PDA

View Full Version : Deck is off the X-18

The Hedgehog
02-14-2007, 05:12 PM
Tex could not help himself! I asked him to wait till Sat so I could feel useful but it happened early. A big hat's off to Tex. Pics coming

Last Real Texan
02-14-2007, 06:54 PM
Tex could not help himself! I asked him to wait till Sat so I could feel useful but it happened early. A big hat's off to Tex. Pics coming
yep.......got a little bored in the warehouse and off it popped. Don't worry Bill still lots of stuff to get it redy and send it on it way to the glass man......

Bryan

The Hedgehog
02-28-2007, 05:28 PM
Here they are. It is in the glass shop now

peregrine
03-02-2007, 07:52 PM
Wow so that's it. Just uncover the screws and take it off. Those are the stringers, front to rear? Excuse me, I am absorbing knowledge prior to owning a boat.

The Hedgehog
03-02-2007, 08:33 PM
Yes, those would be the stringers. On older boats the deck and hull are screwed together. Various parts of the floor are bonded to stringers on the X-18. Tex had his helper cut out the bonding strips.

LKSD
03-03-2007, 10:21 AM
Must be the Donzi Deck month.. :D We have two Donzi's with decks off /coming off currently as well.. We are doing some light frame work, replacing fuel tanks & repainting the inside of the hull and bilge..

Are you doing a tank & paint, or are you "sprucing" the outers of the chine frames as well?? :) Jamie / Lakeside

The Hedgehog
03-03-2007, 12:53 PM
Must be the Donzi Deck month.. :D We have two Donzi's with decks off /coming off currently as well.. We are doing some light frame work, replacing fuel tanks & repainting the inside of the hull and bilge..
Are you doing a tank & paint, or are you "sprucing" the outers of the chine frames as well?? :) Jamie / Lakeside

I am doing exactly what you are doing, tank and all. Also doing a transom rebuild. Actually, it is all done now except for the tank. Got the 383, transom assembly and Bravo ready to drop in.

LKSD
03-03-2007, 12:56 PM
Sounds cool.. :) Are you going to have it ready for this season?? :) Jamie

The Hedgehog
03-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Sounds cool.. :) Are you going to have it ready for this season?? :) Jamie

You bet. I wish that I had someone local like yourself to turn loose on this project. I am very glad to have Larry around the corner and Tex has been a huge help.