PDA

View Full Version : MarineClean Introduction.......

marineclean
03-03-2007, 01:11 PM
Hello all,

I noticed that some members on OSO were referring to the Donzi Registry, so I thought I might come over.

My name is Donnie and I have an addiction!:boat:
I feel boats all day, everyday.:yes:

Some of you guys I've met already and some of you don't know me from Adam yet. My wife and I own Marine Clean at Lake Ouachita here in Arkansas. We live on the lake and detail most of the Houseboats, High Performance, Ski Boats and Pontoons. I do my best on OSO at answering detailing questions and letting everyone know what works for us. I do like promoting my product line, but I might also tell you to use a 3M product. I use what works best for the job!

After our adventure at the Miami Boat Show with Donzi, I want to be in the Registry and do what I can to help. Please don't hesitate to post up or PM me if you need anything. Here's a couple of pics of the wife and I putting some polish on during Miami.

Also, Great looking board Scot. I'm sure will see each other this year at a Southern event. LOL

marineclean
03-03-2007, 01:14 PM
Couple more with the Donzi boyz at Mango's

marineclean
03-03-2007, 01:22 PM
Also, I didn't want anyone to think I'm trying to promote my business before talking with Scot. You should hopefully see a banner up within the next few weeks. I think we all must help support our forums and keep them going.

Thanks, Donnie

ATLDONZI
03-03-2007, 01:50 PM
Welcome to the registry.... Donnie's Leverage works awsome!

Donzi LG
03-03-2007, 04:15 PM
I have an order of Leverage coming from Fred at Trick, can't wait to try it out!

John

yeller
03-03-2007, 05:29 PM
Welcome Donnie,
I've heard nothing but good about your product.

I asked a ? on your website but never got a response. My main reason for using a product is for UV protection. My boat is yellow. That color and red are probably the worst for chalking. Going to put you on the spot. Do you feel your product has superior UV protection and what proof do you have? Any lab test?

marineclean
03-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Hi Glen,

I've had a couple of people tell me they had problems receiving mail, so I'm copying what I tried to send you. :)

Yes, my UV protection lasts as long as the polish. The polymer blend that makes my polish what it is, has my UV inhibitors built into my molecules. My UV protection will be there as long as the polish is slick. If the polish is not slick then it is breaking down and it is time for another coat. My polish is somewhat different from everyone elses, so I will try to explain it in its most commonly known examples. Almost every polish on the market contains Carnauba. When you take Carnauba or even the most second used ingredient by everyone else, Petrolem Distillates, you cannot create them to contain UV protection within themselves. My blend of polymers is made in the lab with a special combination to make the molecule, as where other waxes/polishes add them to their blend. Carnauba is a natural ingredient, but it has to be filtered just like Petroleum Distillates in order for it to be used in the cleaning world. By creating a molecule(polymer)you are in charge of its makeup. So, in short, molecules will break down as a whole molecule and an added UV protection ingredient, like everyone else uses, might break down at anytime. My Leverage polish is a(molecule)polymer blend that I created and everything else I have seen on the market is either a polymer blend with added carnauba and petroleum distillates or just a carnauba and petroleum distillate blend. I will not knock Carnauba for use on your vehicle, but you do not want to put it on your fiberglass. The yellowing, hazing and cracking that you see on boats is caused by sealing the fiberglass with Carnauba(yellow or white)and not allowing it to breathe. As far as the lasting effects of my polish, all of my research and experiences are my own. My wife and I have tested our products for years and we have closely monitored the effects. I've been working on my polish for over four years and I have now just introduced it into the market.

May I ask a few questions? How old is your boat, what make, covered slip, gel/clear, fresh or salt water? We help customers everyday and made a commitment many years ago to be at the top of our game. I would like to help you maintain your boat and give it the best possible finish it can have.

BTW, We are getting 1 year with Fresh water kept in a covered slip. Roughly 6-7 months in Salt water or uncovered slip with no special in between washes or chemicals. You only need fresh water and a towel.

Thanks, Donnie

yeller
03-03-2007, 07:49 PM
May I ask a few questions? How old is your boat, what make, covered slip, gel/clear, fresh or salt water? It's about 3yrs old, but the gel has faded quite a bit already (and that's up North in the cooler sun). It'd need a good wet sand to get it back, but I don't want to put in all that effort just to have it chalk up again. Boat sees a mixture of salt/fresh and is always stored under cover.

Tony
03-03-2007, 09:07 PM
Welcome to the board, Donnie.
My red hulled '96 22' classic has recently been wet-sanded and polished, and will recieve your Leverage product first thing this spring. I, like Yeller and probably many others, am hoping for UV protection to prevent future oxidation. Initial results will posted early this summer...

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22955&d=1155154093

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22954&d=1155154093

:beer:

marineclean
03-03-2007, 09:29 PM
It's about 3yrs old, but the gel has faded quite a bit already (and that's up North in the cooler sun). It'd need a good wet sand to get it back, but I don't want to put in all that effort just to have it chalk up again. Boat sees a mixture of salt/fresh and is always stored under cover.

Yeller,

As long as your gel is fine, a good wet sand is the best place to start. I know it's work, but it will remove all of the oxidation and give you a clean slate to apply Leverage. If your are getting a mixture of salt/fresh then I imagine you are trailering around a bit. I would recommend reapplying every six months and only rinse with fresh water after use then wipe with a clean terry cloth towel. For a 22, you should get four applications out of one bottle.

I need to get this up for everyone.

MICROFIBER WARNING:
DO NOT use Microfiber to clean any sealed or painted surface. This includes boats, furniture, floors, vehicles or painted walls. Microfiber is made from nearly 85% polyester, which is plastic. Plastic scratches and repeated use on a surface will eventually scratch the sealant off of the surface and cause swirl marks.

I see other detail guys and individuals using it all the time, so I do my best to keep everyone informed. Please, only use clean terry cloth towels on your surfaces.

marineclean
03-03-2007, 09:30 PM
Welcome to the board, Donnie.
My red hulled '96 22' classic has recently been wet-sanded and polished, and will recieve your Leverage product first thing this spring. I, like Yeller and probably many others, am hoping for UV protection to prevent future oxidation. Initial results will posted early this summer...
http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22955&d=1155154093
http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22954&d=1155154093
:beer:

She looks great Tony! Thanks for the Welcome.

undertaker
03-04-2007, 08:53 AM
Welcome to the board.....What do you think about RACE GLAZE....just curious....:) I thought micro fiber towels would never scratch the surface that was one of the advantages of using them compared to terry cloth towels. I have a good friend that has been in the auto detailing business for 20 yrs plus and that is all he uses for polish or wax removal....aren't there better quality micro fibers?

I like to try different polishes and will be purchasing some of your products in the next couple of weeks.

Undertaker:pimp:

BigGrizzly
03-04-2007, 10:29 AM
Marine clean, welcome, I may call. I am not going to buy another boat. I am keeping my Criterion and my Corsican. The Criterion is the concern at the moment, it is all white gel with a blue painted stripe. I am willing to try almost anything before painting or gel coating. The hull still shines just not enough. Ill explain when I call. BTW I saw both you and the wife work at the show, and she works hard, good luck with the product.

marineclean
03-04-2007, 12:06 PM
Welcome to the board.....What do you think about RACE GLAZE....just curious....:) I thought micro fiber towels would never scratch the surface that was one of the advantages of using them compared to terry cloth towels. I have a good friend that has been in the auto detailing business for 20 yrs plus and that is all he uses for polish or wax removal....aren't there better quality micro fibers?
I like to try different polishes and will be purchasing some of your products in the next couple of weeks.
Undertaker:pimp:

Hi Undertaker,

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes, there are different qualities of microfiber, but you still have to wash them. It is the repeated use of microfiber that will get you. We, as like everyone should be doing, wash our towels after each use. Microfiber will break down fairly quickly and then the polyester will continue to harden. We've never had any problems with terry cloth. IMO, I personally only use terry cloth because it is safe and you can reuse it with no problems.

In regards to Race Glaze;
Please realize that I'm not here bash anyone, but educate.
Race Glaze is formulated for clear coated metal surfaces. It was created for your car. It is a polyurethane/acrylic blend that is not made for your fiberglass. It's almost equivilant to putting carnauba on your fiberglass, but worse. Polyurethane seals your fiberglass not allowing it to breathe. It also does not dissapate like carnauba, so it will stay on even longer. You will see a shine when you first apply it, but then your boat might look like yeller's bow:wink: (no pun intended) within a year. His bow is a direct result of the product. It is not his fault, it was whoever marketed their product, claiming it worked on fiberglass. His boat is only three years old and should look like brand new. Also remember, you need different ingredients for different jobs. Petroleum Distillates work great as a stripper, but you don't want to leave it on the surface. That's why you use Finess-it or my Oxidation remover for problem areas and then follow up with my polish.

Hope this gives some insight.
Thanks, Donnie

undertaker
03-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the reply.....well said:) :) . I always use terry cloth towels to remove my polish but I started to use microfiber towels to wipe the boat down after a day on the water. I am gonna give your polish a try, thanks again for the reply. :) :)

Undertaker:propeller

undertaker
03-04-2007, 01:35 PM
Was one tricks web site and was looking at your product, the pics show a spray top on it. Do you just spray on wipe off?

Undertaker:)

marineclean
03-04-2007, 02:17 PM
Was one tricks web site and was looking at your product, the pics show a spray top on it. Do you just spray on wipe off?
Undertaker:)

Fred's picture on his website is kind of a generic. My polish is a spray bottle, so his pic isn't that bad off. Yes, spray on and wipe off, but spray it on your folded terry cloth towel and then wipe it off with your other towel.

Directions:
Make sure boat is 100% dry, but it dosen't have to be clean.
Use 2 terry cloth towels. 1 for applying, 1 for hand buffing/removing.
Fold towel and spray light coat onto towel(7-9 squirts)
Wipe onto boat working 10-15ft sections
Allow to dry, usually 2-4 minutes depending on humidity
Use second towel to remove and that's it.

As with any polish, it is best applied in a shaded area and you do not need to rub hard at all.

No 'special' in between wash solutions or chemicals needed. Just fresh water and a clean terry cloth towel.

Unless your boat is extremely dirty, you will only need two towels to do the entire boat. You will notice by the time your are finished with one side, the applying towel will be wet enough with Leverage that you should only need minimal spraying to finish the other side.

We only used an 1/8 of a bottle to do Rub Rail up on the Donzi 38 Comp.

Donnie

Here's a rough pic.

undertaker
03-04-2007, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the info will give your polish a try in the spring...:) :)

Undertaker:cool:

marineclean
03-08-2007, 09:48 AM
Wanted you guys to see some of my 'hands on' experiences. This was Monday-Wednesday.18x92 Sharpe, 25 Baja, 21 Malibu and all of my employees are still in school.:eek!:
Thursday-Saturday are (2) 16x72 Sumersets.

florida gator
03-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Got mine in last week. Hope to try the oxidation remover and polish this weekend.

Another question, just bought a Scarab Sport and it still shines nice. Should I apply the Leverage over the existing wax or use teh oxidation remover first?

marineclean
03-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Got mine in last week. Hope to try the oxidation remover and polish this weekend.
Another question, just bought a Scarab Sport and it still shines nice. Should I apply the Leverage over the existing wax or use teh oxidation remover first?

How old? Any imperfections?

BigGrizzly
03-09-2007, 08:07 PM
ALdonzi came over yeaterday, and all i can say is great. This is the first time I saw a cleaner boat than Tomahawk. the stuff is slick, no pun, it is slipery. I am going to get me some.

florida gator
03-11-2007, 07:37 AM
Boat is a 96. As far as imperfections, couple of chips and cracks in corners on inside. Boat looks like new at first glance. I get compliments every time I go anywhere.

RedDog
03-11-2007, 09:44 AM
I just ordered a bottle from Trick - looking forward to the results

marineclean
03-11-2007, 05:31 PM
Boat is a 96. As far as imperfections, couple of chips and cracks in corners on inside. Boat looks like new at first glance. I get compliments every time I go anywhere.

Hey Gator,

You should be fine with just the Polish. If you need anything you can PM or email me.

Thanks, Donnie