PDA

View Full Version : Performance Boating in China?

DonCig
02-15-2007, 02:17 PM
Performance boats in China are starting to make a very very small appearance. With the Ferrari and Bently dealerships popping up it was only a matter of time. The following lake is located a couple of hours from our office. No Donzis on it yet, but I plan on being the first to drop one in the water if it is possible. Seems the Chinese like the quiet and traquility of their marine enviroment, so we are not sure yet wether we can drop a V-8 rumble boat on this lake. Fountain is making a push to sell boats in Shanghai for ocean use.

Anyway the world is definately getting smaller, but maybe we can spread some of the Donzi love.

Here is a web link to the lake. 356 square miles in area with over 1078 individual islands. Can you say GPS mandantory.

http://english.cri.cn/725/2005/11/30/202@33587.htm

realbold
02-15-2007, 02:57 PM
I think they should stick to rowboats, blowboats. They're already using too much of our fuel.

boxy
02-15-2007, 02:58 PM
I think they should stick to rowboats, blowboats. They're already using too much of our fuel.

Then quit selling it to them......

boxy
02-15-2007, 03:04 PM
Don, the lake looks beautiful.
The sunset pic seems to have something faster than the average row boat in it.... :D

DonCig
02-15-2007, 03:23 PM

Our fuel?, I hate to drop some bad news on you but the last time I looked the USA was not exporting much in the way of fuel and oil. Which means that we are just another bidder standing in line at the world auction block.

Guess what we have to bid with? Low value US greenbacks. It seems that our low personal savings rate does not instill a lot of comfort in the worlds financial markets.

Just calling it the way that I see it.

DonCig
02-15-2007, 03:26 PM
Don, the lake looks beautiful.
The sunset pic seems to have something faster than the average row boat in it.... :D

I beleive that it is an aluminum group excursion boat. I saw a billboard in Hangzhou that had a 25-30 mph? group tour boat photograph and I think that this is where the boat is probably located.

Don

Carl C
02-15-2007, 03:34 PM
So you are in China? Very cool. Tried to look at the pics but I must install my Windows XP disc and load the Chinese language. That's what my 'puter is telling me to do; it hasn't been itself lately! Maybe later. There are rumors that Alaskan crude is sold overseas; don't know if it's true and don't care but that may be what realbold is talking about. If you are there, have fun.:)

boxy
02-15-2007, 03:50 PM
Our fuel?, I hate to drop some bad news on you but the last time I looked the USA was not exporting much in the way of fuel and oil. Which means that we are just another bidder standing in line at the world auction block.
Guess what we have to bid with? Low value US greenbacks. It seems that our low personal savings rate does not instill a lot of comfort in the worlds financial markets.
Just calling it the way that I see it.

Don, your straight forward response seems clearer than my subtle sarcastic one.... :D

realbold
02-15-2007, 04:12 PM
There are rumors that Alaskan crude is sold overseas; don't know if it's true and don't care but that may be what realbold is talking about.
That could be true but what I meant was the way big countries like China and India are progressing, they're consuming more and more oil, increasing demand, which increases prices. Might sound selfish but thats the way it is.

boxy
02-16-2007, 07:47 AM
That could be true but what I meant was the way big countries like China and India are progressing, they're consuming more and more oil, increasing demand, which increases prices. Might sound selfish but thats the way it is.

But why do you feel that they are taking "your" oil ???

Carl C
02-16-2007, 07:59 AM
That could be true but what I meant was the way big countries like China and India are progressing, they're consuming more and more oil, increasing demand, which increases prices. Might sound selfish but thats the way it is. Sorry to disagree with a fellow Michiganian, whom I hope to meet this summer at an event, but at the rate that this country guzzles oil I don't think we should criticise any other country's oil appetite.

realbold
02-16-2007, 08:22 AM
Sorry to disagree with a fellow Michiganian, whom I hope to meet this summer at an event, but at the rate that this country guzzles oil I don't think we should criticise any other country's oil appetite.
I'm not criticising anyone. All I was saying is there are billions of people over there and more and more driving cars. They're appetite for oil will exceed ours and when that happens we wont be able to afford to use our boats.
Boxy, I didn't say my oil. I said ours meaning everyone's.

realbold
02-16-2007, 08:33 AM
BTW Carl, would like to meet sometime on St Clair. Unfortunately my boat wont be ready this summer and since I recently lost my job it could be quite a while. :(

Carl C
02-16-2007, 08:44 AM
BTW Carl, would like to meet sometime on St Clair. Unfortunately my boat wont be ready this summer and since I recently lost my job it could be quite a while. :( I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you're able to find work without leaving the state and that all works out well. Sounds like kitchen remods might be lucrative!:wink: