PDA

View Full Version : 20' Cig, teak deck stripe

Tony
02-24-2007, 10:27 PM
yellow '74 on ebay...project, no engine (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110096021740&fromMakeTrack=true)

:beer:

MOP
02-24-2007, 11:06 PM
Sweet but notice what is sitting off to the side, a V drive!!!!!

Check sellers other items!

Phil

big bore
02-25-2007, 01:39 PM
if anybody whants info on this boat let me know i sold this boat a year ago

Pismo
02-25-2007, 03:01 PM
Wow! Nice boat, lots of work tho. Interior looks pretty good. Need to strip out the engine box, paint, and rerig. Would be great when done tho. Is that a wooden deck stripe?

Air Dog
02-25-2007, 08:25 PM
if anybody whants info on this boat let me know i sold this boat a year ago

Hi Big Bore,

Which boat are you referring to the Cig or the Donzi?

I would love to know how the Cig 20 performed as I have a 1972 Cig 20 that has no engine and I can't decide what to put in it.

I would love to drop a big block (425hp), but I like the flat hatch in the back and figure only a small block will fit under it.

Thanks.

big bore
02-25-2007, 09:17 PM
hi
the 20cig it had a wore out motor when i had it but if you would like a 454 and keep the flat hatch go to http://www.theengineshop.com/products.html they make a 454 sbc real neat

DAULEY
02-26-2007, 07:40 AM
was the boat solid stringers ect and did you paint it

kjly63
02-26-2007, 09:15 AM
Hi Big Bore,
Which boat are you referring to the Cig or the Donzi?
I would love to know how the Cig 20 performed as I have a 1972 Cig 20 that has no engine and I can't decide what to put in it.
I would love to drop a big block (425hp), but I like the flat hatch in the back and figure only a small block will fit under it.
Thanks.
Airdog

I also have a '72 Cig 20 ft. Do you have a hull ID for yours? Mine did not and have yet to find another '72 until now. I believe there were only 3 made that 1st yr.

Also, the flat hatch IMO is a better look.

Ken

Brian Becker
02-26-2007, 11:47 AM
listed the boat twice Going to redo myself Think a 454 with alum heads would be different My friend bought the 20 sutphen that the cig motor went to Hes going a different route and offering it to me It has a 290 vp that is stronger than the 270 on the cig Plus a new motor I,ll be boating this year!!Figure it would be cheaper to buy a cig done than to redo mine ....Time wise Its close to reserve now

kjly63
02-28-2007, 06:24 PM
Airdog,

What can you tell me about your '72:) :) I
know its probably away for the winter; but if you have a hull ID.........please tell:yes:

thanks,
Ken

Air Dog
03-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Airdog,
What can you tell me about your '72:) :) I
know its probably away for the winter; but if you have a hull ID.........please tell:yes:
thanks,
Ken

Hi Ken,

My Cig looks exactly like yours, except I have a fairing instead of a windshield. I do have a hull number, but it was never stamped in the hull. That did not start until 73 or 74.

I was able to track down the original owner of my boat. He bought it new in 72 and he was the one that told me that only three were made that year.

Apparently my boat was sold to someone on the graet lakes and then it came to Massachusetts in the 90's and then to me.

It has a all newly rebuilt Bravo II drive, and 280s K-planes. Hull is red and white, but prepped for paint. Currently it has no engine.

I want to put a big block in her (425hp), but would rather have the flat hatch so it looks like it will be a small block.

How fast does yours go with the small block?

kjly63
03-13-2007, 08:34 AM
Airdog,

hull ID # ??? I've been trying since I bought mine to determine its build date. The NY Colleseum boat show was held in December at the time. It would have been Dec '71 before the other boat shows in the beginning of '72.

Mine was sold and is registered as a 19 ft for 1972. I have no original build sheet or bill of sale. I did buy it from the original owner who is not in the least interested in the boats history as I am.

Any info you could provide would be apprciated.

thanks,
Ken

Air Dog
03-13-2007, 08:08 PM
What numbers do you have on your registration?

My boat is title in Massachusetts.

kjly63
03-14-2007, 01:47 PM
:confused: my numbers on my NY registration don't make any sense and don't appear anywhere.

Ken

If you don't want to post it............could you send it in a pm???

thanks,
Ken

CaseyF
03-21-2007, 05:42 PM
Airdog
I also have a '72 Cig 20 ft. Do you have a hull ID for yours? Mine did not and have yet to find another '72 until now. I believe there were only 3 made that 1st yr.
Also, the flat hatch IMO is a better look.
Ken

Ken-

We have '72 20' Cig...in fact, it's album #5 next to you on cigarette20.com. 'Matchless'. I have been following the chats on HIN numbers, and will be going out this weekend to the summer house where the boat's in storage. I'll take a peak, but to the best of my memory, I've never noticed any inlay on the transom. I'll also look at the reg/title pipers.

I really love the concept of the cigarette20.com site. Unfortunately for me, the creator was very clever in collecting pics and it's a bit embarrassing to see the boat looking so dirty in the album, having sat for the winter (with the exception of the pic I uploaded of the boat running)

Casey

seano
03-22-2007, 01:02 AM
Casey, the boat looks great...

I was looking for a project 20 for myself for about 3 years and collected photos of them from all over the internet...which led to me creating cigarette20.com.

Glad you like the site...and if you want to see embarassing, have a look at album #15... that one is mine... :)

Air Dog
03-22-2007, 12:22 PM
Hi Sean,

I have been flying a lot so have not been playing on the internet.

As for the HIN, I will have to dig up the paperwork.

Here is what I know.

In 1972, HIN's were not required so you won't ever find them on a hull until 1973 or 1974.

As for the numbers themselves, they used less numbers than today and prior to the requirement of stamping the hull.

I have a Cig number, but when my boat was registered in Massachusetts, they said that it did not have enough numbers so Mass created a new generic one to go with the title that was longer.

Last time I tried to decifer it with someone who could understand them, I was told that most likely I have hull number 1, but who knows.

The original owner also stated that most likely this was true.

As for the restoration, I friggin ran out of money. :frown:

The boat is tucked away in storage until I can do it right.

In the meantime I am going to play with the scarab I just picked up.

Air Dog
03-22-2007, 12:26 PM
Ken-
We have '72 20' Cig...in fact, it's album #5 next to you on cigarette20.com. 'Matchless'.
Casey

I just realized something.

Looks like we found the original three Cig 20's!

Ken, Casey and I all have 1972 Cigs and only three were made that first year.

:)

LKSD
03-24-2007, 05:18 PM
We have a customer that brought in a 1974 20 cg for a complete custom resto. It is an expensive endevour, but will be awesome when done.. He is stongly thinking of having us drop in a 500 hp aluminum Mpi custom small block w/Bravo.. This boat should be absolutely wild. You gotta love the lines too, its a neat fit between an 18 & 22c.. I think thier new ones that Phil L @ Lipship did would be easier to swallow if they didnt have a 100K price tag.. Even so they are a really cool boat! I see they are also using a B3 drive on some of them.. Jamie / Lakeside

penbroke
03-27-2007, 02:54 PM
The yellow boat that was the original subject of this thread just appeared in a driveway up the road... :eek:

Frank :wrench:

Air Dog
03-28-2007, 07:14 PM
Ken-
We have '72 20' Cig...in fact, it's album #5 next to you on cigarette20.com. 'Matchless'. I have been following the chats on HIN numbers, and will be going out this weekend to the summer house where the boat's in storage. I'll take a peak, but to the best of my memory, I've never noticed any inlay on the transom. I'll also look at the reg/title pipers.
Casey

kjly63 and Casey,

Well I just compared my HIN numbers to Casey's and there are only (2) digits that are different.

Not sure how to read the old numbers as the standard format for decifering them did not come out until after 1972.

Anybody got any ideas?

:bonk:

Air Dog
03-28-2007, 07:18 PM
Based on our HIN numbers, my understanding is this.

Caseys boat is a 1972 Cig 20 built on June 6, 1972.

My boat is a 1972 Cig 20 built on February 4, 1972

Kljy63's boat is a 1972 Cig 20 built ????????

:cool: