PDA

View Full Version : aluminum risers ???

BUIZILLA
03-11-2007, 07:01 PM
while the dog houses are off...

who makes stock looking 4" aluminum risers to replace 4" factory style cast iron units?? I want to replace the risers on the Cary as preventative maintenance, since it is FWC the manifolds should be okay... i'm not sure Dana's or whomever else would be worth the cost, or any HP gain on a 310 hp Crusader in a 10,000# boat, would they? i'm not looking for CMI's or SSM but maybe a complete stock style performance setup I could do if pushed if it gives me anything decent for power increase..

:lookaroun

cvx
03-11-2007, 07:46 PM
You can try Moore Perf. in CA,you can find these manifolds in e-bay under exhaust in the boat parts and acc.These units are made by GLM,I installed a set on a SBC,fit and finish is very nice,you can get alum. or cast,he does sell risers seperate from manifolds also.All acc. on stock units bolt right on these.

BUIZILLA
03-11-2007, 07:56 PM
I forgot to mention that I have control modules mounted to the risers, inboard on each riser, so whatever I get I need to have provisions to mount these modules as before.. i'll try and post some pic's of what I have.... after I straighten up a few things :bonk:

:wink:

gold-n-rod
03-11-2007, 08:23 PM
I second the GLM idea.....

MOP
03-11-2007, 08:30 PM
Jim what about the Merc S/S risers, the are about 1/3 the weight of the cast iron and will never go bad. I have one set with studs for a pack if you have any interest.

Phil

BUIZILLA
03-11-2007, 09:07 PM
Phil, I have Crusader manifolds and risers, I have a set of those Merc risers and there is no provision to bolt the electric boxes to them :boggled:

MOP
03-11-2007, 09:09 PM
I had 2 sets but only 3 had the studs, I sold 2 that both had the studs.

knots2u
03-12-2007, 09:16 AM
I think you will find that only the cast iron risers have the mounts for the modules.

BUIZILLA
03-12-2007, 09:47 AM
I think you will find that only the cast iron risers have the mounts for the modules.I think your right.... the OSCO replacements are direct fit, look better than original, and have the necessary screw holes... problem now is I have the factory 98126 risers which are the now obsolete pieces... the latest available ones are 1 1/2" higher, and THAT is a problem... :boggled:

smokediver
03-12-2007, 11:51 AM
the glm risers have the bolt holes machined into the sides like the stock merc. risers ....

MOP
03-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Jim those Merc risers should have the bosses for the studs, the one without that I have does. Maybe you can drill & tap what you have.

Phil

Patrik Sweden
03-12-2007, 02:20 PM
The stainles risers (Hardin Marine) I bought from CP Performance works with Merc stock manifolds... Atleast it says so..

I bought GLM Aluminium manifolds with them.. total of $995 incl mounting brackets for shiftcables and electronic box.