PDA

View Full Version : New here and have some questions,,,

madmatt
02-03-2007, 11:07 PM
Hi all! let me start by introducing myself, I'm Matt, 26 and live in Southern Indiana. ATV motorctross was my life till the ability to race was taken from me last May. After spending most of my summer on the water w/ friends I've decided my new hobby will be boating. I've had a bass boat but I'm shopping for my first power boat. After much browsing I've become interested in the 22ZX. I've found a 2001 w/ 88 hours on it, the 377 Scorpion pkg sitting on a Myco trailer. Is there anything I need to know about or look out for w/ this model??? I went and looked at it today and it's in great shape! Is $30K too much to pay for it? Thanks in advance for you help and comments.

Ed Donnelly
02-03-2007, 11:33 PM
MadMatt; Fresh or salt water used?? Any pics? Compared prices? Might still be the same model & engine for sale at Lake Cumberland Marine in KY...Ed

madmatt
02-03-2007, 11:37 PM
It is a freshwater boat and it is the one @ LCM.

Ed Donnelly
02-03-2007, 11:46 PM
There was a 99 big block that sold not too long ago for around $28,000
I am sure some of the 22 owners will help tomorrow.....Ed

DJ13
02-04-2007, 04:15 AM
Hey MadMatt, welcome to the board. Price sounds about right if she's in excellent shape. Look closely for stress fractures if they ran her hard. I've had my '99 for a few years now and really love it!

Dave

22zxla
02-04-2007, 09:06 AM
MATT , i think its a fair price for the upgrade motor and trailer. That boat has been there for awhile so maybe make an offer they might budge. Winter time boats dont move so try to take advantage . If you buy you,ll love it! Its a good starter boat to get the fever! Good luck!

madmatt
02-04-2007, 09:46 AM
The boat has been for sale at least since last July since I started looking at it. The owner finally just traded it in bcak in Oct or Nov. I'm waiting on a email back from a dealer who has a 03 up in Wisconsin. If he doesn't come down enough I'm gonna make an offer on the one down @ LCM. I've searched and it seems like this boat is prone to spinning out if not tabbed and trimmed right in turns. The shortest boat I've ran w/ tabs was a 25 Outlaw.How should I run a 22zx?

DJ13
02-05-2007, 07:51 PM
If you search this board for the 22ZX spinout topic, you'll find plenty of threads. They stopped putting big blocks in them for that reason from what I've heard. '99 was the last year BBC's came stock as well. I have the BBC 7.4L MPI. I don't drive in a way that would cause a spinout anyway but they have occurred for some and it can throw people out of the boat. If you must crank the wheel at high speeds maybe another boat is a better call... but if you drive with some respect for conditions and the abilities of the boat, she performs excellent. Get to know her, learn how she reacts with tabs and trim and you should have a great relationship!

DudeHoss
02-06-2007, 10:09 AM
Hey Matt,

The Donzi Factory had two 22zx's three weeks ago that they are trying to get rid of. They were purchased as police boats in Mississippi but never used and later returned to the factory. When I was there a few weeks ago they had just got done converting them back into pleasure boats. Both of them are really nice with little or no hours. I have it on good authority you could get a great deal on either one of them. I thought I had a photo, I'll post it if I come across it. Both are white with black trim.

The Hedgehog
02-06-2007, 01:23 PM
That's the purple one right? I lived in Southern Indiana for a while. A guy in Louisville with a Sonic had it for sale. I guess that it moved on to LCM. It was a clean boat from what I remember. It should run pretty good with the scorp package. I demoed one with a 454 and liked it. A really nice riding boat for a 22. As for the spin out thing, I think that most step hulls will spin if you don't handle them right in the turns. I would think that you could get a deal on this boat

BUIZILLA
02-06-2007, 01:34 PM
30k is an incredible steal for that purple boat, that must be the deal of the century........