PDA

View Full Version : Package from NO

p729lws
03-02-2007, 09:00 PM
:cool!:

Barry Eller
03-03-2007, 10:19 AM
Nice box....

Is it at Johnny's or your work warehouse?

:confused:

p729lws
03-04-2007, 02:22 PM
Hey Barry,

Motor's still at the whore house. Johnny should pick it up Monday. I took the top off the crate to get a few shots but it's wrapped up pretty good. Hopefully I'll be back in town to take a few photos before Johnny has it back in the 22. I'm sitting in Detroit with a plate of corned beef and cabage with a double side of Jamesons right now. Might have a few photos for the fishing section on Monday. Don't know why I left Pensacola because it's damn cold up here.

Dan

Barry Eller
03-05-2007, 07:30 AM
I love corned beef and cabbage...however it does give me gas...

Call me when you get home.

p729lws
03-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Here are a couple photos out of the box. This motor started out a a crate LS6 and has been worked over a few times before I got it. The 22 it came out of changed hands a couple times since the last motor work was done so other than a handfull of receipts I didn't know too much about it or how many hours were on it. The motor never idled as well as an EFI motor should and last summer I lost about 400 rpm and also picked up a light knock so I decided to ship it off to Precision Marine in New Orleans to have them go through it. We think the lost rpm was due to weak / floating springs and the knock was from some worn timing components. They did a full rebuild, upgraded the cam and repogramed the computer. My local guy is still cleaning up a couple accessories that we reused but it should be back in the 22 and on the water next weekend :crossfing

Dan

Barry Eller
03-11-2007, 07:21 AM
Looks great Dan! As that Chef in New Orleans says, "That should kick it up a notch"! BAM!

Let me know when you are going to splash. I owe you the same courtesy you gave me as chase boat on the first run. That's what friends are for...

I'm so ready for SUMMER!!! Lets RUMBLE!!!:yippie:

GeneS
03-16-2007, 07:15 PM
Dan,

Since your wife doesn't allow you go faster than 50mph why don't you let me put that in my 16 and I'll give you the 4.3l V6 for your 22????

GeneS

p729lws
03-18-2007, 05:40 PM
Dan,
Since your wife doesn't allow you go faster than 50mph why don't you let me put that in my 16 and I'll give you the 4.3l V6 for your 22????
GeneS

Gene,
Thanks for the offer, but the wife's not one for sitting at the dock so I better stick with a motor that runs. Maybe DavidO will let you borrow the motor out of his garage queen X-18 if he's not going to run it again this year.
Dan

apollo24
04-02-2007, 05:11 PM
So when are the Pcola boys coming down to Destin to run a little? I have a cute 42 Executioner sitting right here in front of me, and I am getting the bug to go burn some fuel this wknd. Hope to have the X boat back from MS on Wednesday night so I can get my Donzi bug back :) Y'all didn't miss much at the FW boat show- I sold two out of 8 total for us (last year we sold 50 boats at the show), and am still trying to get dried off.

-B

Barry Eller
04-02-2007, 07:24 PM
So when are the Pcola boys coming down to Destin to run a little?
-B

Hey Ben

So your official now! I don't know about the Pensacola boys. Dan and I are Breezers. I'm pulling my 502 later in the week. Camshaft got beat up, long story. I hope to be running again in a few weeks. Dan is running and dialing in DTP. Where did you decide to live FWB or Destin?

We'll meet up soon.

Barry

p729lws
04-03-2007, 08:05 AM
Hey Ben, good to see your settled in. That's a nice sales floor at Legendary. I'm up for a Destin run. Have you figured your way around over there yet?

The motors back in and DTP is hanging from the eyes again. I want to get a few more hours on the motor before we go WOT and trimmed up but it's looking like the 26P prop isn't going to work any longer. I might be in BigGrizzly's neck of the woods toward the end of the month so I'll see if he's available for some prop testing once my plans are finalized.

Dan

apollo24
04-03-2007, 04:27 PM
Hey guys----

Yep, settled in here. Sold a 25' and a 27' to Gulf Breezers over the wknd- they happen to attend the same church. I love your area- wish I could live there and commute, but then I'd spend too much time blowing up motors with youuuuse guys. The real estate market here is way overbuilt but still a deep-pocketed buyers market. I am living in Niceville right now. Easy commute.

If the girlfriend comes down when she is done with her horspital rotation, we may end up between Gulf Breeze and Destin, so she can work your way. That may require a ring, though. Uggghh.

I am always off on Sundays; if you guys will pick a wknd, we can meet up somewhere. I figure I can get get over there in the X in about an hour and a half via ICW..? Oh, just found out I can keep my stuff in our indoor boat barn (world's largest) for free. I was starting to sweat the storage fees here.

-BBM

Barry Eller
04-03-2007, 04:45 PM
If the girlfriend comes down when she is done with her horspital rotation, we may end up between Gulf Breeze and Destin, so she can work your way. That may require a ring, though. Uggghh.

-BBM

Nothing wrong with a ring...

Marriage is such a great institution...I've done it 3 times!

We'll meet up some Sunday soon. I'm off work Sundays and Tuesdays.

BSE