PDA

View Full Version : anybody familier with these boats?

zelatore
03-03-2007, 11:37 AM
I'm looking pretty hard for a 22 classic, and these two are in the running. I'm wondering if anybody on the board is familier with them since I'm on the other side of the country and can't easily drop by to check them out.

Any input - good, bad, or other - would be appreciated.

PM me with your thoughts - I'd rather not talk about another board member's boat in a public forum.

OR- feel free to recomend any other 22's you might know of for sale!!

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37072
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43805

Thanks!

Don

zelatore
03-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Nobody's seen these boats or has an opinion?

Come on, help a brother out!

Don

RickSE
03-05-2007, 01:30 PM
The Testarossa boats are fairly rare. I thought the production only lasted a few years but looks like it went until at least 93'. From what I know 88's were built pretty well. Also, irt your other post, you shouldn't have to repaint the deck on the silver striped boat. You should be able to remove the stripe off the deck and retain the original red gelcoat.

zelatore
03-05-2007, 01:42 PM
I don't know if they are orriginal Testarossas or not - I assume so, but I don't see that adding any value. In the bike world, we'd call that BNG - Bold New Graphics. Mechanically, everything's the same. They just give it a spiffy paint job to make it stand out.

If they're rare, how come it seems that's the only boats I'm finding for sale? I've got leads on 3 all red 22s, but none in my prefered color: yellow!

I thought about removing the stripe, but I'd expect the gellcoat to show a pretty big shadow. I did something similar when I pulled a buch of tape stripes off my Carver (an 89 model). Fortuantly, I was able to cover the worst of it with updated stripes. Since this stirpe runs right down the center of the deck I figured I'd have to reshoot the whole deck.

Don

BigGrizzly
03-05-2007, 05:40 PM
I know Greg K's boat it runs strong and he takes good care of his stuff. He never spared any expense on it.

DonCig
03-05-2007, 06:16 PM
I would say that they are both nice 22's.
If cost is an issue buy the first one, if cost is not an issue but the second one.
In both cases get a surveyor to look them over if you are not trained to properly evaluate them.

Now pull the trigger!

Don