PDA

View Full Version : well I must say i love my DONZI!!!!

ATLDONZI
02-22-2007, 05:23 PM
But not as much as my fiance. well today was the first day of 70 degree weather here in Georgia at lake Lanier. Thank God! For the last few weeks I have been trying to figure out how to pop "The Question" to my now fiance. Well i dawned on me that we love boating so what would be greater than figuring out a way to use the boat in my plan. So it went down like this, She was at the Gym so i had to act fast, I dewinterized the donzi and headed for publix. went by the fish counter and bought a single clam, had them steam it clean it and give me the shell.. then i grabbed some champane from the liquor store and some krazy glue... off to the ramp to splash the donzi. so i launch the boat and pull the rig into a spot. i took the ring and put it into the clam shell and glued it shut. so i put it into my pocket and take the boat over to a marina to have lunch with here dad to ask for his blessing. ate lunch and called her ...her dad gave his blessings and left she met me there and brough my dog jackson. so jackson marie and i always go to this little island to let him run rampant around. So armed with my clam i chase my dog around for a bit, and i asked her to grab my flip flops. she goes to the beached boat and my dog and i run around to the other side out of site. i got his attention and took a dog biscuit and the clam and burried them at the waters edge... natuarlly he digs.. she comes over and is wondering what he is digging for. i throw a stick he hauls butt after it and i say what is that looking at the clam, she gives a perplexed look and says" i think its a clam.... so i said lets open it and take it from her grab my pocket knife and drop it so i get on one knee and open it and she is wondering why i am opening a clam....then BAM i open it and propose and she about fainted and was so excited she could barley get the word yes out of her mouth before she tackled me and hugged me.... so i thought i would share this wonderful day with donzi lovers. :cool!:

rustnrot
02-22-2007, 05:36 PM
WOW, Congratulations!!! Dude, you need to produce your own reality TV show or something.......!!

Carl C
02-22-2007, 06:26 PM
Congratulations:yes:

need for speed
02-22-2007, 07:12 PM
Congratulations

Barry Eller
02-22-2007, 08:17 PM
Do clams make Pearls or Diamonds?
Great story, ya' done good boy! You two will remember the moment for ever.
Congratulations.:beer:
Marriage is a great institution. I like it so much I've done it 3 times.:bonk:
Third time was the "Charm" for me!:yes:

Formula Jr
02-22-2007, 08:29 PM
Thank You for the story. That was very Sweet! Me thinks she got a Keeper.

:wink:

Cuda
02-22-2007, 08:53 PM
Great idea! She'll be able to tell that story the rest of her life.:cool:

SideshowRob
02-22-2007, 09:00 PM
Awesome! I love originality. Soon I will have to come up with my own original way....... I say soon as in the next couple years.

yeller
02-22-2007, 10:17 PM
Great story and congrats! Despite what I tell my friends :wink: getting married was the best thing I've ever done.

f_inscreenname
02-22-2007, 10:42 PM
Pretty cool! Better then proposing at Costco. :boggled:

Magicallbill
02-23-2007, 01:50 AM
After playing and performing live for 25+ years now, I've listened to my share of "On-Stage Proposals."
Guy and gal come to the hall to see our band, he asks beforehand if he can ask her over the mic,for all to hear.
I'm all for Love, but putting her on the spot in front of 200 or more patrons is kind of unfair, in my opinion. I guess if it's a formality, and he knows for a fact she'll say yes, then it doesn't matter, maybe.
However, what if there's just a little doubt, or uncertainty, or if he's rushing things a little by asking prematurely...What's she gonna do??Say "No" and embarrass the guy she cares about in front of a joint full of people??
Heck no..She'll say "yes" and then back out later, if she's not sure..
That's why I like the "Clam Idea" that we just read.. Original, and PRIVATE..
Things like proposals should just involve the participants.
ATLDONZI..Good luck to you..Life can be really good, eh??

glashole
02-23-2007, 11:14 AM
its guys like you who make the rest of us look bad :wink:

Last Tango
02-23-2007, 11:15 AM
AWESOME and creative proposal. Nicely done. Congratulations.

CHACHI
02-23-2007, 11:57 AM
before she tackled me and hugged me.... ....................and..........

Ken

TBroccoli
02-26-2007, 11:42 AM
Best thing about it all is that she will never want to get rid of the boat. boat equals great memory.

BigGrizzly
02-26-2007, 11:55 AM
I though I was good but you put me to shame. You did GREAT. We need to get together with the other Donzi ites on the lake.

ATLDONZI
02-26-2007, 01:14 PM
thank you everyone... grizzly i would love to meet some other donzi owners on the lake.. i am typically on the south end... during the weekend and explore the entire lake on weekdays.

BigGrizzly
02-27-2007, 08:56 AM
I live in the north lake area. I live in Taylor creek my dock number is 595, it is a double slip Wahoo aluminum dock with a top deck and two Hydrohoyst units in it. Taylor creek is up by War Hill park. I am in a cove. Coming up Taylor creek it looks like it ends but it does not, stay to the right and there is a little 100 foot wide entrance with about 20 foot depth, drive through and we are about 10 docks up next to a red rusty dilapidated dock. Home phone is 706-216-8194 cell is 770-318-1136. Come anytime except during Cumberland or Lake George rallys because I will be there. We have several great Donzi-ites on the lake, like Flying Dutchman, Sweet 16, TMdog to name a few. We are of all ages but all young at heart and truly love our boats. I too am looking forward to meeting you also.