PDA

View Full Version : heat exchangers

zelatore
03-03-2007, 10:44 AM
Anybody have a use for a couple new in the box heat exchangers?

I recently moved offices and we're still getting organized. I found two boxes with band new heat exchangers in them. From what I can gather, they were for a project one of my predecosors took on but never finished. I believe they were to retro-fit a pair of raw water cooled 7.4 Volvos in one of our Carvers with fresh water cooling. I suspect they are from about 2000. No make or model that I can see, just black round heat exchangers sittin' on the shelf.

I realize this board isn't the best market for these things but I thought I'd offer them up here first.

Price? I don't know - make me an offer!

Don

rustnrot
03-03-2007, 10:56 AM
Pics or dimensions?

zelatore
03-03-2007, 12:38 PM
They're still sitting at the office - I'll measure them when I get back monday and try to get some pics as well.

Don

MOP
03-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Are they the "L" shapred ones? Also post a price.

Phil

zelatore
03-03-2007, 07:24 PM
Not L shaped; basic log shaped heat exchanger. Similar to the top two photos here:
http://i-netmarine.com/he/Heat_Exchanger_Crusader_454_502_BB_Chevy.htm

Approximatly 5 or 6" in diameter and 20" long. I didn't have a tape or camera handy when I found them Friday. Like I said, I'll measure them and get some photos when I get back to work Monday.

And don't worry about the prices on i-net above - I wouldn't expect anything like that. If I can find a comp for a new unit (once I've got the details sorted out a bit more) I'd probably let them go for 1/2 the new cost + shipping.

FWIW, they are black, which makes me think Merc, but since we almost never deal with Merc, I suspect it's more likely they were for a Volvo. Carver's really in bed with Volvo due to the Merc-Brunswick connection. I haven't seen a Merc powered Carver in I don't know how long.

I suspect they are aftermarket anyway.

Don

zelatore
03-05-2007, 01:13 PM
Diminsions are 20" long by 4" diameter.

I've taken some pics, now I just have to find the cable so I can download them from the camera. Around this office, that could take months! :bonk:

Don

zelatore
03-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Pics of the heat exchangers-

Let me know if there are any questions.

zelatore
03-08-2007, 10:29 AM
One sold, one left. How about $150 + shipping?
Weight is about 24 lbs, shipping from 94607 via UPS. You can estimate the shipping cost at ups.com

Don

TXDONZI
06-15-2007, 08:15 PM
Do you still have the one unit?