PDA

View Full Version : Got new exhaust

The Hedgehog
03-01-2007, 05:45 AM
After watching Cuda's install I could not help but buying a set of new Dana's for myself. Got the big Vortex Risers with an EGT bung. I was really tired of looking at the old Merc manifolds! Now I will be able to feel important when I raise the deck.

Last Real Texan
03-01-2007, 07:03 AM
Not to mention beeing able to sleep better at night wondering if you need headers or not..............Do I need them .........Do I not need them.......Do I need them.........Do I not need them........HMMMMMMMMM

Good move!

Tex

BigGrizzly
03-01-2007, 09:46 AM
Good move The stock are need of some BIG help. The merc are the worst I have scene on the Dyno. We have not done Dyno test on the Dana yet, but word is they work pretty well. This is from reliable souses.

Pismo
03-01-2007, 09:49 AM
You put them on the 502 Mag I presume? Any pictures yet? Are they aluminum or steel?

MOP
03-01-2007, 02:50 PM
I like the Dana's, the Votex riser lengthens the tubes a bit plus the do tend to please the eye balls!!!

Phil

The Hedgehog
03-02-2007, 08:50 PM
Will definately post the pics. Yes they are going on the 502 w procharger. I really got them for the bling factor. I am expecting some more midrange torque. I figure that I will do a little better with these and some prop help from Dr Griz.

W Vortex risers they have 27" primaries. That can't hurt. I talked to Marc at Precision about similar setups. They should get along well with round 2 of the engine mods. When it comes time for refresh we are going to turn it up a notch or two!

BigGrizzly
03-03-2007, 08:40 AM
We will get the props here when I get a base line, If I don't already have them in stock. Otherwise we will shoot from the hip! Spring is coming fast, thank God. Moving the dock in today, lake is up another foot. Can't wait, been looking at the boat in the garage toooo long it is getting dehydrated.

LKSD
03-03-2007, 10:23 AM
After watching Cuda's install I could not help but buying a set of new Dana's for myself. Got the big Vortex Risers with an EGT bung. I was really tired of looking at the old Merc manifolds! Now I will be able to feel important when I raise the deck.

You will like the Dana system.. We have been selling a lot of them as well as doing installs.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

The Hedgehog
03-03-2007, 01:12 PM
We will get the props here when I get a base line, If I don't already have them in stock. Otherwise we will shoot from the hip! Spring is coming fast, thank God. Moving the dock in today, lake is up another foot. Can't wait, been looking at the boat in the garage toooo long it is getting dehydrated.

Our lake is higher than I have ever seen it. I may go fire up the Big Green ZX this afternoon for good measure.

Will put on the Dana's and egt. Then after some minor fuel pressure adjustments I would like to get together for re-propping. I have a feeling that Tex will be joining in.

BigGrizzly
03-05-2007, 10:07 AM
Yep we are up another 2 feet, but I making an Oak Dresser for the wife. Too cold and windy today any way. Need to get this done to drive the number of Honey-Do's down.

DAULEY
03-05-2007, 06:46 PM
BIG GREEN ZX
any up dates on your wifes project love to see some pixs

The Hedgehog
03-06-2007, 07:47 AM
BIG GREEN ZX
any up dates on your wifes project love to see some pixs

Should have some pics later this week. We have pics posted of the deck removal. We have reglassed the transom and reinforced the stringers. We also shot the under hull with fresh gel.

Forrest
03-08-2007, 04:19 PM
Our lake is higher than I have ever seen it. . .

Yea, it was sure high. 190.5' above MSL over the weekend. The record is 194' back in '90. Everyone's dock that doesn't float had to have been under water. It was about 187.7' during the last Eufaula event for comparison.

http://water.sam.usace.army.mil/georfc.htm

Still a little too cold for this Florida boy to be boating at Eufaula last weekend.

The Hedgehog
03-08-2007, 04:45 PM
Yea, it was sure high. 190.5' above MSL over the weekend. The record is 194' back in '90. Everyone's dock that doesn't float had to have been under water. It was about 187.7' during the last Eufaula event for comparison.
http://water.sam.usace.army.mil/georfc.htm
Still a little too cold for this Florida boy to be boating at Eufaula last weekend.

Ah yes, was breezy. Had to run down to Appalachichola for some oysters on Sun. Did not take the boat though!

Christina and I are headed out for an afternoon cruise. 70+ degrees works just fine for a Bama guy.