PDA

View Full Version : 1996 Powerquest 290

dockrocker
02-21-2007, 08:35 PM
1996 PQ 290, 454 LX/EFI's (330hp), Bravo 1's, shorepower, fridge, sink, micro, full camper canvas, pump-out head. I've put less than 20 hours on it the last two years. Professionally maintained. Dual axle Magnum trailer, new brake cylinders all around. Fresh tires. E-mail for more pics, pq290forsale@comcast.net

Priced to move - $38K

dockrocker
05-10-2007, 07:23 PM
ttt - found a new boat, and the price is negotiable...

Bvinc
05-11-2007, 08:46 AM
I know it's a tough question. How would you rate your boat as 1 to 10. Hull & interior

dockrocker
05-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Some add'l details...
I bought the boat in April of 2005. As far as I know, I'm the 3rd owner, and the boat has always been in Michigan (fresh water + short seasons). I've had it professionally maintained by Millennyum Marine (www.millennyummarine.com) and Vicious Marine (www.viciousmarine.com) during the time I've owned it. Last spring I had the drives pulled, engines aligned, all fluids changed, etc. No problems. All of the appliances (fridge, microwave, sink) and accessories work. I believe there are 2 gauges where the lights don't work (the gauges themselves are fine). The motors are Merc 7.4 LX/EFI's, 330 hp each. 420 hours on one, 418 on the other. Both start on the first turn of the key, burn no oil, and run strong. The boat has twin ram tabs, Silent Choice exhaust, SS tie bar on the drives, etc. Mechanically solid as an anvil.
All of the cabin vinyl is perfect; the cockpit vinyl is very good with some wear on the driver's bolster and the seat part of the back bench (from folks stepping on it, I'm sure). No tears, no foam coming out, nothing like that, just a little wear in the stitching (not the vinyl itself). The gel is perfect with no fading. Had it profressionally wheeled out last year. The steering wheel is stained (not sure who thought a *white* leather wheel was a good idea....) but I have a new red/polished Dino wheel from Trick Marine, with a matching billet hub. Just haven't had time to put it on yet - obviously, goes with the boat. Looks like this one: http://www.trickmarine.net/images/productimages/1_DINOREDTRIa.jpg. There is storage under the deck in the cockpit, in both inwales, and under the V-berth and cabin seats, in addition to the hanging locker, glove boxes (2), and locker under the rear bench.
Full camper canvas and bimini, I'm not sure it has ever been used. Looks like it just came from the factory. New battery charger for the shorepower. Has a removable cabin table that also fits in the cockpit. Lay-in carpet with Powerquest embroidery. The trailer is a 1991 dual-axle (axles are rated at 6K each) steel bunk model from Magnum Trailer (www.magnumtrailers.com). New wheel cylinders and master cylinder, almost brand new tires. Tows straight as an arrow, and the boat centers perfectly every time.
The boat is turn-key and go; no deferred maintenance like you might find on other used boats. It is due for water pump impellers this spring (preventative maintenance - the ones in there are 2 seasons old), but other than that, it's good to go.
Exterior - 9 - the gelcoat is as perfect as you'll find on production boat this age.
Interior - 7 - some vinyl wear (as noted above)
Cabin - 8 - about as clean as you'll find.

dockrocker
05-11-2007, 09:50 PM
FWIW - the pictures were taken August 2006, *not* 6 years ago like we've all run into during the boat shopping bingo... :bonk: They accurately represent the boat's condition.

miami14680
06-16-2007, 06:22 PM
1996 PQ 290, 454 LX/EFI's (330hp), Bravo 1's, shorepower, fridge, sink, micro, full camper canvas, pump-out head. I've put less than 20 hours on it the last two years. Professionally maintained. Dual axle Magnum trailer, new brake cylinders all around. Fresh tires. E-mail for more pics, pq290forsale@comcast.net
Priced to move - $38K

Please let me know at bomer18@bellsouth.net

dockrocker
06-19-2007, 09:44 PM
**sold** :d

Walt. H.
06-20-2007, 01:10 AM
ConGrat's Mike!
And just when I was going to give you a phone call to inquire if you still had it because I was getting my wife to sway alittle from not having an inclosed closet for the port-a-potti..
Being that our daughter will be going away to college this year.
OH' Well I snoozed, for tooo long!

Best of luck with your next adventure!
Walt