PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Isle staying open

florida gator
02-07-2007, 11:52 AM
I just blocked a group of rooms for a bachelor party and mentioned to the girl in group sales that I want to try to come down again before they close and she told me that she was just notified they would continue booking through the end of 2007.

May need to ad that to the SEADOG calender this year!!

Cuda
02-07-2007, 05:52 PM
I don't know how many years I've been hearing it's "sold".

Is this going to be a co-ed bachelor party too???:eek!:

BUIZILLA
02-07-2007, 06:16 PM
the story I get is that it DID sell, BUT there are permit issues dragging with demolition/new construction... average permit wait time for commercial build is about 2 years...

Cuda
02-07-2007, 06:44 PM
We've got the same thing going on here in Deland. There is a marina right down the road from us that sold last year. They are supposed to tear it down and build condo's on the land, but not a damn thing has happened. I'm sure it's on a septic system, like I am, and I don't see the county allowing them a septic system for that many units right on the St John's River. I guess they have the option of building their own sewage system, I've seen it happen before, but I still think they will play hell trying get condos built there. I know nobody around here wants it, and if he has to get any kind of variance from the county, I don't see it happening.

florida gator
02-07-2007, 07:48 PM
It did sell. They were going to close and of 2006. Sales girl said they just told her today to book through 2007.

Co ed, not per say but, hopefully the "entertainement :wink: " is of the opposite sex!!

florida gator
02-07-2007, 07:49 PM
Is this going to be a co-ed bachelor party too???:eek!:

Will I ever be able to redeem myself and have my mancard back?

Cuda
02-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Will I ever be able to redeem myself and have my mancard back?
Not unless you provide strippers for the rest of the males on Donzi Net.:wink:

Budmann
02-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Now that sounds "interesting"!!!!:eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!:

florida gator
02-08-2007, 04:46 PM
As long as they arent co-ed strippers...
So, is the Donzi gang invited to the party??? :) :)

I can't see why not. I have a block of ocean front rooms at a discounted rate. Transportation and Friday's fishing trip are the 2 things I can't cover. They have been donated by other parties. Otherwise tentative agenda is:
Thurs - arrive, drink, etc.
Fri - Fish / drink day, drink night
Sat - Key West
Sun - depart

I would like to go back down another time with the boat.

Budmann
02-08-2007, 07:50 PM
F.G... My boat doesn't have rod holders on it for a reason.:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Is there a plan for those of us who would love to visit with folks, but use a menu instead of a fishing rod to eat fresh fish??:shades: :shades: :shades:

florida gator
02-08-2007, 08:20 PM
The boat is 50+'. My plan is just hang out & drink. Last time I fished with a group I boated way more than anyone. I sat and drank all day and grabbed the net everytime someone else got a fish close.

I'm with you as far as the rod holders. I just bought a cc and it has very few.

Budmann
02-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!:wink: :wink: :wink: As long as no one is offended if I don't fish!!!!!!!!

florida gator
02-09-2007, 03:35 PM
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!:wink: :wink: :wink: As long as no one is offended if I don't fish!!!!!!!!

If you seriously think your'e coming let me know so I can get with the guy who's handling the boat.

Otherwise we need to get together down in Pinnellas soon. I have a cool place I found in Treasure Island that I have stayed a few times. Fairly inexpensive, on the beach with parking and a dock across the street on a canal to the ICW. Right between Blind Pass and Johns Pass.

Budmann
02-09-2007, 03:42 PM
Funny!!! I lived on Blind Pass Rd. (St. Pete Yacht and Tennis Club) For 11 Years. If you say the name, I have probably been passed out there!!:boggled: :boggled: :boggled: :boggled: :boggled:

florida gator
02-09-2007, 03:50 PM
Yeah, I think it is right around the corner if that is the same yacht club I passed when I went for a run. Island Inn Resort. It's a condo hotel. Probably my first choice for a number of reasons when I head down that way.

Budmann
02-09-2007, 04:03 PM
My brother still lives @ the Tennis Club! You name the time and date and we will be there with bells on!!!!!:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: