PDA

View Full Version : Great deal on a 22 Classic.

Lenny
03-09-2007, 08:33 PM
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/5/7/88016957.htm

Posted here for exposure purposes only :D

Only about 8 hours from here. Too bad I am not in the market for one. Looks like a great project for someone to get started cheap (ish) .

Someone on here was looking for a cheap 22 a while back. I thnk he was on the West Coast and in Canada as well.

Ahhh, it doesn't get any cheaper than this.

wrussellw , where are you ???

Cuda
03-10-2007, 12:06 AM
A guy from another boat forum asked me about this same boat.

peregrine
03-10-2007, 12:29 AM
Only if I was ready to buy

MOP
03-10-2007, 02:00 PM
A no brainer buy 454 TRS like Joes, a nice indestructible package hope one of our guys can step up into it.

Phil

peregrine
03-11-2007, 08:06 AM
Out of curiosity, is there something wrong with this boat? Is this a board member's? Are we allowed to discuss it? I am asking for future reference. If I come across something like this when I am ready I want to know what to be aware of.

handfulz28
03-11-2007, 10:28 PM
Hey Cuda, guess the cat's outta the bag :wink:
I was the one that asked Joe about this one since it looks nearly identical to his/hers :) I talked with the seller a little bit, nice guy and he sent me more photos. He says it's a good strong runner but it's not in "concours" condition. The story goes that he's had it for 1.5 years or so having brought it out to Oregon from somewhere in Texas. Supposedly the previous owner maintained it well mechanically, just didn't keep up with the cosmetics. The right side windshield is broken in two places.
I love the look of these Classics, and the Minx too. But I need another boat like I need another hole in my transom assembly. Keep us posted if somebody from the forum gets it.
Thanks,
Michael

wrussellw
03-12-2007, 07:55 AM
Only about 8 hours from here. Too bad I am not in the market for one. Looks like a great project for someone to get started cheap (ish) .
Someone on here was looking for a cheap 22 a while back. I thnk he was on the West Coast and in Canada as well.
Ahhh, it doesn't get any cheaper than this.
wrussellw , where are you ???
that's just about what I am looking for minus the 2,500 + miles to look at it.

Eugene Nahemow
03-12-2007, 05:50 PM
Stay away from the phone Eugene ...Stay away from the phone...:bonk:

BUIZILLA
03-12-2007, 06:22 PM
>> ring - ring.......

>> ring - ring..........

>> Eugene please...

>> this is Euguene..

>> hey bud, I got this here great deal on a pretty original 22 Classic, even has the original hot as hell vinyl interior with it, trailer is so-so, but hey, it's ALL there.... 454.... TRS drive too.... man, how bulletproof can you get, I hear your real crafty with this stuff...... LenMan says he's got too many projects... make me an offer around this already stupidly low price and come get it.....

>> uh, well dude, I just finished this incredible 18 project, and I kinda need to focus on a new project, lemme think about it for a minute....... {thinking quickly}.... oh hell, i'll take it, what's another mind divertor...

E hangs up the phone......

>> honey.... move your car out of the driveway something else followed me home...

:lookaroun

Budmann
03-12-2007, 06:29 PM
Nice Color Combo!!!!:):):)

Cuda
03-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Nice Color Combo!!!!:):):)
It sure is. Everyone knows that blue is faster than red.

Cuda
03-12-2007, 09:36 PM
I love the look of these Classics, and the Minx too.
Michael
Just so happens I know a fine Minx for sale, and a whole lot closer to you. It will be at Mt Dora two weekends from now.:wink:

Budmann
03-12-2007, 09:40 PM
I may come up for the day and play with the seadogs!!!

handfulz28
03-13-2007, 09:40 AM
Just so happens I know a fine Minx for sale, and a whole lot closer to you. It will be at Mt Dora two weekends from now.:wink:

I know I know...I'm seriously thinking about getting up there to check out ALL the boats that will be there ;). It's been ages since I even saw a Donzi in person. I've got to be down in Homestead either that Friday or Saturday so I'm planning around that.

Eugene Nahemow
03-13-2007, 04:31 PM
>> ring - ring.......
>> ring - ring..........
>> Eugene please...
>> this is Euguene..
>> hey bud, I got this here great deal on a pretty original 22 Classic, even has the original hot as hell vinyl interior with it, trailer is so-so, but hey, it's ALL there.... 454.... TRS drive too.... man, how bulletproof can you get, I hear your real crafty with this stuff...... LenMan says he's got too many projects... make me an offer around this already stupidly low price and come get it.....
>> uh, well dude, I just finished this incredible 18 project, and I kinda need to focus on a new project, lemme think about it for a minute....... {thinking quickly}.... oh hell, i'll take it, what's another mind divertor...
E hangs up the phone......
>> honey.... move your car out of the driveway something else followed me home...
:lookaroun

Nice one Buizilla !!!:cool!:
Although it's not the little lady that I am worried about. It's my business partner who'll be wondering why I am not at meetings or behind in my work.

harry4
03-20-2007, 01:30 AM
I was the seller of that boat and after taking the pictures I had a change of heart, the boat is to cool and is begging me to keep her. Plus some dude offered me $6500, what can you buy for $10k these days with this much soul???

Cuda
03-20-2007, 10:26 PM
I was the seller of that boat and after taking the pictures I had a change of heart, the boat is to cool and is begging me to keep her. Plus some dude offered me $6500, what can you buy for $10k these days with this much soul???
You can't!:cool:

CHACHI
03-21-2007, 06:23 AM
You can't!:cool:
A "potential" buyer offered me 10K for my Minx last year, I told him perhaps a personal watercraft my fit his budget better.
Ken

harry4
03-22-2007, 06:58 AM
You guys have any leads on where to get a new windshield for this 1984, the previous owner screwed his cockpit cover snaps into the plexi and guess what it cracked on every screw (brilliant) I checked with Design Plastics in FL, and he was thinking $3-4 K for a new one, I was thinking of removing it and going without because I thought I heard the windshield was an option in 84 maybe it would be cool w/o see how it goes and then get the boat repainted. Any ideas would be helpful.

handfulz28
03-22-2007, 09:13 AM
Where in FL is Design Plastics? I really need to try and find the place that I had bend a windshield for my center console a few years ago. They did a great job of using the original as a template and copying the bends & shape.
A 4x8 sheet of 1/2" plexi supposedly goes for $350-400 plus the effort to bend/shape. With the 3 piece windshield it should easily come out of one sheet.

BUIZILLA
03-22-2007, 09:47 AM
try Ultama Plastics in Miami, talk to Gary, his plexi work is superb...