PDA

View Full Version : Serpentine Belt Drives

Eugene Nahemow
02-27-2007, 04:09 PM
One of the last (ha ha) things that I am planning for my 18 Classic is a serpentine belt system for my engine.

Has anyone done this for a small block in a Donzi Classic 18?

If not, I'll be posting the progress soon.

gcarter
02-27-2007, 07:48 PM
I'd like to but I've not found the brackets necessary to get my PS pump and alternator in the same plane!!!:mad:

Mr X
02-27-2007, 08:06 PM
I cant be that hard, Mercury has been doing it for at least the last 10 years.
Why not order them??

DonCig
02-27-2007, 08:12 PM
Eugene, I did mine. I just took the serpentine belt system off of my 1997 350 MAG MPI Gen+ and moved it to my 427 SBC. Works great!

Don

mphatc
03-01-2007, 11:41 AM
If you're doing a Chevy, it's easy with Merc parts

If you're doing a Ford with a Bravo, or converting an old H&M set up . . its a P R O J E C T . & 1/2 !!

It seems that most set ups for serpentine drive belts require a water pump in the conventional location . . .
Look at March Performance for some neat set ups . .

Mario L.

PS
I have just completed engineering the set up for my 302 Ford / Bravo set up with closed loop cooling . . if someone wants the details, let me know.

Eugene Nahemow
03-01-2007, 04:32 PM
If you're doing a Chevy, it's easy with Merc parts
If you're doing a Ford with a Bravo, or converting an old H&M set up . . its a P R O J E C T . & 1/2 !!
It seems that most set ups for serpentine drive belts require a water pump in the conventional location . . .
Look at March Performance for some neat set ups . .
Mario L.
PS
I have just completed engineering the set up for my 302 Ford / Bravo set up with closed loop cooling . . if someone wants the details, let me know.
It's a Chevy. The March products are what I had in mind for the set-up.
I am getting a blank small block to start the mock-up of the pulley system.

DonCig
03-01-2007, 07:33 PM
Eugene, I went to SEMA and looked at the MARCH setups and others. I did not find anything that would work easily other than the Merc. set up.
MARCH build products for cars and cars do not use seawater pumps.

Don

Eugene Nahemow
03-01-2007, 11:51 PM
Just as with everthing I touch, there is not an easy way for me to build what I ultimately want.
Soo, that is why we are mocking up an engine. I will machine the brackets and pulleys out of billet.
If it was easy I would just try and find a way to make it more difficult!:bonk: