PDA

View Full Version : Homeowner Shoots Home Invaders....FINALLY!

Carl C
02-01-2007, 11:16 AM
A little over a year ago I posted a thread about being upset because two young black men had twice broken into my home with the intention of ambushing and robbing me as I arrived home. They had followed me home from my store and figured out how to hike to my house a short distance through the back woods. The first attempt they gained entry through a window but tripped the alarm. Their second attempt a few months later they had the alarm figured out so they hiked in the same way (snow tracks) and broke out the same window but they were not ready to deal with my two German Shepherds in the house. Anyway, in the nearby city of Pontiac, which is near my business and where a lot of my customers come from, there has been a trio of young black men kicking in people's doors in the middle of the night and robbing them at gunpoint. At least two victims were beaten and one sexually assaulted. Well FINALLY someone was ready for them and shot one in the chest. (nice shot, but get a bigger gun!) Two of these guys match the description of the guys who tried to rob me. I will look into this further before contacting the detectives. I'm so glad someone finally stopped these guys and I hope some anti-gun folks saw this story. I wish they'd hit Rootsy's house because all three would no doubt be dead now! Not really, Jamie, but I do wish they were dead. I know this has nothing to do about boating but it's hard to think about boats when we're in the middle of a deep freeze!

joel3078
02-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Carl, you need to spend some time at an indoor gun range. 100-200 rounds per day is the recommended dosage.
Here is mine.

http://www.billsgs.com/modules.php?name=NukeWrap&page=ranges.html&height=4500

Carl C
02-01-2007, 01:36 PM
Carl, you need to spend some time at an indoor gun range. 100-200 rounds per day is the recommended dosage.
Here is mine.
http://www.billsgs.com/modules.php?name=NukeWrap&page=ranges.html&height=4500 We have a large sandpit in northern Michigan with a dirt hill backstop where people shoot. I don't like rules, such as most ranges won't allow rapid firing which is an important part of shooting practice. :fire: :uzi:

joel3078
02-01-2007, 02:44 PM
We have a large sandpit in northern Michigan with a dirt hill backstop where people shoot. I don't like rules, such as most ranges won't allow rapid firing which is an important part of shooting practice. :fire: :uzi:

Yup got the same thing at our cabin - shoot into a sand hill. Suprisingly enough, the indoor range I go to allows rapid fire. They also rent full auto machine guns. Lots of cops as well as self defense and tactical training courses are going on at the same time so rapid fire is okey dokey. They had to upgrade the air exchange system to handle all the lead that would be in the air. This is one of the main reasons many sites are no rapid fire. I like the outdoor shooting the best. After a couple hours of inside shooting, even with good ear muffs, I still get jumpy with all the noise. Guess I need more seat time at the range to get fully used to it.