PDA

View Full Version : BLUE SUNDAY SuperBowl Colts Tribute.

Magicallbill
02-02-2007, 03:06 AM
Jason was asked to sing on a Colts Super Bowl song called Blue Sunday.
He, along with some other talented local musicians have performed the song live on our Indy Stations, the local affiliates for CBS NBC ABC and Fox.
They also performed it at the downtown Colts sendoff rally on Monument Circle to several thousand people there in support of the home team.

To hear the song and to get more info, go to
http://bluesunday.net

Proud Papa here....Not only of Jason and the players, but to the Colts..
Nobody gave us a chance,and it's been incredible for the morale of our city.
Everywhere our band performs these days, the energy level is waay up ....

Thanks for reading.

Magicallbill.

Magicallbill
02-02-2007, 03:25 AM
Crap...
I just realized I posted this in the wrong section..I wanted it in the "Whatever" Section.
Sorry, could one of you all move this??

Plus, this might be a better link to go to to get the song, info, etc. if anyone's interested.
It's really a cool tune and done well.

http://www.bimeida.biz/bluesunday/index.html

Sorry Harbormaster, Poodle,or whoevers moderating this..
I know more about drums than computers.....

FISHIN SUCKS
02-02-2007, 11:50 AM
I hope Duke Tomato doesn't have to write another 'Lord help our Colts' tune because we are gonna win this weekend:yes: :yes: :yes: !!! And then I hope to be celebrating and doing some of this :beer:

GO COLTS!

Magicallbill
02-02-2007, 06:36 PM
Fishin Sucks;

Jason and I have both performed with Duke from 2000-2003.
We have both appeared on the Bob & Tom Show with him(Jason many more times than myself.) We also did 2 CD's with him..
Jason is on "Pompous & Overrated", and I'm on "Big Bang." plus 3 cuts on the Xmas CD,"It's Xmas, Let's Have Sex."

Duke was a blast to work for, and he composed great songs.
Trust me, WHEN(I hope) we win, he'll have another song ready-made to celebrate the victory.
As the Colts fortunes turned for the better when Peyton & Co. started to get their groove on, he kept the "Lord Help Our Colts" Title, but inserted much more upbeat,(and still funny) lyrics.
Bob & Tom and Duke are masters at what they do.. It was quite a treat to do that show with them, and watch how they juggled the one-liners,didn't step on each other, verbally, and kept the show running smooth..I was tounge-tied from minute one..

Again, soorry about the wrong placement of this thread.

Magicallbill...

FISHIN SUCKS
02-03-2007, 09:16 AM
Hey MB,

looks like they got the thread moved to the right place:) I like Duke, he's pretty cool (don't know him personally). I miss Bass Talk, I thought that was great! Don't know what you do for a living MB, but that's very cool that you get to hang with those guys. My buddies and I sent them one of our DVD's hoping to get a response, but must be they were not impressed. Oh well, it's not for everybody. I also miss the days when I was down at Ball State and would listen to Bob and Tom on WFBQ (back then couldn't get Bob and Tom in Fort Wayne) and they would have the non-politically correct characters on like Haji, Dick Nixon, and then TC givin' the traffic reports...and no, i'm not politically correct. Heck, I don't even hear Bart McAllister anymore.

So far, looks like we are the only loners pullin' for the Colts. No opposition, no nothin' on this Thread.

GO COLTS!:yes: :yes: :yes:

Magicallbill
02-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Fishin' Sucks;
You are talking about some good ole days..D.Nixon..MCallister..I haven't heard from those guys in years either.
Yeah, Bob & Tom are nation-wide these days.
I just talked with Mark Rohrman(Host of Bass Talk) last nite.. it still goes on, I'm pretty sure, although I haven't heard it in forever. I'm up all nite, so I sleep mornings.
In answer to your question, I play music full-time in the Indy area. In addition to the Duke gig, I played in the Henry Lee Summer Band for all of 2003.
Jason and I now have the band that we've talked about for awhile.. The Flying Toasters is the name, and is just been a blast.. We have a great fan base locally. The only drawback is that with our schedule, we play Thurs-Fri-Sat most of the time, making it impossible to attend any gatherings, although, I'm gonna make a couple weekday things this summer, maybe.
Heh...I talked about Donzi's to Duke a lot when we were on the road..He'd just shake his head and say I was nuts for having several boats...
As far as the Colts go, the fact that we may be the only fans on the board shouldn't stop them from winning this thing. Peyton may be one of the best Quarterbacks to EVER throw the ball. he has a great team around him, and they deserve to win. I know deserving doesn't mean they will, but they have a legit chance to beat the Bears..
We'll see....

goatee
02-04-2007, 01:28 AM
31-20 colts

realbold
02-04-2007, 07:31 AM
Colts go further this year, but their streak of playoff chokes isn't quite done.
Da Bears!

FISHIN SUCKS
02-04-2007, 11:48 AM
Colts go further this year, but their streak of playoff chokes isn't quite done.
Da Bears!
This is exactly the reason why I am not gettin' to cocky on this game. Even though the COLTS have the #1 defense in the playoffs this year (source: USA Today, Friday's paper), history has repeated itself in playoffs past:eek!: .

Hey Magicalbill, what are ya sayin', because of your career, no AOTH for you this year:confused: ??? maybe you could do a gig with you and the Toasters on the floating dock or something. Or maybe if we generate enough $ from the auction, we could cover some expenses or something. Heck, you would be the first one from Indiana that I have ever met at this thing besides Chris from Turbo Prop.

Being a native of Broward County, I am also a Dolphins fan Poodle. I know it doesn't sound right and I should stick to my roots (whatever those may be). I've got a bunch of Dolphins memorobilia from when I was a kid.

GO COLTS!:yes: :yes: :yes:

Magicallbill
02-04-2007, 09:09 PM
Da Bears!

Class dismissed....

MP;
It was discussed a little last year about us playing the AOTH Party. I talked to Scott Boldt, but it wasn't seriously analyized.
We can't do it this year as we are already booked solid for that weekend.
We would be happy to consider it for '08. As far as pricing, I would have to talk with our management about it, but for you all, we would make it as reasonable as possible for all concerned.
If your really interested, we shouldn't wait all summer to figure it out,as our dates fill up kinda fast. I'll mention it to Scott again and see what he says.

MB.

hardcrab
02-04-2007, 09:15 PM
congratulations from a longtime BALTIMORE colts fan.

Magicallbill
02-04-2007, 11:34 PM
Thank you Hardcrab;
As I mentioned awhile back, I wish all of the fans had your outlook.
All the years the Patriots beat us.. They deserved to win..They had the plan.

This year, everyone wrote us off, and when we had bad streches, we hung in and fixed the problems..
Peyton and the guys deserved this..Just like Tom Brady did,and Elway years before.
As performers, we have noticed a great vibe and attitude in our crowds..They have been happy and upbeat and optimistic..Things like this pull everyone together and the effect ripples thru all aspects of "Life In Indy."
It is a refreshing change not have to hear all the bad stuff on the news every time one hits the remote.
Life will return to normal, as it should, but interludes like this are positive for everyone.
One a final note, I thought it was cool of Jim Irsay to pledge the Colt's help toward the Fla. tornado victims during his victory address. It was classy that they were remembered and mentioned thru all the celebration and craziness.

realbold
02-05-2007, 07:31 AM
Da Bears!
Been wrong before, congrats to the Colts.

FISHIN SUCKS
02-05-2007, 09:21 AM
Thanx for the support hardcrab, that's got to be a hard pill to swallow ever since 1984.

I knew it was wise not to speak to soon realbold, especially after Hester launched into full TD mode on the very first play. Man the 'F' bombs were flyin' at the party we were at last night.

You know, because we have not made it to the big game before in this state, maybe some of you in other big cities experience this, but they delayed our schools 2 hours today so that people could watch the game. It was not a weather thing, strictly the game (friend of ours is a teacher).

Sorry I won't get to meet ya this year at the AOTH, MB. Maybe next year.

Magicallbill
02-07-2007, 01:09 AM
FS;
We'll do some weekday runs from time-to-time/
Grizz and I are gonna meet up sometime..
Jerry Eisele and Co. will be getting with us..
Carl C. and I are gonna try to meet in Michigan..
Tony and I have talked about a mid-week Michigan trip also.

We'll figure it out..Obviously we've got plenty of "old Time" stories to swap.
Give me some specifics on the tape you sent to Duke..
How long ago?
Title? I'll try to find out what happened..Duke remembers a lot of that stuff.
Oh, as of last Sat. Nite, there were over 80,000 downloads of the "Blue Sunday" Song.
Take care,

MB.

FISHIN SUCKS
02-07-2007, 05:47 AM
FS;
MB.
Hey MB,

We actually sent our DVD we made to Bob and Tom called 'Homeless Olympx' back in 2004 (around May). we had a local band up here called 'The Wailhounds' do all of our music and the thing lasted about 59 minutes. We thought for sure we would hear back from them either good bad or indifferent but to no avail. Younger crowds seem to really like it, my role was the 'Master of Ceremonies'. If you thought you would have an interest in having a copy, I can arrange it.

Barbi and I have some property on Jimmerson Lake (Angola, IN, connected to Lake James) where we keep the Blackwidow. The weekends can get pretty crazy at the sandbar, but during the week is rather pleasant. Let me know if you would ever want to hook up. There is only one other Donzi on the chain (21 regazza). Once in a great while a z22 will show up but that's it. Take Care and keep in touch,

tom aka FS