PDA

View Full Version : 1968 19' St. Tropez & tandem trailer

ALLAN BROWN
03-01-2007, 10:05 AM
This is an all original St. Tropez. The hull appears to be in great shape. It will buff out near new. The boat has obviously been in 'the barn' most all its life, until recently. The Volvo small block and drive are supposed to be usable. There is a raised portion of the floor (not standard) that is rotten. A couple of small hatches are missing. The tandem trailer is excellent and original. I'll know more next week. I am going to try it this weekend. (I hope). 3/14/07 I am preparing to list on Ebay for an opening bid of $5000, No reserve. I would much rather someone here got it.

BUIZILLA
03-01-2007, 10:27 AM
lenny !!!!!

ALLAN BROWN
03-05-2007, 08:18 AM
Here is the update. I took it home on Saturday. Ripped out the add-on forward floor, and found a fuel tank. Obviousy a repacement for the original. All that is gone, now. Put in a small outboard tank with fresh gas, and the engine fired right up, using the built in flushing system. It is a 350 Chevy/Volvo witha 600 Holley and a Hi-rise manifold. The only bad is a noisy circulating pump. The drive shifts and steers OK. I removed the upholstery and wrapped it for patterns later. The stringers seem OK. One forward hatch is missing, two aft hatches are missing. The main floor is solid, the hatches are very soft. The small foredeck is soft in the way of the bowrail. I am extemely happy with the hull. We will compound it Tuesday, and pressure wash the interior. The tandem trailer is great.

If one of you aficianados wants it, I will listen to a reasonable offer. At 71 1/2 years, I think my bilge diving days are over............

realbold
03-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Dredgeking was looking for one of these last fall, haven't heard from him in ages.

Tank
03-07-2007, 07:53 AM
HI Looks good?
I have two??
One can I see do you have photos of engine compartment?
And can I see close up of the bottom at the front trailer roller? Looks like the trailer has rubbed on the bottom.
Now to see about shipping to NJ
If any one can help I would appreciate it.
Tanks
Tank

ALLAN BROWN
03-07-2007, 08:02 AM
I'll do that tonight, and post. Quote for NJ freight, $1600. Send me an email address, and I will send a bunch of pix.

Brownie

Tank
03-07-2007, 08:29 AM
Thanks
One more thing do you have a title for the boat?
My email is bcf@nac.net
Tank

ALLAN BROWN
03-07-2007, 10:13 AM
Hi, Tank,
I have the Florida title in hand. The last owner had it since 1993.

AB

Lenny
03-07-2007, 08:20 PM
lenny !!!!!

:rolleyes: later VOLVO 280/290 I see.

Jim, I have sooo many headaches right now,... :rolleyes:

...ya know though,... aahhhh :no, :banghead:

ALLAN BROWN
03-08-2007, 07:32 AM
Some of the pix I took last night for Tank

BUIZILLA
03-08-2007, 07:46 AM
Brownie.... not to hijack your thread.... but back in 70-74ish time frame a VERY close family to ours had a St. Tropez with twin inline 6 Merc's, (125's maybe?) red/white hull, red/white peppermint seating, with a bench seat across the back, engines on transom very close together with a splash well, owner was Asa B. Groves, Jr., out of South Miami, stored at CRYC, he bought it from someone directly (?) associated with Donzi (Red Farmer maybe?). I spent a LOT of time on this boat, and I always thought it was neat as hell, i've never EVER seen another one like it, maybe one of one? can you shed any memory on this??

thanx, Jim

ALLAN BROWN
03-08-2007, 07:54 AM
Never saw that one. Roy Farmer's boat was 'Happy Bottom' named for his wife, Gladass (get it?). There was one outboard also.

BUIZILLA
03-08-2007, 07:59 AM
There was one outboard also. this HAS to be it, if I ever run into my friend Tripp Groves again, i'll see if he has any old family pic's of it, what an awesome boat this was.... absolutely one of one..... I don't remember if he bought it new, or it was a year or two old when he got it, but they had it for several years after that...

JH

ALLAN BROWN
03-12-2007, 07:51 AM
If no one makes an offer by Wednesday, I will list on ebay.

ALLAN BROWN
03-14-2007, 12:16 PM
New price, $5000. See post #1.

Tank
03-14-2007, 03:01 PM
HI
Tanks Allan Brown your A good man!
Tank/Brian

ALLAN BROWN
03-14-2007, 03:12 PM
Too late, boys, Tank got it...................

Morgan's Cloud
03-15-2007, 10:37 AM
Welcome to the very select group of St Tropez owners Brian......
Now I have someone else I can compare notes and bit*h with ! :biggrin:

Steve

Tank
03-15-2007, 11:41 AM
Hi Steve and thanks
Any time! I have good ears! and Lots of ???????????
So we can trade!
I am allso good at making things work :wink: so let me Know.
But I can't spell :boggled:
Brian

Tank
05-29-2007, 12:34 PM
Hi all
I got my boat!!!
Tanks Browny your a good man.
PS Now the work beagins:yes:
Tank

Greg Guimond
11-28-2013, 08:35 AM
Brownie.... not to hijack your thread.... but back in 70-74ish time frame a VERY close family to ours had a St. Tropez with twin inline 6 Merc's, (125's maybe?) red/white hull, red/white peppermint seating, with a bench seat across the back, engines on transom very close together with a splash well, owner was Asa B. Groves, Jr., out of South Miami, stored at CRYC, he bought it from someone directly (?) associated with Donzi (Red Farmer maybe?). I spent a LOT of time on this boat, and I always thought it was neat as hell, i've never EVER seen another one like it, maybe one of one? can you shed any memory on this??

thanx, Jim

Never saw that one. Roy Farmer's boat was 'Happy Bottom' named for his wife, Gladass (get it?). There was one outboard also.

this HAS to be it, if I ever run into my friend Tripp Groves again, i'll see if he has any old family pic's of it, what an awesome boat this was.... absolutely one of one..... I don't remember if he bought it new, or it was a year or two old when he got it, but they had it for several years after that...

JH

More O/B one off builds from the Donzi factory ............

BUIZILLA
11-28-2013, 05:31 PM
More O/B one off builds from the Donzi factory ............
Actually, I found out a year or so back that my friends boat started out as an i/o boat and was converted to twin Merc ob's