PDA

View Full Version : Something New!

MOP
02-16-2007, 04:30 PM
As most of you know I am a bit older then most up here, Today I went down to the bay and could not believe my eyes. We have had teen and single diget weather with winds as high as 60mph, the pics below give an idea of more ice then I have ever seen on our bay. The shot down the beach gives some perspective, the bulkhead is about 8 feet tall. The water shots show in places 4-5 feet tall, blew my mind had to run home and get the camera. I well know that the GL boys can post some fantastic ice pics, but for salt ice in our area this is a sight.
Phil

Budmann
02-16-2007, 05:29 PM
Beautiful pics Phil!!!!:eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!:

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink: :wink:

MOP
02-16-2007, 11:19 PM
This storm has been terrible in many other places, I feel pretty lucky!

I have to admit the "Southern Climes" are real appealing!:yes:

McGary911
02-17-2007, 08:19 AM
Now that looks cold. Guess no ice skating huh? Walking on rock hard frozen sand in the winter always seemed weird to me....Never saw ice buildup like that.

Dropped below freezing down here in Jacksonville for the first time since the 50s. Think the cold followed me down here?

Ed Donnelly
02-17-2007, 04:12 PM
Just a bit older???? HUH :yes: ....Ed

MOP
02-17-2007, 04:17 PM
To (Qoute) McGary911 Dropped below freezing down here in Jacksonville for the first time since the 50s. Think the cold followed me down here?

I was stationed at Eglin in the 50's and remember the ice, freaked out the locals! I had just been transferred down from Loring where you could see 50 below some mornings I had to laugh a tad of ice on the puddles! I would like to explore the Pan Handle to see how much it has changed.

Bonnie saw the pics and said no way so I carted her down to the beach today, she had never seen the ice so high. We had a big freeze back in the mid 70's and had seals show up in the open water patches now that was really cool.

This winter will be remembered by many, and all of us are looking seriously hard toward SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOP
02-17-2007, 04:19 PM
Just a bit older???? HUH :yes: ....Ed

Good to see a "Northern" and much colder Bud drop in!!!

Ranman
02-17-2007, 09:39 PM
Holy chit! Phil went digital! :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: Nice shots.

MOP
02-18-2007, 08:51 AM

Caught! Finally out of the dark ages!!!

Thanks Ranman the camera did all the work, it took all the shake out of my shivering. I picked up a Panasonic DMC LZ5 with a gig of memory, it is rated decent for the $$. Took all of my vacation pics and still had room for more.

Phil

penbroke
02-18-2007, 09:48 PM
You mean it's not always like that this time o' year!?!? Nice shots Phil! :yes:

Frank
Looks normal to me...

Tim Morris
02-19-2007, 08:36 AM

Yeah - I noticed. That has some co-relation to his age. I know
I've been buggin' him for a few years about getting digital.
Looks like he's had a birthday, doesn't it?

wrussellw
02-19-2007, 10:54 AM
I guess Global Warming took the winter off up there.
Finally warmed up for Mardi Gras down here. In the 70's tommorrow, we have been having some cooler than usual weather