PDA

View Full Version : Redneck Speed Boat

Ranman
02-11-2007, 11:15 PM
Spotted this at the Detroit Boat Show. Something tells me the motor more than doubled the sticker price. Look out Todd and Doc. :eek!: :eek!:

DON N.
02-12-2007, 05:14 AM
Something Nice For A Family. And You Could Probaly Ski From It To,
If It Didn't Dislocate Your Arms Getting Up.

FISHIN SUCKS
02-12-2007, 06:03 AM
Somebody had one of these at AOTH last year that was running with us. Ran fairly well. It kind of has the same look as putting sidepipes on your family station wagon:yes:

Carl C
02-12-2007, 06:53 AM
That is completely insane. :eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!:

undertaker
02-12-2007, 08:38 AM
If I was going to buy a pontoon boat this would be my ride.....sweeeet:) :) :) :) :)

Undertaker:bonk:

roadtrip se
02-12-2007, 09:35 AM
I constantly hear from my mother-in-law...

"Why do you guys always have to go so fast?"

It would be priceless to have this sitting in the water at the dock when she came down to the lake...

"Look Mom, it's just a pontoon."

Last Tango
02-12-2007, 11:46 AM
Sort of like a school bus with a Top Fuel motor in it.

LKSD
02-13-2007, 12:56 PM
Interesting. Still could not twist my arm into buying a pontoon. Even this one. Jay

Cuda
02-13-2007, 02:26 PM
Looks like the perfect boat for down here in pontoon heaven on the St John's.

realbold
02-13-2007, 03:58 PM
Here's another one with eggbeaters :D

Team Jefe
02-16-2007, 11:20 AM
The ones with teh Big OB's are popular around here. I've seen several on teh local lakes, but none in the bays yet.

The first time I saw a 'toon with only the lower units in the water...Coming flying PAST ME, I just about Sh!t:eek!: The guy had Mom, the kids.....and granny on board

realbold
02-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Like to see what happens when they have to turn. Seems like a waste to me. I'd love to have that engine/drive package on the one Ranman posted on top. BTW, whats teh? :D

wannabe
02-16-2007, 04:29 PM
My brother went to the Detroit boat show and he said that is all they had there was pontoon boats. He said the one with the go fast motor was 85 grand.

Ranman
02-16-2007, 05:41 PM
It was not all pontoons....there were sparkely bass boats too. :bonk:

Seriously though. The Detroit Boat Show is not a hi-perf show by any stretch. There were a few Sunsations, lots of Formulas (BR, Fastec, PC and SS) a Fountain or two and a few other go fasts but that was it.

Wifey and I are in the market for a 27-31 Cruiser and there was a lot to look at. a 35' Bertram :cool: , Tiara, Formula, Carver, Four Winns, Regal, Monterey, Chaparral lots o' Sea Ray's and plenty of tricked out ski and wakeboard boats.

I have to say Formula is my favorite (big $$$ though). Tiara's are first class, but a little too traditional for me. Chaparral is second on my list. They build really nice boats and the 31 Signature looks like a good value. In fact I would rate them very close to Formula as far as fit, finish and quality. Four Winns, Regal and Monterey seem to be in the middle somewhere.

Sea Ray, I hate to say is very unimpressive. The 29 Sundancer was cheap, bland and lame. Nothing innovative or differentiating at all and I didn't think the quality was there either. Anyway, it ws fun and the beers were good. :)

Team Jefe
02-19-2007, 07:10 AM
Damn Randy, sounds like Detroit and Houston have more in common...what you just described was the Houston boat show 2 weeks ago.

Although I must say we have a crew here now selling Donzis and Fountains from the same shop....that's a little wierd, kinda like you freindly neighborhood Ford/CHevy Dealer, but I guess that too is become more prevalent these days.

They had a 22 Shelby and a few ZX & ZR's scattered in with the fish boats, but no Reggie go-fasters....Only the 38 Fish boat with Quad 250's.

Your old buddy JimG is looking for a cruiser so we made that round one day and there are some nice ones for sure. Formula was at the top of the list as well, especially with their creative financing options.

The one that surprised me was Rinker. I never thought much of them, but their 28' express was very impressive....No idea of the model, but it was a single screw and priced very well. Jim did some wheeling and dealing, so I had time to really get into the boat and could not find any of the usual "cheap" things, unfinished areas, etc. Of course, nothing I'd want, but still pretty nice.

The boat that impressed me most was the Everglades 35 CC.....WOW:yes: The boys at Everglades have pulled out all the stops. This boat had everything anybody could want...including trip O/B's which is a prereq. for my next boat, under deck V-berth, bolstered seating, a fighting chair in the back of the console, 3 live wells, a front V couch and table....I get wood just thinking about it.

FISHIN SUCKS
02-19-2007, 09:57 AM
We went to our local boat show this weekend and there was a dealer from Coldwater, MI, selling those South Bay 'toons. You could get a small block toon for $39k (show special) or a 496 for $59K (show special). The guy claimed that the big block would do 60mph on the GPS. Said the things are built in Mishawaka, IN, and that they claim the speed record for fastest pontoon at like 102mph or something:confused:

Team Jefe
02-19-2007, 02:52 PM
You know Tom, if you had one of those you would not think FISHIN' SUCKS anymore:wink:

FISHIN SUCKS
02-19-2007, 03:12 PM
You know Tom, if you had one of those you would not think FISHIN' SUCKS anymore:wink:
I wanna go fishin' with you, cowboy! You and me together, forget it (kinda stole that from 'Stripes'). That's right, let's go fishin' for a bucket of boat trash, Jefe style. None of that inbred Indiana crap like we have here:spit: ! Let's get some salt:yes: !

Hey Brutha, you gonna make it to AOTH???

Team Jefe
02-20-2007, 12:09 PM
Careful brother, you'll have to change your handle to TX FISHIN ROCKS :wink:

You and that pretty little lady of yours have an open invite anytime. July and August are the best months, but forget your clothes 'cause it get HOT down here:yes:

Like I always say "Its ok to play in plain water, but you gotta get salty to fish !!"

Looks like AOTH is a no go this year. We have several irons in the fire, including the Cabo Trip in May so some things have to be sacrificed.:confused: