PDA

View Full Version : 496 Exhaust systems!

LKSD
02-21-2007, 10:10 AM
We have a solution to many of your exhaust needs.

We are distributors of DMP new Flow torque exhaust kits.. They flow very well due to thier long individual runners and specially designed risers. Thier riser system has a vortex built into the collector. This acts like a venturi speeding up the exiting exhaust & by doing so it helps to bring in more air / fuel mixture..

This system blows away most headers on the market!

Unlike a header there are no welds to crack. They also have the capability of flowing better & providing more torque & power on naturally aspirated applications compared to the header systems on the market. However these units will nicley compliment supercharged applications as well & have been run on a few BBC engines exceeding 1000hp. If you have an need for dry or reduced water flow risers or pipes that is available as an option as well..

This system does add HP & torque and can also work with 496 engines equipped with Q&Q systems.. It fits & enhances both 496 Mag & 496 Mag Ho's.. Here are some apxorimate #'s on power & torque after installation. Your actual results may depending on conditions & other options.. 496 Mag Ho: apx 475-478hp & 545-550 tq (NON Mag Ho 420-423hp & 525-535tq)..

These kits bolt in place of your factory manifold & riser. They also make a kit that can work on 454 / 502 & other BBC applications. They are very moderatley priced in comparison to the header systems on the market and

For more information & pricing please give us a call. This very well may be the exhaust system you have been waiting for! We also have many different style tips available as well for your tip needs.. :)

Jamie / Lakeside Restorations 570-639-2628

LKSD
02-28-2007, 02:58 PM
BTW: Premium fuel is not required with the Dana system on an otherwise stock set up. However the independent dyno shop used premium when running it on the dyno, thats why it shows that. You may still run the 87 octane in it.. On a personal note even though that is all merc says is required, I personally try to run 89 in my personal 496 set up. Eventhough I know I dont have to run it in there. There is not much price difference so therefore I spit the difference.. jamie / Lakeside

LKSD
02-28-2007, 03:00 PM
Ok guys here are the Dyno sheets from my rep @ Dana Marine .. They were on an independent facilities' dyno.. Hopefully it will help some of you.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

Click the link below.. :)

Dana 496 Dyno sheets / Flyer (http://www.lakesiderestorations.com/index.jsp?id=140)

LKSD
02-28-2007, 03:02 PM
For those that are curious as to where to measure here is a visual to help you.. Jamie / Lakeside

Keep in mind I believe you will need 1.25 to 1.5" more width than your existing manifolds (not risers). If it close the inner manifolds can be shaved a little over 1/8th but not quite 1/4".. Please take in to consideration the center lift if your boat is equipped..

BUIZILLA
02-28-2007, 03:26 PM
call me skeptical..... that's some pretty aggressive claims

and, i've NEVER met an experienced dyno operator that did hard pulls with 100* oil temp.... you will NOT extract maximum power that way...

LKSD
02-28-2007, 04:50 PM
call me skeptical..... that's some pretty aggressive claims
and, i've NEVER met an experienced dyno operator that did hard pulls with 100* oil temp.... you will NOT extract maximum power that way...

No problem.. Everone is entitled to thier own opinion.. However the power increase is there eventhough the oil temp may be as stated.. That was pulled on an independents dyno not ours.. These were the sheets the manufacturer had, If I ever get the chance to get one on a dyno @ our builders I will be glad to post the sheets as well for a comparison.:)

Btw, How is that Cary of yours coming along?? Did you get a chance to do much with it yet??

Jamie / Lakeside