PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Volvo 280 Outdrive

problemchild
02-23-2007, 02:53 PM
I took my original outdrive in to get serviced, and long story short, all the gears were shot. since the gears are kind of expensive, I've been looking for another used one. If anybody has an volo 280 they would like to sell, or has one on an old boat I could buy and seperate from, Please send me an e-mail, I am located Just south of Rochester NY, and would be able to pick up anywhere between here and the 1000 islands/adirondack region.
Thanks for your Time
-Alex, Firerocket@aol.com

Tony
02-23-2007, 06:48 PM
Alex, this place has more old Volvo parts than you can shake a stick at!

French Creek Marina...Clayton, NY (http://frenchcreekmarina.com/)

You may pay a bit more than taking a chance on an unknown used unit, but at least you know what you're getting. Or, he's probably got just the gears if you want to go that route. If you're ever near the area it's worth taking a look at all the crap this guy has, it is really something if you're a Volvo guy.

Here's another thought...trade your 280 in for a refurbished 290DPT (duo-prop w/ trim). I always thought that would be a great outdrive upgrade for an older Donzi, especially one with power to spare. The holeshot with a 290 DP in a 16 or 18 would be head-snapping!

:beer:

problemchild
02-26-2007, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the advice, I'll check with French Creek.

The newer model outdrive is another good idea, but I think I would like to stay with a 280, as I do have the Trim option already, (the original owner had it put on) and would like to stay with an older style drive.

Thanks again,
Alex

gcarter
02-26-2007, 02:20 PM
FWIW, there's always a lot of them for sale on eBay.

EWPE
02-26-2007, 09:52 PM
I have one you can have for free if you are willing to drive to South Jersey to get it.

problemchild
02-27-2007, 11:46 AM
Great!
What condition is it
and do you have any pictures?

-Problem Child
PS. if you want, E-Mail me: Firerocket61@aol.com

EWPE
03-03-2007, 12:41 PM
I emailed you my phone number .Please give me a call to talk about details.