
Makes me wanna dump the boat now but will keep for one more season.

DonCig
03-13-2007, 07:52 AM
My spyder cracks from the cockpit floor spread about an inch up my backseat. Any fix for the stupid trampaline disign of there decks?
Makes me wanna dump the boat now but will keep for one more season.
Is it possible that the design load limits were exceeded in this area by an overly large payload??? LOL

Sofa King
03-13-2007, 02:14 PM
NO! I'm a svelt 380.