PDA

View Full Version : Boat and Trailer Parking in Key West?

fegettes
03-01-2007, 02:47 PM
I have a couple of friends coming down for the first weekend of April and wanted to go down to Key West with the boat for at least one night they are here. I started looking at prices for a Monday night and found some rates to call on. Some of the Hotels inidicated there was an auto parking fee. When I inquired about parking the boat, they all said, "NO", as in "BOAT AND TRAILER PARKING" were not allowed on their premises. This is included the three, four, and five star hotels. I was not prepared for this response, after all, spending as much as $400 for the night and you can not even park the boat and trailer over night in their parking lot, and a Monday night at that.
Are there any suggestions out there were to park the boat and trailer over night in Key West, preferably a Hotel that would allow parking?
Steve

Lenny
03-02-2007, 02:34 AM
K-Mart parking lot... at night

:)

Magicallbill
03-02-2007, 03:29 AM
This problem is not just in the Keys; It's all over the State. I don't think they cater to trailer-boaters as much as vacationers who choose to stay in hotels or Condo's with just their car.
Anyway, the Holiday Inns at Key Largo and Marathon allow boat&trailer parking on their premisis as long as you purchase a room for overnite. I know, we have stayed there the last couple of winter breaks that we took.
That may not be an option for you 'cause of the distance to Key West.
Good luck.

MB.

BUIZILLA
03-02-2007, 08:41 AM
Right on Roosevelt Ave there is a public ramp with adequate parking, right in the Bight harbor adjacent to the charter boat docks, I wouldn't leave it unhooked overnight there, but if you parked it in a marked space, and left it hooked to the truck, I don't see where that would be an issue, that way you just show up and launch, since your traveling companions probably have transportation anyways...

JH

Johntrip
03-02-2007, 10:33 AM
Problem with Key West is their is little to no room for parking anywhere....
especially near Duval street where all the happenin hotels are. I had a friend with a house where I would stay and park my truck and boat in their front yard overnight but had the cops come out and tell me I was breaking a city ordinance by having my vessel in the front yard so I had to move it to the public ramp that Jim is talking about and left it there overnight hooked to my truck. Since then I've done it a dozen times with no problems but I have an alarm on my truck and I use a hub lock on my trailer... Good Luck.

P.S. That public ramp is the best ramp to use down there and it works out better to station your boat there because the streets are real tight and trailering through the busy areas is a pain in the ass anyway..!!

fegettes
03-05-2007, 06:14 AM
Thanks for the response.

It is sad that I can not keep my "stuff", the boat, where I will be staying. I will just have to carry extra chain and locks for my peace of mind since I will have to park the boat else where.