PDA

View Full Version : Ittlfli's procharger M-3 kit is for sale- will it clear my dana marine exhaust?

zimm17
03-11-2007, 12:42 PM
I'm close to buying ITTLFLI's M3 procharger setup. I'm worried about fitment issues with my dana marine exhaust. Also my oil filter is up forward of the passenger side exhaust- I think that would need to be moved. How do you go about making up new oil lines?

Does the procharger kit have the power steering pump relocation brackets? Will the lines work or do they have to be made up too?

I know it isn't a plug and play install, but I don't want to lose the whole spring season hunting down parts and making custom stuff to make it all work.

I have a fresh 454 magnum with the v-belts on it. I'm also figuring I'll need an electric fuel pump and bigger prop. Anything else?

MOP
03-11-2007, 01:11 PM
Jamie at Lakeside will know if it will work he handles both Dana and Pro Charger, the oil filter hoses are long enough to relocate pretty easily. I made a bracket and mounted mine on the transom, that turned out to be a good move as I can do no mess oil filter changes now.

Phil

BigGrizzly
03-11-2007, 06:41 PM
The procharger mounts on the port side . my ps pump is mounted low and doesn't affect anything, mine is a genV 502 carb engine.

LKSD
03-12-2007, 09:51 AM
The M3 will be tight, but I think it will clear the manifold, but not by much. Eventhough we sell & install both items, I have made these 2 play together.. I know the Dana manifolds are a little longer, higher & wider.. I think you will have to remote locate your oil filter head as well. I dont think the PS system wil be bothered by the exhaust with the procharger brackets.. My only real concern is the clearance between manifold & SC unit..

There are some Procharger spec sheets on my web site in the superchargers section. Feel free to use them if they may help you.. Jamie / Lakeside