PDA

View Full Version : 1979 16' Classic

jahfool
03-07-2007, 03:28 PM
I am selling my 1979 16' classic. It has a remanufactured longblock from 2004 (I have docs) with a Chrysler 300 stern drive. The drive for this donzi is somewhat rare. Also it has a new interior from Built Rite in 2006 with alternating yellow/white pattern and new blue no-slip carpet. The pictures only show the new bench cushions, I have not installed the new helm seat but have it in a box in storage with new hardware.
Also included in the sale is an original 'Rocket' trailer that came with the boat which includes two spare tires and was rewired in 2005. The pictures show that the boat is in great condition and I will let them speak for themselves.
I will also include the collected spares since this is a rare drive (parts are still available on the internet it just takes some searching) ... I have boxes full of spare parts for the drive including extra trim/tilt cylindars, upper housing, gimbal housing, forward and reverse gears, more misc gears and bearings, and much more. I almost feel I have enough extra parts to build a second drive. I also have all of the service manuals for the drive as well.
Everything was in fine order (Oct 2006) when I put her to rest for this winter.
I am asking $9500 o.b.o
Please send a PM if you have any questions.
Location is in MD/DC
Thanks,
Matt B

jahfool
03-07-2007, 04:05 PM
One other note ... Drive has Mirage SS prop

One Correction ... I stated I had an extra gimbal housing ... meant bell housing

jahfool
06-24-2007, 03:05 PM
Still looking to sell ... have been running great this year ... will consider offers from 7500 ...

chappy
06-24-2007, 08:23 PM
SurfGreenTele? This could be the one.

Rich

SurfGreenTele
06-25-2007, 08:34 PM
Oh man, I wish. Unfortunately, I'm afraid it's still out of my range. I thought I'd have more cash in the boat fund by now, but work hasn't been very lucrative this year. I think I'll have to go for the Checkmate.

jahfool
06-25-2007, 09:46 PM
Every one thanks for the interest ... I have been asked some questions that might be on others minds as well ... so here it goes ...

Does the dash contain original intruments? Yes ... the dash is original as is the throttle ... I have the original wheel but it is in pretty shot condition
Photo available? give me a day or two and I will gladly send one ...
Use in salt water? yes salt/fresh mix (i live in MD and use it on Chesapeake and Potomac ... ALWAYS thoroughly flush!!!)
Type of oil and frequency of changes? Mobil 1 (approximately every 80 hours but honestly I never get that many in one season so I change it at the begin and end of the season)
Condition of hull and deck - minor/major damage or scratches? Some very small cracks in deck that are age related (typical) There is one small dinger on the hull that I will try to snag pic of
Are you the original owner? No, I am the third owner of this boat
Also, what is the engine displacement and HP rating? The engine is a Chrysler 360 V8 Longblock 5.9L 265 HP
Is the exhaust thru-the-hull? Yes

jahfool
07-12-2007, 07:50 AM
bump

Yellowdonzi67
07-15-2007, 11:06 PM
i might be interested. I live in the annapolis area.

jahfool
08-01-2007, 01:03 PM
Boat is still available first 7500 takes it ... Please Call 504-231-2247 if interested. Thanks,
Matt B

jahfool
02-14-2008, 10:11 AM
Hey gang, I was looking to sell this baby at the end of last year and will be again in the spring. She is currently in a garage here in MD awaiting warmer temperatures. When I put her to sleep everything was in great shape. Still looking to sell and I am dropping my bottom line to 6750 firm. If you are interested, give me a call at 240-228-7025

Thanks,
Matt B

HIGH LIFE
05-19-2008, 10:08 PM
Hi, Matt, If boat is still for sale call me @ 781.844.8082 Michael i live near Boston........have cash!!!!!!!

jahfool
05-23-2008, 07:38 AM
Sorry, I sold the boat this spring. It went to a good home in MN. I didn't update the post since there had been no action on it for several months.