PDA

View Full Version : 2" Shorty

undertaker
02-22-2007, 12:27 PM
Is this a good price for a shortie...just curious:) :)

Undertaker:boggled:

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/page-14793.html

undertaker
02-22-2007, 12:29 PM
How about this one.....:propeller

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/page-14791.html

ITTLFLI
02-22-2007, 12:55 PM
These ones in Cincinnati are already sold :bonk: :wink:

ThunderMarineDave
02-22-2007, 01:03 PM
I think the best deal I have seen on IMCO lower units is purchasing the unit unassembled (comes with driveshaft) and several places will assemble with your Bravo propshaft and bearing carrier etc for a total of under $2500.

I am in the market for this same part - if you find a better deal, please advise.

-David
THUNDER MARINE
800-984-3098

Pismo
02-22-2007, 01:30 PM
What do you guys do about water pickup after switching to a shortie like these? Do they have pickups in the bullet?

RedDog
02-22-2007, 01:55 PM
scroll down - http://www.imcomarine.com/pages/sterndrives.html

undertaker
02-22-2007, 02:16 PM
These ones in Cincinnati are already sold :bonk: :wink:

Damn just when I was going to pull the trigger on one of them:) :) :)

Undertaker:pimp:

undertaker
02-22-2007, 02:19 PM
scroll down - http://www.imcomarine.com/pages/sterndrives.html

So I am assuming anything $3000 or less is GOOD especially if new or slightly used, since the IMCO web site has pricing from 3650 to 3850.....:) :)

ITTLFLI
02-22-2007, 03:55 PM
Damn just when I was going to pull the trigger on one of them:) :) :)

Yep!! Me to!! I saw them Sunday and thought...and thought ...and thought i better not!! Jill was out of town last night so i was browsing the classifieds and thought why the heck not??!! So i called barry and they had all sold within hours of him posting them!!

I REALLY don't need/want one anyways:) :convertib

DonCig
02-22-2007, 04:04 PM
I REALLY don't need/want one anyways:) :convertib
The bidding can now start on my IMCO 2" shorty. I will sell it to the best offer! Get bidding. I also have a 2" spacer plus shaft for sale. This will allow you to switch back and forth as needed.
I bought it new 2 years ago and it has about 20 hours use. Absolutely perfect condition with NO scratches or nicks.
It has the standard 1" output prop shaft so you can keep your props and not have to buy a new one.
Send me PM's with your offer. Rootsy, I am sorry but it is time for it to go.
If someone wants to trade me an XR or a new Bravo 1 lower, I would be interested.
I will post pictures tonight. Lower is currently bolted on to my Bravo drive located at LOTO Missouri. It could take me up to 2 weeks to ship once sold.
Don

undertaker
02-22-2007, 04:35 PM
mmm you got me thinkin.....:boggled: :boggled: :yes: :yes:

ChromeGorilla
02-22-2007, 09:29 PM
Dont think..... You were ready to buy the other ones..... make him an offer

**** or get of the pot Undertaker.....:toiletpap :yes: :wink: :D

DonCig
02-22-2007, 10:17 PM
OK, since I have received no offers; New Game.

The first one to send me $2,800 is the new owner.
or
Buy the whole existing drive so that I can buy a new 1:65 or 1:50 XR. You also get the 2" IMCO spacer in this deal.
Price $3995.00 plus shipping.

The drive is a Bravo with 1:65 stock gears. Came new on my boat in 1997. Same unit that is in the picture.
And I will pay the shipping and insurance!

Don

Mr X
02-23-2007, 04:44 AM
Don,
I have a lower for trading. Call me.

undertaker
02-23-2007, 07:44 AM
Dont think..... You were ready to buy the other ones..... make him an offer
**** or get of the pot Undertaker.....:toiletpap :yes: :wink: :D

:boggled: :bonk: :boggled: :bonk: wife might kill me....honey I just bought new exhaust new exhaust tips and now.......... a shortie...you did what:bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Guess I will get off the pot now:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

zimm17
02-23-2007, 02:34 PM
Oh I wish I had the funds. I still have to do the new throttle, heads up trim indicators and full hyd steering. THEN the shortie goes on. Maybe next year.

DonCig
02-26-2007, 08:35 PM
OK, a lot of cheap Whiskey talk, but only two real offers.
1. The first has my respect for moving realy fast and squeezing the deal.
2. The second has my respect for offering full price.
Neither one of these two made any Whiskey offers.
So here is the deal, the drive and shorty are no longer for sale.
The first two people who made an offer get to use it for shipping cost only to see if they like it; and then it goes back into my inventory for the next straight shooter.

Don

Got Palmetto or Mesquite?

RickSE
02-26-2007, 09:49 PM
So how high up do you guys think we can go with the X-Dim? Since my X is already up 1" what would happen if I went up 2 more inches with a 2" shortie, total of 3"? It would be fun to try.

Don, I got your message but have been tied up with family visiting since last week. They're finally gone so I'll try calling you tomorrow.

BigGrizzly
02-27-2007, 09:09 AM
Rick, try it no one really knows on your boat. I do know that prop selection is going to be critical on a 3 inch rise from personal experience on several different boats both V and Cats. Forget the stock Marage+ on that application.

Pismo
02-27-2007, 09:43 AM
The Donzi engineer who designed the Shelby said about 1.5" would be perfect on a 22 classic.

LKSD
02-28-2007, 10:32 AM
Ed.. I will talk with ya this afternoon with some #'s .. :) Jamie / Lakeside

DonCig
03-06-2007, 07:59 AM
Can a Shorty do this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUX347RsFGg&mode=related&search=

BigGrizzly
03-06-2007, 08:58 AM
Yep!

DonCig
03-07-2007, 08:47 AM
For those of you that are interested in performance lowers and nose cones. Here is an interesting discussion that merits thought. I would agree with Wette Vette at OSO that if your boat likes much in the way of positive drive trim angles, you may be better off with a rounded lower case design versus one of the pointy units from IMCO or the Bravo Shop. Again, actual testing is better than armchair quarterbacking. And since most of our boats will not break 80 mph; even more merit to this thread.

Don

WETTE VETTE 02-07-2003, 03:08 PM
If your boat likes a lot of trim go with something that is more rounded than pointed. The pointed cones work well with relatively level drive angles, while the rounded type are better for boats that need trim to run good. I think the Hydromotive cones will be the best bet for your type of application. I remember when I got my SS drive from IMCO they offered it with and without a nose cone. Now they only offer it with a cone. They were thinking that since my boat was small and liked trim the non coned version may be better because of the trim angle. To bad we never tried it out. With the current drive the VETTE handles very well in the 95 MPH plus range on calm water of course. One interesting thing I noticed about my boat is as I increase speed the water pressure goes up. When I am fully trimmed out the water pressure actually drops about 5 PSI. If I tap the trim down 1 tap the pressure comes back up and If I over trim the pressure will drop 8 to 10 PSI. The pick up is below the bullet of the nose cone and as I trim the water is hitting the top of the cone and creating a void around the water pick up. I filed the hole a little larger and now it keeps good pressure in my operating range, but I can imagine if the bullet was rounded the boat may go faster. What do you guys think?

Madcow
03-11-2007, 01:11 PM
I have a Imco 2" shortie lower for sale. Has about 2 hours on it, bought two for my Sonic, didn't do what I wanted it to do, so I'm puting one on my 18 Donzi and selling the other one. Paid 3500 for it, I'm taking offers. Has low water pick up and looks like brand new.