PDA

View Full Version : Sorely Needed Relief For All Of Us Donzi Adrenalin Junkies Out There

TheFees
03-06-2007, 06:41 PM
Once somebody experiences the rush of catching air in a Donzi, their is no going back. Nothing compares to it. The first time I rode in one, I went home in a 911 Porsche which seemed boring in comparison. Then you go nuts until you buy a Donzi for yourself, then you experience it all of the time. Others riding with you put their thumbs in the air, and talk about it forever.
Then old man winter comes, for those of us who live in the Northeast, or other such cold places. The Donzi's are put away for the winter, and round about now, in March the fever peaks, knowing that boating season is not so far away, even though it may be 20 some degrees out, and calling for snow that way it is today.
So I thought I would give all of us adrenalin junkies a little bit of relief. This is the closest thing to catchin air in a Donzi I can find. It is a video of a Yamaha Hyabusa motorcycle, the fastest production bike out there. It does the quarter mile in the 7 second range. What this video is, is a guy with a video camera strapped to the tank of his Hyabusa, and he straightens it out at 50 miles per hour, then nails it, the whole front end comes off the ground, he stays in it, the front of the bike is way off the ground all the way up to 140 mph, when it finally dips, but he still stays in it, all the way up to over 210. He burys the speedometer, and then squeezes every last drop of juice out of it while he watches the tach climb over 11,000. The guy is nuts, he belongs in the Donzi club. At 210 you will think it is spring time, and you are catchin air on the Donzi. Now all the guy on the Hyabus has to do is add catchin air to it, then he will understand what Donzi fever is all about. Check out the video, but turn up the speakers first, you have to hear this as well as see it. I bet you watch it more than one time, the rush is sorely missed. :)
Later, Bob http://www.mccallcolors.com/video_player.htm

Pismo
03-06-2007, 07:16 PM
Awesome.......

zelatore
03-06-2007, 07:42 PM
My BS meter is flashing...

A- the Hyabusa isn't the fastest bike anymore
B- even with a pro rider, it won't run in the 7's
c- stock bikes are speed limited
d- stock speedos are notoriously optimistic

Let's assume the guy has modded the bike. Nitros, turbo, whatever. You can get a lot of power out of the Busa, but I don't see it being as fast as that speedo looks. The bike can still be heard climbing after the speedo pegs at 220 or so. Seems a bit far-fetched.

Lastly, as a guy who's been know to crack the ton regularly on a sport bike, it just didn't 'look' that fast.

I know there are other sport bike riders on this list; maybe even some Suzuki riders. What do you guys think?

Don't get me wrong - it's not like I wouldn't just wet myself if I pulled the front end up at triple digit speeds. Personally, while I have no problem with cracking the throttle, I'd rather the stunters and wheelie kings kept it off the streets. The public sees that and starts crying to the saftey nazis to ban those damn "ninga bikes" and "murder-cycles".

Don

DonCig
03-06-2007, 08:35 PM
My BS meter is flashing...
A- the Hyabusa isn't the fastest bike anymore
B- even with a pro rider, it won't run in the 7's
c- stock bikes are speed limited
d- stock speedos are notoriously optimistic
Let's assume the guy has modded the bike. Nitros, turbo, whatever. You can get a lot of power out of the Busa, but I don't see it being as fast as that speedo looks. The bike can still be heard climbing after the speedo pegs at 220 or so. Seems a bit far-fetched.
Lastly, as a guy who's been know to crack the ton regularly on a sport bike, it just didn't 'look' that fast.
I know there are other sport bike riders on this list; maybe even some Suzuki riders. What do you guys think?
Don't get me wrong - it's not like I wouldn't just wet myself if I pulled the front end up at triple digit speeds. Personally, while I have no problem with cracking the throttle, I'd rather the stunters and wheelie kings kept it off the streets. The public sees that and starts crying to the saftey nazis to ban those damn "ninga bikes" and "murder-cycles".
Don
I had a hard time seeing the colors on the tach, but he/she shifts from first to second at 9,000 rpm, then the next 5 shifts and the final top end is at 10,000 to 11,100 rpm. It appears that he/she was in the red zone heavily which would say "Modified Engine". But I miss my ZX-9R and I really miss the acceleration wheelies. Maybe that is why I put a 427 sbc in my Donzi 18. LOL

Don

RedDog
03-06-2007, 09:42 PM
isn't a Hyabusa a Suzuki rather than a Yamaha?

TheFees
03-06-2007, 09:51 PM
You are right, it is a Suzuki and not a Yamaha. My bad. :bonk: Kawasaki is claiming to have a faster bike in their new 1400 CC, but it is geared differently, in order for the front end to not leave the ground so easily. As was explained to me at the Kawasaki dealership, "You can smoke the tires instead"
Their is a lot of controversy over this video, I am curious about what everyone has to say. I appreciate your insight, and opinions.

Trueser
03-06-2007, 10:00 PM
I may be wrong but I don't think at 100MPH you would see the gaps in the white lines on the road.

Formula Jr
03-06-2007, 10:36 PM
The big 4 decided not to pursue bikes over 197 mph as sold out the door. Even the later Hyabusa's were detuned to 185. A 210 mph Hyabusa is a nice fantasy.

mrfixxall
03-06-2007, 11:17 PM
i think he or she also needs a few more gears:eek!:

ck this out this is my high when im not boating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH4eNzWr9pc&mode=related&search=

FlyingDutchman76
03-06-2007, 11:20 PM
I think the speedometer is in Kilometers, 220km per hour :1.6 = 131.5mph

I believe some of the European market bikes have a 250km limiter
(250km : 1.6 = 156.25mph)

Pismo
03-07-2007, 06:08 AM
It really doesnt look that fast, especially when slowing around 100 look at the lines. I have no frame of reference for 200mph but I do for 80, 100 etc and that is where it looks slower but who knows? I though of the kph vs mph thing but the inner ring of digits on the speedo looks higher (hard to see) so therefore the kilo gauge and the outer is mph. The video is awesome either way and I am very glad it was posted.

Rootsy
03-07-2007, 06:26 AM
it;s a KPH speedo... geez don't be so friggin rude to the guy he was only trying to be nice to all of you pent-up yankees who don't own ice skates...

this doesn't "look" fast either but if you ever wondered what the positive side of 70 in a 16 looks like here you go... BTW, i think Goatee thought it was "fast" FWIW...

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n27/jaroot13/th_Root16donzistclair.jpg (http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n27/jaroot13/?action=view&current=Root16donzistclair.flv)

chappy
03-07-2007, 06:56 AM
For anyone who hasn't seen it, go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSxFF9CEApY, Rootsy's 16 video run is where I get my adrenaline rush from.:pimp:
Rich

Just Say N20
03-07-2007, 07:30 AM
Sorry Rootsy, but the speedo has MPH around the outer ring, and kph around the inner ring. I couldn't "print screen" and capture the video, so this is a digital picture of the screen. It has lost some resolution, but you can still see what I mean. 70 mph outside = almost 110 kph inside, etc. This doesn't mean the speedo is accurate, but we are looking at mph.

Rootsy
03-07-2007, 07:38 AM
Sorry Rootsy, but the speedo has MPH around the outer ring, and kph around the inner ring. I couldn't "print screen" and capture the video, so this is a digital picture of the screen. It has lost some resolution, but you can still see what I mean. 70 mph outside = almost 110 kph inside, etc. This doesn't mean the speedo is accurate, but we are looking at mph.

i am blind, i admit it... :yes:

TheFees
03-07-2007, 08:54 AM
it;s a KPH speedo... geez don't be so friggin rude to the guy he was only trying to be nice to all of you pent-up yankees who don't own ice skates...
this doesn't "look" fast either but if you ever wondered what the positive side of 70 in a 16 looks like here you go... BTW, i think Goatee thought it was "fast" FWIW...
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n27/jaroot13/th_Root16donzistclair.jpg (http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n27/jaroot13/?action=view&current=Root16donzistclair.flv)
Great Video,
Hey when I saw the line attached to the front cleat on the bow, I envisioned holding onto it, standing up at full throttle, with the other hand on the wheel, and straddling dead center with a each leg pressing against the front edge of the seat, riding a wild bronco yelling yahoo. :propeller:
Great post, and thanks for throwing me the life line. Am enjoying everybody's posts. This is great.

DonCig
03-07-2007, 08:58 AM
Rootsy, thanks! I needed that.

DonCig

d1mbu1b
03-07-2007, 09:06 AM
I drag race my yamaha R1. it is marginally slower thanthe hyabusu.
My R1 w/ me riding does the quarter in 10.25 at 132 mph
the top speed on my bike is about 170 or so.
the busa does it at just a hair under 10 s w/ a professional driver.
its top speed is about 190 or so, if you have enough road.

I think the rear end gear was changed, thats why the speedo reads high.
you can ride a wheelie through all 6 gears but you need to be pretty much stright up and down for the higher gears.

he sets down shifting from 3rd to 4th at the indicated 130.
you should have heard a screach the same as when an airplane touches down.
The front wheel actually starts spinning backward and leaves a skid mark when you set down.

Also, he shifted from 1st to second gear at an indicated 80 mph
they should shift at 50-60 wide open.

All in all, still pretty fast and fun.
I would say my first quarter mile smile is on par with the first time i got the 22 airborne.

BigGrizzly
03-07-2007, 09:10 AM
Actually the original ones did run the low 200. As a retired pro road racer I have seen a lot of unbelievable stuff. My old street bike the original Honda Hurricane 1000 was clocked at the old Texas World speedway at 172 along with 4 others that were being tested by Honda. You wouldn't believe how many mags said they could not do it. I was there and it was verified by some of Texas's finest. IUs the vidio true the speedos get really flakey above 150. Check the gearing and the tire diameter and tack and I beleive above 200 is possible but 220 is questionable.

d1mbu1b
03-07-2007, 09:23 AM
Forgot to mention...
My bike red lines at 12 grand
His tack probably has orange and red lines that both look red in the video.

His shift points at 9000 and 9500 are probably short shifts to maintain the wheelie. Basically when the nose gets to high and you you dont want
to get out of the throttle, and you dont want to flip over, you short shift it.

The rest of the time he shifts at over 10 grand, which is still probably well under red line.

Anything over 3rd gear you dont have enough HP to shift and keep pulling the wheel up thats why you have to bring the nose up untill you start to teeter, then shift while your balanced.
This way you dont need additional power to
pull you back up.

If you feel your starting to loose it over backwards you need to get on the rear brake to bring the nose back over.
Although I never try to do this on purpose, it is fun when it happens.

Rootsy
03-07-2007, 09:43 AM
more winter blues cure????

Rootsy
03-07-2007, 09:52 AM
how about Roadtrip just before he receives a bath... after leaving his fingerprints engrained in the grab rail :wink: OH and the mighty El Pesc of Ole Red

Rootsy
03-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Flyby's are cool... especially when Sam is doing them....

Rootsy
03-07-2007, 10:01 AM
MADCOW's takin a shortcut...

Rootsy
03-07-2007, 10:04 AM
here is a cleaner version from in cockpit of the 16... That is DougL and "Ole Yeller" off the starboard side... crank up the volume and play her full screen :D

Rootsy
03-07-2007, 10:21 AM
one more.... @ Browns...

zelatore
03-07-2007, 10:38 AM
I'm a little late to post this, but the snowmobile vid was the coolest winter toy I've seen in ... ever. Great- now I want ANOTHER toy in the garage!

Don

pmreed
03-07-2007, 10:41 AM
For an adrenalin rush and just plain fun, I recommend watching "The World's Fastest Indian", a true story about Burt Monroe, a Kiwi Bonneville world record holder on what started out life as a 1920 Indian. That facts are tweaked a little here and there, but it's great fun and Anthony Hopkins was obviously having fun when he filmed it. It's been playing on a couple of my satellite channels.

Phil

Cuda
03-07-2007, 11:01 AM
This video will help shake off some snow. It's my Formula taken last spring.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4827696774749998736

Cuda
03-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Here's Wayne in his World's Fastest Ragazza up at Porkey's in '05.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1229184946363192986

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4743542766175152822

BUIZILLA
03-07-2007, 11:07 AM
about 2 years ago I had to attend a Comedy Club Traffic School....

in this class was a young buck that got a ticket on SR710, Beeline Hwy in WPB.....

he was riding a turbo 'Busa

he brought the ticket to class for proof....

he was arrested BTW, at the time...

he had his girlfriend as a passenger...

I think the ticket was either for 183, or 188 mph, on radar...

he said it went way past 200 solo...

there is a group of local 'Busa riders here that race every Sunday morning on US27, between I-75 and South Bay, if you can't run 180++, don't bother showing up they say, and I believe them 100%....

:eek!:

gcarter
03-07-2007, 11:43 AM
I've never been on a bike at more than 100 MPH.....nor do I intend to.
Those days are past.
But, is there an issue of aerodynamics in riding at the speeds we're talking about?
Ya see streamliners like "the Worlds Fastest Indian" and many others where speeds of 200 plus are attained and VERY careful attention is paid to every detail. Isn't there even a chance of being blown off the bike?
I know I wouldn't like that!

peregrine
03-07-2007, 12:26 PM
Well to clear up all the misinformation for you...That is Superkaos's bike. It is unrestricted and heavily boosted. I think at 17lbs of boost he has 350-400hp at the rear wheel on a 500lb bike, so you figure it out. If the gearing was changed it would be higher, the gearing, so he would actually be traveling faster than what it said. Those speedos are way off after 150mph, like upto 10% either way. I think he has run 210-220 on GPS with that bike. I don't remember details since I haven't seen that video since 2002. He is in FL running those speeds. Lots of running room. As a regular visitor of those speeds it looks accurate to me. The speed could be 20mph slower than stated, but it does move that fast. Dave Owens runs a 240hp naturally aspirated Hayabusa at Maxton mile at 220mph That is a standing mile, gentlemen. These bikes basically crush everything after 150mph because they are the most aerodynamic bikes made, period! Noone comes close. I hope all that info cleared things up.

NOW, WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TAKE ME ON A RIDE WITH THEIR DONZI SO I CAN KNOW WHAT AIRBORNE FEELS LIKE AND THEN I WILL KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE BIKE AND THE DONZI!

ChromeGorilla
03-07-2007, 08:18 PM
My favorite busa video......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChjiQbN2s8Q

ChromeGorilla
03-07-2007, 08:21 PM
A flash back to my stupidity on 2 wheels.....
:bonk:
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34927&highlight=hyabusa

Tony
03-07-2007, 08:56 PM
Chrome...great Moody Blues lyrics, takes me back a few years to my college days!

:beer:

peregrine
03-07-2007, 09:06 PM
A flash back to my stupidity on 2 wheels.....
:bonk:
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34927&highlight=hyabusa
I can't believe you stopped. I never would have. I guess we all have different ideas about what is crazy and what isn't. I could tell you a few crazy stories, but you guys don't know me well enough yet. Let's just say Crown Vic's can't catch Liter Bikes!

ChromeGorilla
03-08-2007, 05:13 AM
Chrome...great Moody Blues lyrics, takes me back a few years to my college days!
:beer:

One of my favorite songs right there....

pmreed
03-08-2007, 08:01 AM
My '66 Kawasaki 250 SS would run 105 on a looong straight-a-way. That's the fastest I've been on a bike.

Phil

BigGrizzly
03-08-2007, 09:26 AM
JR who gave you that bunk about not making bikes over 197mph. I worked for American Honda Corporation and we never agreed to that. Once a long time ago we did allude to not making a V twin with the other companies than Yamaha broke out and did it less than a 6 month later, which caused a great amount of law suits and import tarries on Japan produced big bikes. At that point no more meetings were ever held on multi corporate agreement. If we decide to limit horse power(speed) it would be our own decision or a government mandate, and not a multi corporate decision. You can't trust the other guy! BTW and I don't care if someone printed that in some motorcycle rag. We are worried about fleet economy and emissions averages than who can go 200 mph. Emission controls and fuel economy are here to stay, and we are going to be the leaders and that is a fact!

peregrine
03-08-2007, 06:47 PM
That bunk? The European Union said it would no longer import any bikes that would exceed 300 kmh, 185-6 mph! My restricted 2002 Hayabusa would stop pulling when the speedo said 185mph. The bikes were restricted by timing in 1-3 and restricted to 10,500rpm in 5th and 10,000rpm in 6th. The bike had 12,500 at redline. My buddies 2000 pulled right to that redline in 6th and mine wouldn't. That is why Ivan's Performance in NY invented the TRE to trick the ECU into thinking it was in 4th gear and we could use all the power we wanted. Honda stopped competing after the Blackbird XX (SR-71), hence the Hayabusa aka the Peregrine Falcon. (Japanese translation for Hayabusa, the Falcon can dive at speeds in excess of 200mph)
I am just saying....
...there is some truth to what he said....
...damn conspiracy.......
won't let me ride faster.....the MAN keeping me down!

Pismo
03-08-2007, 06:58 PM
My favorite busa video......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChjiQbN2s8Q

That video is great and looks a lot more legit. At 100-110 on the speedo the lines are wizzzing by unlike the first where they are not moving so fast. Both are great.

BigGrizzly
03-08-2007, 07:09 PM
We know about the union, however that isn't all the manufactures getting together and making the decisions. Like I said the suzie can break 200. We didn't stop competing because it is the deep pocket theory. Honda gets sued. We even got a suit from a Yamaha owner of an atv because he said we gave Yamaha the idea, how bad is that. As I said we are in a different race.

ChromeGorilla
03-08-2007, 08:34 PM
perigrine... 2 things you can take staright to the bank round here are...no doubt....

1. When Buizilla is talking diesels
2. Big Grizz talking about motorcycles.......

Done deal... these cats been there and got the tshirt to boot.....

Magicallbill
03-09-2007, 01:27 AM
I'll ask along with G.Carter..
How can anyone stay in the seat at 200..Or 170 for that matter?..Trees are blown down in hurricanes with less wind than that..

Oh, Rootsy..Did you get my paint info on Jason's thread? All typed out for you.

RedDog
03-09-2007, 06:15 AM
How can anyone stay in the seat at 200..Or 170 for that matter?..Trees are blown down in hurricanes with less wind than that..

I can't answer but at 150 on an early model ('84 or 3?) Katana my full helmet visor would smash my nose sideways

peregrine
03-09-2007, 08:13 AM
BigGrizzly.....yes the EU was the reason for the restriction, not any agreement between the manufacturers. I wasn't disputing that. I was simply stating the top speed war was diminshed by something. Honda was in the game at one point and then went another direction. The Suzuki guys always claimed they couldn't keep up. I just assumed because the market niche was too small. 600's and liter bikes are the only ones racing, why put that much R&D into something that doesn't appeal to a mass market. Suzuki is the only one who has done it and they only did it once. This is evidenced in Sport Rider's wind tunnel test of the Busa, GSXR1000, ZX14 and ZX10. The Busa is still king in aerodynamics.

peregrine
03-09-2007, 08:20 AM
The wind flows over you as you are tucked into the bike. Sit on a Busa and then a liter bike. The Busa, you sit down in the bike and the liter bike you sit on top of it. The main reason for the difference is that on the liter bike you need to weight the front end for better cornering as the Busa wasn't designed to be the best handling bike flicking back and forth. Just more stable at higher speeds. After 145 mph is when the aerodynamics start to come into play in a big way. Guys cut the foam out of their seats so the can get lower in the bike. Pull your elbows in, rest your chin on the tank (or close to it), and wear tightly fitting clothes. There will be little wind resistance on you compared to being on a bike with no fairing. Trees are like a kite comparitively. See the difference.....if not ask more specific ?'s. I can answer for you.

Sofa King
03-09-2007, 08:45 AM
Iffin only i was 200 lbs. lighter I would get me a zx-10 track bike, but since I'm not I must wait for a 1400 busa.

Sofa King
03-09-2007, 08:47 AM
A zx-10 is like a thong on me...

peregrine
03-09-2007, 09:24 AM
Iffin only i was 200 lbs. lighter I would get me a zx-10 track bike, but since I'm not I must wait for a 1400 busa.
200 lbs? My god! I am 100lbs over at 6feet 285lbs. I currently have a ZX-9. Your best bet is to get a used Busa and slap a turbo on it. 5lbs will net you well over 200whp. That will cost you 10-11k. 5-6 for the Busa and 4-5 for the turbo. Dead reliable, and plenty to haul us kids in the fat kid club*.

*disclaimer.....to be in the fat kid club, you must be fat and bald or at least beginning to bald!

Magicallbill
03-10-2007, 04:48 AM
Peregrine;
Thanks;
I certainly wasn't doubting anyones word or experiences..
I figured it was an aerodynamic thing.
I had a Plymouth GTX with a 440 back in the day, and I never got near the speeds in that that you all are reaching with the BIkes.

...And I was surrounded by the car......

I would lose my mind to go that fast on a Bike..

zimm17
03-10-2007, 07:48 AM
That bike looks like it's really geared low hence the quick shifts and apparent inflated speedo. If you drop a couple teeth off the front sprocket it'll to that. Also, the dashed line appears solid over 150mph- I know, my bike GPS's 160.

'Busa's are stupid fast though with those turbo or big bore kits...

Sofa King
03-10-2007, 09:08 AM
In Round Rock TEXAS right next to Austin we have a great iffin not the bestest in the country Busa mechanic... Johnny Cheese.
You know the zx-10 is as quick as a busa iffin one can ride and I believe as fast, stock. Both bikes limit at the high 180's unless things changed in the last couple of years.

peregrine
03-11-2007, 07:57 AM
Yeah aerodynamics are huge. My truck's gas milaeage drops drastically if I go from 60-80mph cruise speed. They have a new wind tunnel now that is fairly cheap and they are finding interesting things out about vehicles. I think it was in Hot Rod last month.

Sofa, I remember Johnny Cheese from the Busa boards. If my memory serves me correct my buddy bought some bar risers from him? I really haven't been in the Busa forums since 2003. There was a lot of banter there from posers, so it was frustrating to listen to crap that simply wasn't true. The downside to the net.

Sagbay32
03-11-2007, 08:52 AM
Ghostrider...... hands down craziest high speed vids on the web.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6687335550758361683
Mike

Sofa King
03-11-2007, 08:52 AM
I miss the friendly banter :(
I really want the new 1400, should be out for 08, but you have a good idea with the turbo. I've seen a few here in A town at bike night. I couldn't believe how many are sprayed, lots have a little bottle on back.

BigGrizzly
03-11-2007, 09:09 AM
Let me put an end to this. After being a professional Road Racer for 40 years and owning the only motorcycle that Qualified for the Daytona 200 10 years ina row. When it comes to top speed aerodynamics play a large part but horse power and torque play the main role. You don't see any 50cc bikes breaking 200 mph. In 1978 at a Texas Mike Baldwin crashed his factory Yahama TZ750 and broke some big pieces of his faring. We took it off and his top speed dropped from 187 down to 183. hardly monumental. As for acceleration, was hardly affected until over 150. What was affected the most was handling. This is one of many real life test on high HP motorcycles. That Suzi has big time HP make no mistake about that!

Sofa King
03-11-2007, 10:46 AM
I liked "The Worlds Fastest Ingine"

peregrine
03-11-2007, 07:33 PM
Grizz, I am confused. This may only pertain to speeds above 150mph, but HP isn't that great on the Suzi. 160hp at the tire if you are lucky, stock. It weighs 578lbs dry. How do you explain the 199mph that some people got the stockers to go. Then consider it takes 240 mph to push that bike (lowered to better the aero's) to 220 mph at the Maxton mile with Lee Shierts riding it. A 150lb little guy. The Bud bike with 450hp only went 258? at best on the salts. I was also told that it's aerodynamic limits were 300mph no matter how much HP you threw at it. They say the force is so strong at the upper speeds that the rear tire starts to spin because of the brick wall called wind that the bike pushes against. How many unfaired bikes get to go that fast?
So how can you say it is more HP than aerodynamics? Did I read your post wrong? Just curious.....
Sofa....Man.......that Busa1400 has been rumored FOR how many years now?
1)Don't waste your time waiting
2)When it does come out I am gonna buy a used 1300 because they will be even cheaper.
3)Turbo's, big bore's, N2O make that bike have more HP than you can handle
4)They can't improve on the aero's so buy a used one and concentrate on putting on the important to you aftermarket parts.
5)Do what I do, try and loose the weight. GMD computrack told me that after 300lbs the bike simply can't handle the weight and it starts to adversely affect the handling. (This is when I had them spring the bike for me, I am at 291lbs and going down. I sprung the bike for 220-260lbs. The wife and I are at weightwatchers now and I lost 3lbs this week without starving myself)

BigGrizzly
03-12-2007, 04:13 PM
I was wondering when someone was going to bring the salt flats into the picture. I have been there 3 times and have never attained the speeds that I have on certain tracks. 28 years ago we did set a record just to have it broken 30 minuets later. As for speed I am talking, not 6 second thrill stuff. If you don't think 160 HP at the real wheels is a lot then we can just stop discussing this now! What kind of torque is there? You read the post right just you don't understand the meaning of what was said. I said that aerodynamics didn't play the main role and that horsepower plays the bigger part. If I remember Mikes bike only had 134HP. From a professional point of view our road racers are far more slippery than that Suszi. I have been in my old race bike at 186, And I can honest tell you it doesn't have any way near 160HP at the rear wheel. What I can tell you is the torque is almost the same as the HP. Again I don't see any 50 cc biles at 200mph. Your personal physical body area is also holding you back as well as your form behind the faring. Do you have any Idea how much the factories spend training riders the proper posture on a race bike. I don't need to hear about the Bud bike or what Terry Vance or Byron Hinze said or did. I knes when they worked for Russ Collins hundred years ago. I am just stating in layman's terms, We can push a brick at over 200mph if it has enough Horse Power. I'm not arguing with you I just don't agree about your statement of aerodynamics and the Suszi. If you want to street race that and do 200mph on the street. when some guy pulls into your lane from under a bridge you go splat. Get your self a set of leathers and loose some weight and go to a real race track and see and experience what I am talking about. Instead of assuming everything you read is consistent with your application.BTW I have lost several friends doing wheelies or just showing off. In my opinion it takes a lot more skill to do a road race course then doing a wheelie with a ton of power. Remember this thing started because JR made the statement about the companies agreeing to limit the speed. Than you jumped in what the EU governing body said.

Diesel Dog
03-12-2007, 07:44 PM
[SIZE="3"]This is what I use to break a ton every chance I get!/SIZE]

peregrine
03-12-2007, 07:51 PM
Grizz, your right. Thanks for the info.

Formula Jr
03-12-2007, 09:51 PM
This was about a cool video. So......
Thanks for the mid-winter rush. :)

Speed-Racer
03-18-2007, 09:17 AM
This was the place I'd thought I'd ever see that video....The video is at least 3 years old and it is a Susuki Hyabusa. I have another clip of the bike in video you see right as he starts out which is a TURBO Hyabusa!...:eek!: