PDA

View Full Version : I can feel the love

Cuda
02-07-2007, 08:15 PM
I was on the phone with Catch 22, we were talking about Cumberland, when I mentioned that my blood pressure medicine hadn't been working, that I took my bp this morning, and I want to tell my doctor to put me back on my old bp medicine. He changed mine a couple months ago, because the Captotril they had me on I had to take twice a day, and he didn't like the way my bp would spike between doses, well, even between doses it was lower than it is after I take the Micardis they have me on.

Anyway, I told Jim I was taking my bp as we were talking, and I said whoa! My bp was 195/122!:eek!: I told him not to worry, because if I fell out right now on the phone, he could have my Minx. He was silent for a few seconds, then said, "What about the Formula?":eek!: :biggrin.:

I took another Micardis, even though I'm only suppose to take it once a day, and took one aspirin, and it's coming down slowly. :(

florida gator
02-07-2007, 08:20 PM
So.... you didn't commit the Formula then, did you?

florida gator
02-07-2007, 08:21 PM
You know I'm kidding, right?

Anyway you have to stay healthy for another St Johns run. Hopefully you'll actually make it under your own power and won't recquire Deb to dive into mud to tie you up!!

Cuda
02-07-2007, 08:30 PM
So.... you didn't commit the Formula then, did you?
I can feel more love! :)

BUIZILLA
02-07-2007, 08:41 PM
and you lit up a stick too right?

Cuda
02-07-2007, 09:01 PM
and you lit up a stick too right?
Actually, I was going to, but Debbie happened to be talking to the nurse about Kyle (he's back in the hospital), so she was asking her quetions about my bp problem. I wanted to take a Captotril, that I still have left over, and Debbie was asking about that. Deb told her I smoke, and she asked if I drank coffee (the only bad habit I don't have) but told her I drink coke. She said for me not to smoke a cigarette, or drink any coke for fifteen minutes, and then take my bp. I told her it would be the worse fifteen minutes of my life.

Just took it, it's down to 164/109, so it's headed in the right direction. I'm calling my doc in the morning and have him put me back on the Captotril. I've actually cut my smoking down almost in half for the last week or so. I smoke more when I'm on the computer than any other time, so I have been staying off it as much. I'm down to one pack a day, compared to 2+ packs.:bonk:

gcarter
02-08-2007, 04:45 AM
Ya see Joe?
There's hope for ya!!!:wink: :crossfing

I don't think there's any of your boats I'm really interested in.

roadtrip se
02-08-2007, 07:12 AM
Good luck with the smoke effort. Many of my friends are fighting the habit right now, so I seem to find myself cooking and buying more drinks than normal for the grumps! Tough thing to do.