PDA

View Full Version : Boston lead singer Brad Delp dies at 55

f_inscreenname
03-10-2007, 09:54 AM
http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/40689307

Brad Delp, the lead singer for the band Boston, was found dead Friday in his home in southern New Hampshire. He was 55. Atkinson police responded to a call for help at 1:20 p.m. and found Delp dead. Police Lt. William Baldwin said in a statement the death was "untimely" and that there was no indication of foul play.

Delp apparently was alone at the time of his death, Baldwin said.

The cause of his death remained under investigation by the Atkinson police and the New Hampshire Medical Examiner's office. Police said an incident report would not be available until Monday.

Delp sang vocals on Boston's 1976 hits "More than a Feeling" and "Longtime." He also sang on Boston's most recent album, "Corporate America," released in 2002.

He joined the band in the early 1970s after meeting Tom Scholz, an MIT student interested in experimental methods of recording music, according to the group's official Web site. The band enjoyed its greatest success and influence during its first decade.

The band's last appearance was in November 2006 at Boston's Symphony Hall.

On Friday night, the Web site was taken down and replaced with the statement: "We just lost the nicest guy in rock and roll."

A call to the Swampscott, Mass., home of Boston guitarist Barry Goudreau was not immediately returned Friday night.

On the Net:

http://www.bandboston.com

http://www.supernova19.com/forumcw/Smileys/classic/cry.gif

Cuda
03-10-2007, 10:11 AM
It looks to me that Eddie Van Halen won't be far behind.

Lenny
03-10-2007, 10:16 AM
It looks to me that Eddie Van Halen won't be far behind.

That's Eddie Van Halen ????

OMG :eek:

f_inscreenname
03-10-2007, 10:26 AM
The only thing posted on their website.

Brad Delp - June 12, 1951 to March 9, 2007
http://www.boston.org/pictures/Brad_Delp_More_Than_A_Feeling.jpg
The nicest, kindest, most caring, down to earth rock star the world has ever known.

May you rest in Peace

Sweet little 16
03-10-2007, 10:28 AM
eddie just checked in to rehab and postponed the 2007 van halen tour

and will miss their induction into the rnr hall of fame david lee roth backed out of it too so now sammy gets the honors by himself???

Cuda
03-10-2007, 03:45 PM
On the other hand, you could look like this at 63. Keith Richards has been dead since about 1969, just nobody told him. To be honest, he doesn't look a day older than he did 35 years ago.:eek!: :)

Carl C
03-10-2007, 05:43 PM
I suppose there will be a rush for Boston CDs now. Since I own and run "CDs & More", I'd better stock up.

Sofa King
03-10-2007, 07:15 PM
They hate each other so much they wouldn't perform together for the rnr hall of fame, Scott from Velvet Revolver will be doing a VH song or two, lol.

Donzigo
03-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Geez.............EVH & KR look like they've had a few too many late nights with those groupies..............

thriller
03-11-2007, 05:41 AM
Eddie needs to spend some money on his teeth:yes:

fasttrucker
03-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Lots of band members from my youth are dieing all the time.This means iam getting old way too fast:bonk:

Carl C
03-11-2007, 05:37 PM
Lots of band members from my youth are dieing all the time.This means iam getting old way too fast:bonk: 55 is not dieing of old age. Too many times these guys don't know when to quit the drugs and partying. A 50 year old heart and arteries can't take the abuse.

Magicallbill
03-16-2007, 02:46 AM
Just read that he committed suicide..
Left a note pinned to him that the authorities had,and just released..Apparently he had lost his desire to live.

I realize that one must "walk a mile in someone elses' mocassions(SP?)" before they can be truley understood, but I can't grasp the concept of taking one's own life...Especially when he charted no.#1 hits, was wealthy,(unless he blew it all,) a fiancee' and the reports said he was a healthy guy.
He was gonna tour with Boston again in '07..Had marriage lined up...
What's was the problem??

This is a big shame..

There will be no more Boston's
Fleetwood Mac's..
Eagles..
I lknow I'm older, but, darn it, they don't make music like this anymore.
We grew up in the best time...
Poor Brad.. He had more to give us..What a voice...

f_inscreenname
03-17-2007, 02:45 AM
We had a close family friend (from grade school) do that. Left us all dazed and confused for many weeks and now that’s its been more then a year I think the most of us have just accepted the fact that we will never know why. Franklin survived a bad cancer, a bad divorce and a few other things that most of us would never want to go through ourselves. The last year of his life he was promoted to Principal of the local elementary school (one of his life long goals) and the kids loved him, got remarried to a great girl and had a baby on the way. So what does he do, sits in his car with the garage door closed sucking up carbon monoxide until he died. About the same thing Brad did. Oh did I tell you that Boston was my favorite band (and I am a music nut) since I was about 8 years old. So I guess that’s been about 30 years now. About as long as we have known Franklin. So everything is back again for the last week or so. Why, why, why?
The hardest part for me to understand is sitting there all that time knowing you are going to die. You eat a bullet its done in less then a second. To do it that way you have time to think about it when you are doing it and then still do it?
The only conclusion I have is “real” depression (not the everyday BS that you think you are depressed about) is totally f_ed up and for a kid (me) that grew up in group homes and with a alcoholic mother later on and dirt poor, sometimes life its self is all I had I will never understand why someone would want to give it up. As long as I have a breath in my body no matter how bad things are there is always a chance it will get better. I just wish those two guys would have thought of that before they took them selves out of the game. For me they will both be sorely missed. I may never understand but there is always the good times to think about and I will never forget standing on the deck of my boat watching Boston and Brad performing at Pier 6. Again a night I will never forget.

Cuda
03-17-2007, 06:09 AM
I didn't know it was suicide. I've been on the verge once before, and I think that suicide is the most chicken **** thing anybody can do. Just think of the people you hurt, that you leave behind. I'd have more respect if he overdosed.

Cuda
03-19-2007, 02:18 PM
I think Kurt Cobain has some sort of stomach ailment that gave him pain. Instead of the old "take two aspirin, and call me in the morning", he decided to take one twelve guage instead. Dumbass.

chappy
03-19-2007, 03:54 PM
Kurt Cobain was a bipolar heroin addict, the guy had major issues.
Rich

Cuda
03-19-2007, 07:19 PM
Kurt Cobain was a bipolar heroin addict, the guy had major issues.
Rich
I reckon that shotgun blast cured them all.

chappy
03-19-2007, 07:23 PM
I agree, it did.

Rich

Goochman
03-26-2007, 12:39 PM
Any person that uses a pair of gas grills to asphyxiate themselved in a bathroom while having their head on a pillow and a suicide note paper clipped to their shirt is way serious! They also found his backup plan in case that didn't work, cause he had a dryer hose from the tailpipe of his car going in the car window with a note explaining that he should be dead by the time anyone found him. He also left a warning note on the bathroom door for carbon monoxide. There was no stopping this guy, and thats a damn shame!

Tom Davis
03-28-2007, 03:07 PM
I knew Brad and saw him about two months ago with his Beatles tribute band "Beatlejuice". I took a nice picture of Brad and Kim together that we have framed in the living room. Our Drummer did a few recording projects with Brad and they were very close, thats how we met.

All I can say is that he did not do drugs or drink and took pretty good care of himself, he was just tired and had depression. He was planning on getting married this summer and was in rehearsal for an upcoming Boston tour, it was a shock to everyone, he will be missed...

He trully was the nicest guy in rock and roll.

Tom Davis
Winni Bandits