PDA

View Full Version : Paging Mr. Carl...Paging Mr. Carl

Sofa King
02-15-2007, 08:05 PM
How's your chop shop doing? Didja get her back yet? Did they at least give you a firm date? The blue bonnets are fixin to bloom soon...sheesh.

Your Pard
Sofa King

Carl C
02-15-2007, 08:21 PM
No, the shop closed for the winter. They told me it would be ready before the ice melted.:crossfing We'll see. It's been broke since September.:(

Sofa King
02-15-2007, 08:27 PM
Don't feel bad, my kitchen is going on a year and a half. Donzi's are cheap compared to kitchens lol.

Carl C
02-16-2007, 07:22 AM
Personally I think there is something wrong when it takes 8 months to get a boat fixed but if I have it back by early April and the repairs have been properly done I will be OK with it. If not, stay tuned 'cause all hell's gonna break loose and there will be an attorney involved. Right now I have to stay cool and keep my mind off of it. I've got some home projects going on this winter too. BTW, I've never seen a kitchen redo that cost what I paid for this boat. :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing

wrussellw
02-16-2007, 07:58 AM
I would tell you what my recent kitchen renovation cost :eek!: , but actually it came in closer to estimate than the '69 16 project did. Well I guess I kept changing things on the boat project, but then so did my wife on the kitchen.
Any way the boat is much faster than the new stainless refrig.

Happy Mardi Gras

realbold
02-16-2007, 08:08 AM
Carl, is it still at Orion Marine?

Carl C
02-16-2007, 08:09 AM
I would tell you what my recent kitchen renovation cost :eek!: , but actually it came in closer to estimate than the '69 16 project did. Well I guess I kept changing things on the boat project, but then so did my wife on the kitchen.
Any way the boat is much faster than the new stainless refrig.
Happy Mardi GrasI think I could buy an industrial kitchen for $55,000!

Sofa King
02-16-2007, 08:23 AM
I wish it cost 55. They tell me it will be done in two weeks, like that movie "The Money Pit"... I'll post a few pics after completion.

gold-n-rod
02-16-2007, 08:33 AM
We have some friends who spent $75K on their kitchen remodel. BTW, this did not include any structural changes or increase of sq. footage.

It did include $20K worth of granite countertops, however!! :eek!: :eek!: :bonk:

wrussellw
02-19-2007, 11:27 AM
I didn't change anything structural either, but those granite counter tops are EXPENSIVE. Man I think you can get a SBC cheaper than the sink/faucet my wife picked out.

Carl C
02-19-2007, 04:24 PM
Carl, is it still at Orion Marine? No, I moved it to a larger more reputable dealer called K&M Marine in Redford. I'll contact them soon to find out when they will reopen.