PDA

View Full Version : Mortgage uestion...

ChromeGorilla
02-21-2007, 09:38 PM
OK.... does anyone have any experiance with VA loans? I got some questions.....

Looking to buy my first house.

vonkamp
02-22-2007, 08:39 AM
It's a good program if you don't have any $$ to put down. They have fees not normally associated with conventional loans. when I got mine 20 yrs ago, I think I paid about $1000 in those fees.

I'm not in the biz, but I know some people (both real estate & mortgage) in the area. if interested, pm me and I'll call ya.

gcarter
02-22-2007, 06:27 PM
Scott, I know at your age, it's easy to be impulsive at times, but while a VA loan can be a good thing, it's financing 100% of a house. A couple of years ago, the market was such that it could make sence, now it's so much more volitile. Things could go against you in todays market and you could theorhetically owe more than the house is worth.
But I'm always the cautious one.

ChromeGorilla
02-22-2007, 06:31 PM
Scott, I know at your age, it's easy to be impulsive at times, but while a VA loan can be a good thing, it's financing 100% of a house. A couple of years ago, the market was such that it could make sence, now it's so much more volitile. Things could go against you in todays market and you could theorhetically owe more than the house is worth.
But I'm always the cautious one.

George, I see that after doing some research today. The number of different ways to finance a home is staggering. The whole process is ridiculous IMO. I'm taking it slowly and like to think I make sound decisions..... except the one that involvred fiberglass a few years ago.....:wink: :bonk:

All kidding aside, we're just gonna take it slowly.

need for speed
02-22-2007, 07:08 PM
I just bought my first house 6 months ago.. 30 year fix with 20% down was the best way to do it here in fl..... that way i could be at 6% intrest

ATLDONZI
02-22-2007, 08:10 PM
bought my first house just over a year ago, and did 10 percent down and got around 5 percent for a 30 year fixed.... best advice i can say is see what is out there and what is the best fit for you financally. i shopped around till i found the best rate/deal

Cuda
02-22-2007, 08:56 PM
Scott, call Dominator Scott over on Speedwake. He did my last loan for me. It's a little trickier when you are self employed like I am, but he worked hard for me.

ChromeGorilla
02-22-2007, 09:01 PM
Joe....I forgot about DS as I ahvent been over there in a while....I will...thanks.

Missed ya in Miami brother..... hope all was well in Brunswick.

BUIZILLA
02-22-2007, 09:16 PM
I'm a BIG fan of 15 year notes...... costs a little more each month, but it surte beats paying an extra 15 years, your equity builds much faster too... my house, and lakehouse, are both paid off... more money for toys :wink:

realbold
02-22-2007, 09:28 PM
There is nothing wrong with a VA loan and you dont have to borrow 100% of the sale price. It is similar to a FHA but is only available to veterans. Like any mortgage its best to shop around.

Cuda
02-22-2007, 09:30 PM
I'm a BIG fan of 15 year notes...... costs a little more each month, but it surte beats paying an extra 15 years, your equity builds much faster too... my house, and lakehouse, are both paid off... more money for toys :wink:
I thought about going 15 years on my last mortgage, but I figured I'd be well into my dirt nap 15 years from now.:(

Ed Donnelly
02-23-2007, 09:29 PM
Cuda; You have that power of positive thinking ass backwards..Ed