PDA

View Full Version : Things I learned at the Miami Show

Pismo
02-19-2007, 07:32 AM
Turbo props and stiletto props are the same company. Stiletto is there mass market prop.

The Turbo 1 goes up to 25” pitch then you need to get a Lightning above that in 26” or 27” etc. The guy kept changing what he was saying tho.

The merc guy/merc prop computer recommended Mplus, Bravo I props of course plus the revolution 4 and Maximus (5 blade overkill I would think) props for a 22 Classic with 400ish+hp. Anyon ever try these?

Latham steering is very expensive.

If installing IMCO steering you need to drill and tap two holes in the top cap of the Bravo drive, no thanks. There must be another end cap that could be used to avoid this. Cp Performace.

Zieger steering is good on 22 Classics because they offer a system where the rams can be mounted closest to the drive on the transom (helping with the limited space on the transom). 8.5 inches from center of boat. Donzi is putting Zieger systems on some of the the Shelby boats. There was one at the show for $73k.

The Donzi 27ZR is a nice boat and is around $120-130k with a 525 and CMI switchable exhaust. It would be cheaper to get it with a 496HO, sell that with zero hours and put in a Chief/Teague/etc. 575, 620, or 650, but might hurt you on resale.

The Chief engine guy is very smart and very cool to talk with.

The new Merc racing 1200SC is wild but requires 114 octane fuel and needs to be rebuilt every 100-150hrs like the 1075 and 850.

A #6 drive can be bolted to an NXT transom assembly, therefore keeping the engine more aft.

There is a new Mercury Verado 300hp and a new 350hp V8 5.3L Yamaha outboard (weighs 804lbs!)

Everyone is trying to sell fishing boats now, even Cigarette had two in their display. Scarabs were all fishing boats, no performance boats at their display at all.

The Donzi display was great, what can I say.

More to come and pix. Fun show as always, recommend it to all.

Thoughts, comments, additions welcome.

BUIZILLA
02-19-2007, 08:28 AM
City of Miami Beach WILL issue you a parking ticket 2 hours before yours expires..

Cig open is fugly.... and 200k overpriced... and their in water Captain has zero clue how to put a 4 engine boat inside 1 slip, on numerous tries, in less than 10 minutes time... how embarrassing...

What's with all the bogus 300 verado cowlings running around??

The 350 Yammie is going to replace a TON of twin 200 outboards...

If your a boat manufacturer, that expects to stay in business, you better be paying damm good attention to what Everglades boats are doing.... easily, hands down, the MOST single impressive and thought out boat line there... over the top thinking and ergo's.... nothing short of genius and detail everywhere you looked, and I mean every nook, cranny, bolt, screw, light, switch.... the sliding windshield... absolutely brilliant boats... doesn't the 211 look like an old Whaler Tempest hull??

Chris Craft 29 open is a very nice boat, too much teak, but without that a very doable family day boat, to bad the whole line value depreciates like a rock because the initial quality and eye appeal is superior.... the 22 with the folding front jump seat is Critter like, but 28 years late... I don't care how nice their 23 open at 90k is, it isn't going to sell very many, when the exhibitor right next door is selling a 23something for 29k...

SeaVee 34 open with the 540hp QSC Cummins and tunnel drive?? pretty clever layout... the 8" SS polished exhaust out the back WILL open your eyes as a clue...

38 Contender Express cruiser is just flat out cool. With triple 350 yammie's this is the MacDaddy cruiser deal. Just friggin gorgeous lines..

Where was the crowd??

Why do Livorsi's gauges look suspiciously like Faria's and Autometer's.... wait, they ARE.....

How does an Etec live display run without fuel or oil lines hooked up, tach stuck at 1000 rpm, no exhaust bubbles in the tank, and water pisses out the piss hole??

Just how many trailer manufacturer's are there anyways???

MTU booth > ............... whoa........... CAT booth> 300 salesman for every customer...

Exergy Dmax conversion is just the absolute ultimate BB Chevy repower deal going... intercoolers and polished SS headers too...

Where were the buyers??

Fountain exhibit interrogation process pissed off a LOT of people... especially potential buyers... serious turnoff...

How does Formula just seem to do it right, year, after year, after year... I like the SS series a LOT...

Why is a Hinckley 29 picnic boat $299,000 ?? or is that $399,000??? maybe because of the hand built wood laminated windshield frame?? gorgeous boat, pass the Poupon...

If the Spectre CC with the twin Yanmars and Bravo drives doesn't blow your skirt up, your just simply comatose...

Donzi ZSF line is pretty cool, but why the stupid arches that smash your skull and shoulders at every turn... an 18' at 45k on special, and NO trailer ??

Attending a show with CDMA guarantee's that you will learn SOMETHING, I always do, and this is a good thing...

Sofa King
02-19-2007, 09:54 AM
Thanks all for the good 411, I saved thousands :wink:

Pismo
02-19-2007, 11:06 AM
Cold 50s-60s for a couple days. Kept the crowds small.

p729lws
02-19-2007, 12:31 PM
Rental cars, hotels and parking are all twice as expensive the week of the show.

Wait until the Fountain interigation team isn't looking and slide past them in- burrito.

Cigarette has the best show babes.

Merc has a stern drive smaller than the Alpha.

Don't eat the corn meal and mozzarella vendor snack at the in water venue.

Brownie at Stainless and Fred at Trick are actuall people.

The IMCO steering package includes the drill bit to tap the 2 holes required in the top cap of the Bravo drive.:wink:

Outerlimits takes their in water boats out more than anyone else and everyone stops and looks.

Dan

Pismo
02-19-2007, 02:29 PM
Mercs new Vazer drive, the bottom is a stock Gen II Alpha and the top is low and small. The engine is self draining, 100hp 4cyl tilted 50 degrees so very low profile. Unique TA with big cutout. Never tried those corn things.

Team Jefe
02-19-2007, 03:02 PM
Everyone is trying to sell fishing boats now, even Cigarette had two in their display. Scarabs were all fishing boats, no performance boats at their display at all..

Fish boats with eggbeaters....taking over teh performance boat market....perish the thought....I guess i am just a man ahead of my time:yes:

If your a boat manufacturer, that expects to stay in business, you better be paying damm good attention to what Everglades boats are doing.... easily, hands down, the MOST single impressive and thought out boat line there... over the top thinking and ergo's.... nothing short of genius and detail everywhere you looked, and I mean every nook, cranny, bolt, screw, light, switch.... the sliding windshield... absolutely brilliant boats... doesn't the 211 look like an old Whaler Tempest hull??

Jim - I was just touting the virtues of the Everglades boats on the Redneck Go-fast thread with Ranman. I saw the 35 CC at the Houston show and FELL IN LOVE. I spent half my time at the show on that single boat. WOW:eek!:

BUIZILLA
02-19-2007, 03:17 PM
I think an Everglades with triple 225 Etecs is the hot ticket right now.......

ChromeGorilla
02-19-2007, 03:29 PM
Oh dear..... I see CDMA is reading this thread...... now I KNOW he learned some things in Miamuh.....:yes: he was planning this list as soon as he got there.....:yes:

Compiling mine now...will post later....

DONZI
02-19-2007, 03:54 PM
Cold 50s-60s for a couple days. Kept the crowds small.
Damn ! They'd never make it up here then.:lookaroun Pic. below from the warmest part of the day after the Boston show.:cool:

Some pics. from the B-show.:)
http://www.putfile.com/kmlfamily/images/84511

ChromeGorilla
02-19-2007, 06:54 PM
What Chromegorilla learned in Miami....

I'm too beautifull for the people in South beach to handle.

The real reason Poodle volunteers for the billfish tourament......

Poodle knows damn near everybody in south Fl.

Chris Craft REALLY likes their boats.

I'm damn sexy.

Budman didn't want to slum it this weekend. We missed ya Bud!

Catch22 REALLY likes sausage. :eek!:

When dining in South Beach, DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT order "off" the menu. :eek!:

A Fish Called Avalon.......... MAGNIFICENT! Same time same place next year fellas.

Mike Miller has a joy for life like I have never seen.... you rock brother!

Chris Allard has got his chit together.

Donzi is bulding some damn fine boats lately..... but we knew that.

A follow up to the last observation is that I NEED to make some more cheese......

I NEED A 38ZR.

I'm damn sexy.

My credit card is worn the F out.....:yes: :wink:

My wife is the coolest! But I already knew that!

Where to get a $100 appetizer.

My 22 needs a 710.

Poodle is one cool cat. Thanks for everything Scott.

Chris Allard is one cool cat. THANK YOU for everything!

Allards drive home is wayyyyyyyy better than mine.

I'm damn sexy.

Jim and Gina were cool as chit always!

Big Grizz is a swell fella...... and meeting Barbara was a pleasure.

Frank NEEDS to get me a a good deal on a 38ZR..... :)

The Cigarette models wanted my junk.

Buizlla and I can't communicate worth a chit on a cell phone.

There were quite a few board members that were in town that I didn't get a chance to meet......maybe next year.

Buizilla kinda knows what the hell he's talking about most the time.

Buzilla owes me for photography services.....:wink:

Did I mention my credit card? :eek!:

The #1 thing I learned I learned in Miami is that I now know that when I'm in trouble with the wife and get "grounded", the correct term to use is......

"I had an issue come up at the office":yes:

ChromeGorilla
02-19-2007, 09:32 PM
I still wanna see CDMA's "list"..... :D

undertaker
02-20-2007, 10:56 AM
What Chromegorilla learned in Miami....
I'm too beautifull for the people in South beach to handle.
The real reason Poodle volunteers for the billfish tourament......
Poodle knows damn near everybody in south Fl.
Chris Craft REALLY likes their boats.
I'm damn sexy.
Budman didn't want to slum it this weekend. We missed ya Bud!
Catch22 REALLY likes sausage. :eek!:
When dining in South Beach, DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT order "off" the menu. :eek!:
A Fish Called Avalon.......... MAGNIFICENT! Same time same place next year fellas.
Mike Miller has a joy for life like I have never seen.... you rock brother!
Chris Allard has got his chit together.
Donzi is bulding some damn fine boats lately..... but we knew that.
A follow up to the last observation is that I NEED to make some more cheese......
I NEED A 38ZR.
I'm damn sexy.
My credit card is worn the F out.....:yes: :wink:
My wife is the coolest! But I already knew that!
Where to get a $100 appetizer.
My 22 needs a 710.
Poodle is one cool cat. Thanks for everything Scott.
Chris Allard is one cool cat. THANK YOU for everything!
Allards drive home is wayyyyyyyy better than mine.
I'm damn sexy.
Jim and Gina were cool as chit always!
Big Grizz is a swell fella...... and meeting Barbara was a pleasure.
Frank NEEDS to get me a a good deal on a 38ZR..... :)
The Cigarette models wanted my junk.
Buizlla and I can't communicate worth a chit on a cell phone.
There were quite a few board members that were in town that I didn't get a chance to meet......maybe next year.
Buizilla kinda knows what the hell he's talking about most the time.
Buzilla owes me for photography services.....:wink:
Did I mention my credit card? :eek!:
The #1 thing I learned I learned in Miami is that I now know that when I'm in trouble with the wife and get "grounded", the correct term to use is......
"I had an issue come up at the office":yes:

That's some funny sh*t right there:yes: :yes: :yes:

Undertajer:pimp:

PS Still trying to figure out the DAMN SEXY talk:wink: :wink: :bonk: