PDA

View Full Version : Bodega Bay CA / "The Birds"

RedDog
02-15-2007, 08:44 PM
We went up to Bodega Bay, CA today for lunch. This is where the movie “The Birds” was filmed. That movie must have been so fake – I didn’t see any birds anywhere….

gcarter
02-20-2007, 09:40 AM
I bet there were no old DB1 Aston Martins running on the streets either.:wink:

zelatore
02-23-2007, 10:43 AM
What's a Donzi board memeber doing out here in NorCal? That's my neck of the woods.

From what I could tell reading this board, the don't seem to let any Donzi's west of Texas. (at least not the ones for sale)

Don

RedDog
02-23-2007, 12:20 PM
What's a Donzi board memeber doing out here in NorCal? That's my neck of the woods.
From what I could tell reading this board, the don't seem to let any Donzi's west of Texas. (at least not the ones for sale)
Don

I sure didn't see any Donzis while out there. I had some work going on in Rio Vista and then spent a few days of vacation based out of Pacifica exploring up and down the coast

zelatore
02-23-2007, 05:25 PM
I sure didn't see any Donzis while out there. I had some work going on in Rio Vista and then spent a few days of vacation based out of Pacifica exploring up and down the coast

Rio Vista ?!? Heck, I live about 20 miles up 160 from there. That's much more Donzi territory than Bodega Bay, that's for sure! I know of at least 2 22 classics in the delta. I'm sure there are plenty more, I just never stopped to count.

I'll be driving past Rio Vista in about 3 hours, depending on traffic...

I'm guessing you weren't exploring the coast via Donzi - the pacific isn't the best sport boat water, and there aren't many harbors around here once you head north. After Bodega Bay, you're looking at Fort Bragg. Or maybe Tomalas Bay if the bar isnt' bad.

Don

Lenny
02-23-2007, 10:12 PM
We went up to Bodega Bay, CA today for lunch. This is where the movie “The Birds” was filmed. That movie must have been so fake – I didn’t see any birds anywhere….

Cool place, been there by car a few times. CSNY wrote about this particular place, and David Crosby had his "seriously bad" years a few miles away...

zelatore
02-23-2007, 10:57 PM
I'll be driving past Rio Vista in about 3 hours, depending on traffic...

I spoke too soon. 5:00 rolls around and the owner tells me he has to have a boat ready for demo first thing in the morning. Only problem? Broken shift cable. Mind, this is a 39 Carver aft cabin and it's not exactly a straight shot from the flybridge to the engine room. It's 9:00 now and I'm about to leave the office; I should be hitting Rio Vista about 10:30 at this point.

What was I thinking....Never open your mouth!:bonk:

Don