PDA

View Full Version : Texas Roundup 6, PK 2007

DonCig
03-07-2007, 08:12 PM
I know that it is a little early for some to plan their September travels; but can we take a stab at the dates in September for this gathering?
I need some mesquite meat; and bad!!

Don

farmer tx
03-07-2007, 08:49 PM
Don, It will be Sept. 21-23 at Bass Hollow. See you there.
Mark

DudeHoss
03-08-2007, 09:23 AM
Thanks Don, I'll be there!

BASS HOLLOW (http://www.basshollow.com/)

RickSE
03-08-2007, 11:06 AM
Maybe just maybe. :lookaroun

Team Jefe
03-08-2007, 12:00 PM
Reservations are already set Room #2

kd5cue
04-13-2007, 05:25 PM
called get a room ,,said there booked up till oct,,did any body get a room?

farmer tx
04-13-2007, 08:27 PM
kd they have a habit of booking us a year in advance if you attended last year, so they may appear to be booked up. I will call and see what the deal is. Their reservation system is not the best. A spiral notebook with names written in with pincil.
Mark

roadtrip se
04-13-2007, 10:30 PM
The whole rig is finally here to stay at Cumberland.

Think you guys could keep those pesky little named storms out of Texas for this weekend?

farmer tx
04-13-2007, 11:35 PM
Two years ago when Rita hit the coast, the spinoff winds stired the lake with 1-2' chop. It was a great day. Some brave Canadians showed up that year, and attendance was down from locals. We will put a hold on the Gulf twisters if you and Jill are going to make it.

kd5cue
04-14-2007, 12:04 PM
i sure would like to go,,not sure i want to pitch a tent,,

farmer tx
04-14-2007, 05:15 PM
There has been a shake-up in managment at Bass Hollow and the new manager is not allowing employees to make reservations. Also there are no reservations being accepted at this time for the time period after Labor day. I will call the new managment Monday and see what I can find out.

Mark

thriller
04-15-2007, 12:13 PM
Maybe another fly in for me..Does Wes have a boat yet?
I am kinda fond of Texas and it's popcorn and smokers and boats and friendly folks..

Mike

Team Jefe
04-16-2007, 09:33 AM
There has been a shake-up in managment at Bass Hollow and the new manager is not allowing employees to make reservations. Also there are no reservations being accepted at this time for the time period after Labor day. I will call the new managment Monday and see what I can find out.
Mark
:eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!:

NOT GOOD, maybe I don't have room #2 set.

farmer tx
04-16-2007, 08:47 PM
I am waiting for a call back from managment. But for what I have been able to piece together we are ok.

farmer tx
04-16-2007, 10:56 PM
Mike the popcorn and smoker are lined up just come on down.

Darrell
04-17-2007, 10:20 PM
Mark, if you talk to them have them book my same room for me.

Darrell

farmer tx
04-17-2007, 10:58 PM
Darrell, I was in Vernon today coming back with my trailer from Lewisville. Saw the Altus exit and thought about you and Janet. Everythings going good I hope. I will confirm your reservation when I make contact with B.H.

kd5cue, Do you want me to add your name along with Darrell, Jeffe,Don and I? One standard room on the boardwalk? Or do you need a cabin?

DonCig
04-17-2007, 11:01 PM
Darrell, I was in Vernon today coming back with my trailer from Lewisville. Saw the Altus exit and thought about you and Janet. Everythings going good I hope. I will confirm your reservation when I make contact with B.H.
kd5cue, Do you want me to add your name along with Darrell and Jeffe and I? One standard room on the boardwalk? Or do you need a cabin?
Mark, can you book one room for me?

Don Tamm

farmer tx
04-17-2007, 11:07 PM
Done:propeller:

kd5cue
04-18-2007, 08:26 AM
yes pls get standard room,,,kurt hill,,830-734-2307

farmer tx
04-21-2007, 12:54 AM
I talked to Misty at leangth tonight and she told me the weekend was ours. Ya'll need to call Misty and only her for our reservations. She said she will accept them starting monday 4/23/2007,(940) 549-0104 and secure your room with a credit card. Darrell room 201, Jefe room 202, Mark 203,Kurt and Don these rooms are on the poarch area and go for $95. a night (a 8 % increase over last year). The cabins are $105. and the cabins with full kitchens are $115.

I am arriving 9/20/07 and departing 9/23/07. Here is a picture of the Standard Rooms along the party poarch.

kd5cue
04-21-2007, 07:21 AM
I talked to Misty at leangth tonight and she told me the weekend was ours. Ya'll need to call Misty and only her for our reservations. She said she will accept them starting monday 4/23/2007,(940) 549-0104 and secure your room with a credit card. Darrell room 201, Jefe room 202, Mark 203,Kurt and Don these rooms are on the poarch area and go for $95. a night (a 8 % increase over last year). The cabins are $105. and the cabins with full kitchens are $115.
I am arriving 9/20/07 and departing 9/23/07. Here is a picture of the Standard Rooms along the party poarch.
ok thx ,ill give a call on monday:propeller:

Team Jefe
04-23-2007, 01:03 PM
Room 202 confirmed. Team Jefe is in.

and...uh...Mark, I thought we agreed that it was best for all concerned if that first picture was never again published:bonk:

farmer tx
04-24-2007, 12:17 AM
I had to go way back in the archives for that one. T.R. III to be exact.:)
Glad to hear you and Renee are in.

roadtrip se
06-20-2007, 10:39 PM
We will be there. Debate still ongoing about pulling a boat, but I am leaning in that direction. Jill will fly in.

I'll make reservations in the next few days.

Trueser
06-20-2007, 11:05 PM
Todd,
Swing buy and we can all go together.

You sure we cant move this to Don's this year?

Lenny
06-21-2007, 12:07 AM
Hmmmmm, if it is NOT the SEMA (car show) weekend THEN I think Deneen and I will be in :)

Probably a fly-in thing. If it is too crowded, and few boats, then we will bail so the tow-ers and friends can have some fun.

I have been twice, loved it twice, and it is NOT something that EVER ends up "bad". Just wish Todd and Jill still had their "summer place".

THAT was to die for...

Memories that don't seem to leave, ... Lenny

Team Jefe
06-21-2007, 03:14 PM
We will be there. Debate still ongoing about pulling a boat, but I am leaning in that direction. Jill will fly in.
I'll make reservations in the next few days.

Hmmmmm, if it is NOT the SEMA (car show) weekend THEN I think Deneen and I will be in :)
Probably a fly-in thing. If it is too crowded, and few boats, then we will bail so the tow-ers and friends can have some fun.
I have been twice, loved it twice, and it is NOT something that EVER ends up "bad". Just wish Todd and Jill still had their "summer place".
THAT was to die for...
Memories that don't seem to leave, ... Lenny

Gents - there is always room on the Revenge for...the ladies. Not sure what y'all are gonna do.:lookaroun:

All kiddin' aside. We gots plenty of room for the "Northern Texas" folks:wink:

Hell, on PK you could ride in the bow pulpit and be comfortable:yes:

roadtrip se
06-27-2007, 10:05 AM
starting the 19th. Misty is gone and Linda needs to call me back to take the reservation. The person answering the phone stated that they were so "busy" that only certain people could take a reservation. Interesting.

We'll get it done.

Update: I talked to Linda. She is holding a bunch of rooms that were reserved by last year's attendees. Richard Reed and Lenny were two that
she mentioned. If you haven't already, please call Linda to confirm your reservation, so she can rent us "newbees" a room.

K5_Guy
06-28-2007, 04:21 PM
Hey guys, I have a room reserved from last year when I had to cancel because the deal fell through on my 28ZX. After all the hassle I ended up purchasing a Chaparral 285 SSI wanted to make sure I wouldn't offend anyone if I showed up in my chapparal, I still carry my Donzi towels and it does still have twin 6.2's? Let me know.
Dave

Team Jefe
06-28-2007, 08:52 PM
come on, we ain't that stuck up.

patolucas962000
06-29-2007, 05:25 PM
Rick are you going to consider this???? I'm in if you are honey....:smileybo:

farmer tx
06-29-2007, 11:48 PM
I talked to someone at Bass Hollow today and they stated another shakeup in managment was taking place. My reservation was under Polly's name and Jefe was reserved. No Somerville, Abernathy. I would suggest everyone confirm your reservation. They seem to have everything in a mess. The GO TO contact now is Linda. I left my number but as usual I did not get a return call. You just have to dog these people I guess. I will keep trying to get things straight, and will post updates.

Later,
Mark
806 292 0751

K5 GUY, That is why it's called the Texas Roundup, any boat is welcome.We had a bayliner as a pace boat one year and that lasted about 200 yards, but they had a great time along with everyone else.

Kurt, I got your message thanks,

Team Jefe
06-30-2007, 09:15 AM
I second the Farmer's advice. I got a call yesterday...about my fifth one on this deal, to confirm. Linda was very apologetic and told me they are shaking things up again and want to be sure that the DON-ZEYE folks remain happy with the arrangement.

So, give them a shout and confirm your spot.

Darrell
07-05-2007, 09:55 PM
I also took Farmer Tx's advice, Room 201 was still open, and we are set, we will be rolling in on that Thursday .

See ya

Darrell
& Janet

K5_Guy
07-09-2007, 02:42 PM
Great! We are in, any secrets on things to bring other than fuel and beer? I guess food would be good also. Is there a schedule of events or is it more go with the flow?

I'm replacing the starboard gimbal ring, right now...ouch, but we will be good to go by then.

kd5cue
07-09-2007, 03:40 PM
Great! We are in, any secrets on things to bring other than fuel and beer? I guess food would be good also. Is there a schedule of events or is it more go with the flow?
I'm replacing the starboard gimbal ring, right now...ouch, but we will be good to go by then.i replaced a gimbal last week ,,,there lot of fun....good luck

Team Jefe
07-10-2007, 04:04 PM
K5 here is the agenda

1. Travel to PK
2. Hug and Kiss Polly....and any other DG onsite
3. Launch the Boat
4. Dump our stuff in the room
5. Have a great time with other Donzifiles
6. Eat, drink, sleep a little
7. Go home

as for the rest....we're kinda loose about the details:wink:

K5_Guy
07-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Sweet! When's everyone else getting there? I don't think we'll be getting in until around midnight on Thursday. My better half has to work in the lab until 5,:frown: but we'll be ready to go Friday morning.
FYI, Spoke with Linda @ Bass Hollow, and said she only has confirmation for 5 rooms, she doesn't have contact numbers for all the reservations from last year so y'all better get on it!
http://www.basshollow.com

farmer tx
07-11-2007, 01:30 AM
Got a few photos from my spy in the sky at PK. I remember taking this road with RTSE in a Cobra and it didn't look like this. There is a big stir downstream on the Brazos about the release of water from Pk. You recon the trout that were at the base of the dam are in the Gulf yet?

roadtrip se
07-11-2007, 09:45 PM
That is sobering.

Bet the boys below are wishing they had floating docks at Granbury.

The roar has to be deafening. Sorry I am not there to see it.

Incredible.

kd5cue
07-12-2007, 03:53 PM
does any one mind if post texas round up on texas hot boat web site? thx kurt

farmer tx
07-12-2007, 11:47 PM
That's fine, I posted there two or three years ago. Only a couple of people showed up from Lubbock. Shark in the pond was one, I think Rick? was the other.

roadtrip se
07-13-2007, 12:01 PM
and of course she is going to call me back. How the hell does this place stay in business?

Is it the Hotel California, where once you get a room, you never leave?

Is it a Jefe conspiracy to build out the Red Bikini Team Bench, by allowing only certain women with a confirmed "configuration" to place a reservation?

Perhaps the place has been taken over by our local congressman and he is trying to run the place like he did up on the Hill. "I am sorry sir, but you need to submit the proper legislation and documentation to us showing that you have a standing reservation from five years ago."

Or better yet, the place has become the latest summering spot for Aliens.
Afterall, it's just a hop-skip-and-a-jump from Roswell and green people like to ski and tube too. Come to think of it, I've seen a few of those buggers running jetskis here on Lake Cumberland. Be careful who you flip off, they could have the mega death ray packed in their swim trunks.

Or Lenny's worst nightmare, the place has been taken over by Godzilla-peads!

I would say it is the locale, but I spent a lot of time in this area and the people at the Cliffs Hotel were only too eager to take your reservation and overcharge you for a room, by whatever your wallet would bear.

Hoping that Linda will bless me with a room by September....

farmer tx
07-18-2007, 12:43 AM
I talked to Linda today and she asked if we were expecting any more participants as she was getting requests for rooms on that weekend in September. I told her I would try to get the fence sitters to check in with her. I let her know we have never occupied the whole resort and to go ahead and let the rooms that are still available.
So anyone still on the fence please make a decision soon and contact Linda at 940 549 0104
See ya there.

Biskit
07-18-2007, 01:04 AM
I hope I'm still in the room they booked me in. I recieved one call from them Fathers day weekend and another after that. I'm plannin on going. The Stranger.

Team Jefe
07-18-2007, 07:48 PM
Todd - you Jill WILL have a place to stay...even if Angel and I have to sleep in the back of the MEGA CAB.

and you're right about the RBC...except that JILL is a founding and charter member of the team:yes:

farmer tx
07-18-2007, 09:06 PM
Sig, You are in. And the following are in.
Darrell
Jefe
KD
K5
Don T
Trueser
Mark and PJ
Linda said she had 8 reservations and to the best of my memory these are the ones.

DonCig
07-18-2007, 09:08 PM
Mark, thank you.

Don

fegettes
07-19-2007, 04:47 AM
Darrell
Jefe
KD
K5
Don T
Trueser
Mark and PJ
Linda said she had 8 reservations and to the best of my memory these are the ones.

I am obligated to work the whole month of September. Sorry, I just will not be able to make PK this year. And I was stuck here at work and was unable to make it to Powell also. Have I become a slave to my job? I am high hopes of squeezing in the Hometown Rally the last weekend of September, but, that will be iffy.

Steve

roadtrip se
07-19-2007, 09:34 AM
but at least Linda is calling me back now. Jill just booked her plane ticket, Jefe you will have to talk to her about packing the Venus swimwear, and I will be hauling her boat down to PK for its rally debut.

There is hope yet. I never thought about sleeping in the truck, but is it called "sleeping around" if we bed down in the Excursion one night and the Mega-cab the next?

kd5cue
07-19-2007, 03:53 PM
Darrell
Jefe
KD
K5
Don T
Trueser
Mark and PJ
they got my resv ,im staying in one of there travel tralier they have for rent,,or til some cancels out the reg rooms,,,

roadtrip se
07-20-2007, 11:01 PM
at the hotel. Room 206, I believe.

Linda asked that I mention that she has one room at the hotel and several cabins up for rent for that weekend.

Excellent. See you all there!

farmer tx
07-20-2007, 11:33 PM
Cool RTSE, Looking forward to seeing Jill and the 18' Scorpion.

Kd5 this is your chance to trade your trailer for a room.:crossfing:

RickSE
07-29-2007, 10:42 PM
I called and talked to Linda last Sunday. I got the same response most of you seem to be getting; she took my name and number and said she'd call me back when things slowed down. Well it's been a week now and no one has called me back. So I have no idea if I have a reservation or not. :confused:

DonCig
07-29-2007, 10:48 PM
I called and talked to Linda last Sunday. I got the same response most of you seem to be getting; she took my name and number and said she'd call me back when things slowed down. Well it's been a week now and no one has called me back. So I have no idea if I have a reservation or not. :confused:
You have dared to enter the Twilight Zone known as; Graham Texas....

http://www.basshollow.com/

RickSE
07-30-2007, 02:56 PM
OK, guess we're in. Linda just called to confirm, says we're in room 207. I just wasn't sure from our first conversation if I had a room or not.

roadtrip se
07-30-2007, 03:55 PM
If so, I may need to change plans and bring my 500 boat. We had planned on bringing the new-to-us 18 Scorpion boat out, but it would be cool to see and run with a genuine, factory SE.

Either way, glad to see you are going to make it. Look forward to finally meeting you.

Todd

RickSE
07-30-2007, 05:38 PM
Todd,
Yes, we're bringing the boat. Should be a fun trip and we're looking forward to seeing some good friends and meeting some new ones, including Jill and yourself. It'll be fun to do something different. Bring the boat that makes the most sense. I'd like to see either one.

I'm hoping I can also convince my dad to come and bring one of his boats from TN, but we'll see.

Team Jefe
07-31-2007, 08:29 PM
Bring the Scorp. We're all pretty tired of you speeding past us in that red flash:wink:

Besides, I need to RBC pics of an 18 Scorpion:yes:

roadtrip se
07-31-2007, 10:05 PM
and bring the Scorpion. We'll be looking for tips from the "Master of 18 insanity hailing from Colorado" any way. Some schooling is definitely needed,
as this little bugger continues to kick both of our butts.

I'll hop in Rick's boat, if I need a 500 fix.

And by the way, the red bikini has been making appearances at a lake near us all summer...

Team Jefe
08-01-2007, 01:11 PM
And by the way, the red bikini has been making appearances at a lake near us all summer...

:hyper::hyper:I feel warm and fuzzy all over:yes::yes::yes:

kd5cue
08-05-2007, 07:44 AM
what do we need to bring ,,is somebody going do a cookout?can we see a list of events of weekend,,who going show up? thx kurt

farmer tx
08-06-2007, 08:09 PM
Kurt, I am bringing a smoked brisket (about 15#) for sandwiches and Friday night,also a batch of pico de gillo. If there are breakfast eaters one of them can maybe handle that. Saturday we do the bring your own steak,sausage,fajita meat, whatever and grill it. I will bring some BBQ beans for sat. night. There is a Pizza joint on site for quick snacks. Mark

RickSE
08-07-2007, 09:47 AM
I'll get Patti to make some more potato salad.

I'll also check on some chilli's out of New Mexico. I'm not sure on the season but maybe we can pick some up as we drive through.

kd5cue
08-07-2007, 10:53 AM
Kurt, I am bringing a smoked brisket (about 15#) for sandwiches and Friday night,also a batch of pico de gillo. If there are breakfast eaters one of them can maybe handle that. Saturday we do the bring your own steak,sausage,fajita meat, whatever and grill it. I will bring some BBQ beans for sat. night. There is a Pizza joint on site for quick snacks. Markthx for info,kurt

Team Jefe
08-07-2007, 02:38 PM
we'll have all kinds of meat, meat and more meat...way more than we can eat oursleves. I'll bring some stuff for Breakfast tacos Saturday morning, and I'll probably make some crawfish etouffee as a good topping for Saturday's steaks, etc. plus other general sundries.

We usually, just pile it all up family style and everybody help themselves.

As far as list of events......um, well, um, let's just play it by ear and see what happens:lookaroun:

farmer tx
08-14-2007, 11:34 PM
Darrell Abernathy please send me your email addy at redsky@door.net I need to talk. We will be back in town 8-20-07.

Thanks, Mark

Darrell
08-16-2007, 11:22 PM
Mark; check your email.

kd5cue
08-20-2007, 12:09 PM
does any body have turbo 21 pitch that i can test when we are at pk,thx

Trueser
08-20-2007, 01:42 PM
I will have a mirage you can spin.

kd5cue
08-20-2007, 04:43 PM
are coming to texas round up at pk?

Trueser
08-20-2007, 11:45 PM
Thats the plan......

kd5cue
08-22-2007, 08:51 AM
bring it ill give spin,,any body that has turbo 21,pls bring it,thx

Trueser
08-24-2007, 02:57 PM
We should be @ PK by Wednesday afternoon...

kd5cue
08-25-2007, 07:41 PM
what day is everbody going to arriving at pk? thx kurt

Darrell
08-26-2007, 05:59 PM
Well it's time agian to take orders for the event shirts, due to rather busy summer I don't have pics yet from the printer, however we plan to print the shirts @ Sept 15th. The shirts will be $20.00 @ the event, and $25.00 for the non-attendees (shipping incl., just use the donation button and leave your address with Scot and we will send them to you.)

Thanks;

Darrell

sizes S,M,L,XL,XXL & XXXL
all profits goes the the registry

Team Jefe
08-27-2007, 07:48 AM
Darrell - I'll take my typical order please, 12: (2)XXL, (4)XL, (2)L, (4)M

We'll be rolling in Thursday Night...really Friday Morning around 0100

roadtrip se
08-27-2007, 09:26 AM
Wednesday, mid-day.

kd5cue
08-27-2007, 08:27 PM
:pimp:is ever body leaving to go home sunday or monday?thx kurt

Team Jefe
08-28-2007, 07:05 AM
We're gonna take off around lunch time Sunday...aftr a great Morning run:)

K5_Guy
08-29-2007, 02:37 PM
I'll take 2 - L, 1 - XL, & 1 - 2XL.
We will be getting in in waves. A couple in my group should be in around dark:30 on Thursday and The Boat, myself and eye candy(MY Girlfriend) will be getting in around Midnight or so.
Look forward to it, if the boat cooperates. Pulled the starboard engine to replace the gimbal ring found a broken steering arm on the port engine. :mad: Instead of pulling that engine too, bought external hydraulic steering from XS Performance Marine, Thanks Bryan @ www.xsperformancemarine.biz, :yes: and am trying to get it back together. Along with filling my wallet again from the flogging it just took.:eek!:
Look forward to seeing you guys there!
Dave:shades:

RickSE
08-29-2007, 07:44 PM
We should arrive Thursday before noon and will have to bug out early Sunday. I'd like to make it all the way home on Sunday but we'll see.

farmer tx
08-30-2007, 01:03 AM
Darrell please put me down for 2-XXL, 2-XL, 3-L, 3-M, 2-S. Since a number of people are arriving Wed. I think we will come a day early. See ya there. RSE that would be a very long drive in one day. It's 10 hours from my house to Flag and another 4.5 to PK, that includes two fuel stops and various potty breaks for my navigator.

kd5cue
09-05-2007, 10:09 PM
im going have cancel my boat trip i got take all my vaction now ,,,my brother had fatal motor cycle trike accident at oltan,texas,,,i hope see all guys nest year for sure,,,thx kurt:(

farmer tx
09-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Kurt, very sorry to here about your brother. If you need anything I am about 18 miles from Olton. 806-292-0751

Darrell
09-06-2007, 01:18 AM
Janet & I are so sorry to hear about your loss, I lost my mother due to motorcycle accident about this time of the year, 4 years ago. God bless you and your family.

Darrell & Janet

Hope to see you next year.

DonCig
09-06-2007, 01:19 AM
im going have cancel my boat trip i got take all my vaction now ,,,my brother had fatal motor cycle trike accident at oltan,texas,,,i hope see all guys nest year for sure,,,thx kurt:(

Kurt,

Sorry to hear th BAD news.

Don Tamm

kd5cue
09-07-2007, 08:47 AM
Kurt, very sorry to here about your brother. If you need anything I am about 18 miles from Olton. 806-292-0751
thx guys,,kurt

roadtrip se
09-07-2007, 12:15 PM
from what I hear, this place, shall we say, is a bit off the beaten path.

Been by it on the water many times, but I don't have the faintest idea how to uncover it from land.

Thanks and see you all soon.

K5_Guy
09-07-2007, 04:31 PM
If you guys need directions, here is a pretty good link.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&formtype=address&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&cat=&address=4553+FM+1148&city=Graham&state=tx&zipcode=

This site has cool aerial pictures available.

http://maps.live.com/localsearch/details.aspx?lid=YN838x14376706&qt=yp

Hope this helps.

TXDONZI
09-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Ok.... I looked over this whole thread and could not find any where that it said exactly when or where this event is or even the name of the lake. Unless I was reading to fast or its in alien code and I didn't understand it....LOL

Tt

TXDONZI
09-07-2007, 06:10 PM
Dah.... Ok I got to thinking and figured out the lake...... Still unsure of the weekend.....

Team Jefe
09-07-2007, 09:52 PM
Kurt - Sorry about your Bro, we will keep a good thought for you.

Tt - PK on two weeks, weekend of Sept 21st, bass hollow. Hope you can make it. Angel and I are pulling out of Dickinson Thursday night around 1800, your welcome to tag along if you'd like, call me 713 825 2443.

Todd - I can get there but I don't remember the road names....I'll get back to you.

Team Jefe
09-07-2007, 10:09 PM
Bass Hollow website: http://www.basshollow.com/index.asp

The addy does not show up right on Goggle maps

From the east end of Graham, take 1287 south for about 10-12 miles to FM 1148, turn left (east) its about 3-4 miles to BAss Hollow on your right (look for the shell station.

roadtrip se
09-08-2007, 07:18 PM
Didn't want to get into the area and end up in Abilene or Mineral Wells.

That final mile can be a killer....

Trueser
09-08-2007, 08:37 PM
What ever you do not trust Map quest on this one. We ended up on a gravel road that hit a dead end. At one point we came across a spider web that went all the way across the road. When we hit the web it was like we hit a small animal I was thinking it cracked the windshield.

We turned around some how and made it back to town to find a car wash. It took forever to get the dirt out of the 22.

I looked over the 22 and I need to get some tires before this trip.

fegettes
09-09-2007, 04:04 AM
[QUOTE=Trueser;424087]What ever you do not trust Map quest on this one. We ended up on a gravel road that hit a dead end. At one point we came across a spider web that went all the way across the road. When we hit the web it was like we hit a small animal I was thinking it cracked the windshield.
We turned around some how and made it back to town to find a car wash. It took forever to get the dirt out of the 22.
QUOTE]

Funny. I think we did the exact same thing, all of the way to the end of road and it turned into gravel. You are right, do not trust Map Quest, or Yahoo Maps on this one. Jefe said it right, look for the Shell station, and it is right behind the station. Sorry to miss this one. I just can not get away. Work is dictating when I can get away this year.

Jefe, are you living in Dickinson now?

Steve

Team Jefe
09-10-2007, 07:37 AM
Trueser - that's what we call a Little "Sugar Sack" Spider, 'cause they only weight about 5 pounds:wink:, you and Lenny should have a margarita and talk over Texas Bugs.

Steve - Yes, we are the newest Dickinsonians...and available for stored boat "keep the gas clean, motor running, and drive functional" shaked down cruises....for a small fee, of course:yes:

2 weeks and counting:hyper:

fegettes
09-10-2007, 10:29 AM
Steve - Yes, we are the newest Dickinsonians...and available for stored boat "keep the gas clean, motor running, and drive functional" shaked down cruises....for a small fee, of course:yes:
:hyper:

Cool! What part of town are you in? The last time I was home, it was still there off of Hughs Road, on Tanglebriar. And yes, that poor little Blackhawk sure needs to be run. Every weekend I have been home this year, it was rainy. I have Fuel Additive in the boat, but not the Stingray.

K5_Guy
09-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Man I can't wait, I really need this weekend! :beer:
Look forward to meting you guys but as usual the trip is getting closer, but the boat isn't, should be done, better be done.
Started witha gimbal ring on the starbord engine, got that pulled nd found out the arm was broken on the port engine. :splat: Figured that it was time to go to external hydraulic steering instead of pulling a second engine. Called up Brian @ XS Performance Marine to get a steering system in the works and am working on getting it all back together! BTW Brian's systems are awesome if you need one. So God willing and the creek don't rise, dry or wet run this weekend, however you look at it. :crossfing: Texas Roundup @ Possum Kingdom next. :hyper:
Git Er Done!
Dave

Team Jefe
09-10-2007, 04:38 PM
Not Far, we are off of 517 just west of Cemetery Road

K5_Guy
09-17-2007, 10:58 AM
Is anyone else getting excited about the weekend? Weather is looking pretty good!:hyper:
http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/weekend/USTX0540?from=36hr_topnav_business
Hope I can finish the boat in time!:crossfing:
See ya'll there.
Dave
Cabin 19

Donzi Angel
09-17-2007, 11:23 AM
We am sooo ready for this weekend. Just the food alone is worth the drive!

So...do we have a head count on who all is coming????

SEE Y'ALL AROUND 1AM FRIDAY MORNING!!!!

RENEE

RickSE
09-17-2007, 02:33 PM
What is in the area as far as food? Are there any supermarkets or restaurants close by? I'd like to hold off on buying the bulk of our food supplies until we get there if I can.

How about fuel, is there a good fuel supply near by?

We're close to being ready, just need to finish packing and wrap the boat up for the trip. We'll probably leave Wednesday afternoon, stop in Amarillo overnight and finish the trip Thursday morning.

How about any fees for the lake? Do I need to purchase anything in advance?

Anyone have a extra 27P Mirage?

K5_Guy
09-17-2007, 02:43 PM
You have to uy a boating permit,
i think the fee scedule is as follows:
Annual permit $50
Discount annual permit (over 65 or active duty/retired military) $35
Single-day $5
3-day $12
5-day $20
As far as food and groceries, not sure. I think there is a shell station at bass hollow, but other than that not too sure.
Here is a link to the Chamber of Commerce:
http://updateanytime.com/u12094/default.aspx?id=pk&aid=&opn=&tid=&uid=&rid=&guid=&
Hope that helps.
Dave

Trueser
09-17-2007, 06:48 PM
We plan on leaving early Wed morning.

Matt
Mike

roadtrip se
09-17-2007, 08:00 PM
Drove down this afternoon from Detroit.

Goal is to be somewhere in Texas by this time tomorrow night. Finish up the drive Wednesday morning and do a little exploring around my old stomping grounds when I get there.

Jill's boat is hooked up and ready to go. The owner is flying in Thursday and will show up late afternoon. How's that for full service? Of course, her cocktail will be chilled and waiting...

When I talked to Horne, he mentioned that there is a pretty good grocery in Graham for supplies. Gas is right at the entrance to Bass Hollow in the form of a Shell. Maybe I'll throw a little of the super premium "ultra" stuff they carry in the Scorpion and see what it does.

Locked and loaded, good to go, and really looking forward to seeing PK, as it has been far too long.

See you all there!

Team Jefe
09-18-2007, 07:36 AM
Rick - Trip and the Farmer have the 411 as usual. One point though, the store in Graham is very nice for a small town grocery. But if you're looking for some special stuff, I'd make a run to a big Kroger or H-E-B in Amarillo since you're stopping there anyway.

Go-juice: watch the prices and fill up at your last stop before you get to PK. The prices at the Shell tend to be a little more than elsewhere. Not much to sneeze at usually...but for me anything times 200 adds up fast.:wink:

See Y'all soon.

RickSE
09-18-2007, 11:08 AM
After looking at some of the gas prices online I may just fill up here or in Wichita Falls. We're at $2.54/gallon in AZ and looks like the Flying-J in Wichita Falls is $2.69. Filling up the boat on the road is a pain since it'll be covered up but I also don't want to tow 900-miles with a full tank of fuel back there.

Man I wish I could use my old long haul truck for this trip, one fill up and I could make the round trip home. Fitting five people in a regular cab truck though won't really work. :boggled: I hate these new trucks with small gas tanks.