PDA

View Full Version : It's gonna get real cold up here!!!

Carl C
02-01-2007, 09:40 AM
Split some firewood and keep those batteries charged cuz we're in for some real cold weather in Michigan! The coldest I remember was -17 F. Anyway, stay warm and think spring!

joel3078
02-01-2007, 10:45 AM
7°F below zero this morning here in MN. Will be -15 to -20 Sat and Sun nites. But what the hell, it's been a calk walk winter for us so far. Only 2 more months to go then it's spring. April 15th is average ice out day for my lake. Wonder if the sheriff will remember my boat from last year? YUP! :wink: Gonna have to buy mufflers or disable the Corsa system. God I luv that loud big block noise. :yes:

Morgan's Cloud
02-01-2007, 11:26 AM
At the risk of sounding like some poorly travelled yokel , the coldest I've ever felt was 32f and I thought my head was going to explode and my body shut down. Of course those things happened naturally later on. But I have no idea how you can bear that stuff !

joel3078
02-01-2007, 12:39 PM
Well kids, Florida and the rest of the deap south in the summer time ain't no treat. However, it is a great weight loss program and sweet tea is yummy. My sister moved to Mesa, AZ for a couple years while her hubby finished college. They told us stories about starting up the car in August early so you could turn on the AC and cool it down. Otherwise you would burn your legs, hands, butt, etc. getting into the car seats.

Morgan's Cloud
02-01-2007, 12:56 PM
:shocking:

Unfortunately that's the flip side of -0 temps that I know all too well.

realbold
02-01-2007, 06:28 PM
I have no idea how you can bear that stuff !
Grin and DON'T bear it!:biggrin:

SideshowRob
02-01-2007, 08:12 PM
-17. C'mon you can do better than that. It was about -20 (about -34 with windchill) all last week and the first part of this week. And I spent it all working outside. To be honest it doesn't really bother me, we were lucky though as it was sunny during that cold weather :eek!: Oh and yes I did convert those temps to Farenheit for you.
The coldest day I have ever experienced was -64 w/windchill. Lol, and I was fishing???? With no hut!
I think though that every person at least once in their life needs to hear and feel the noises a 350 makes when you ask it to start when it's -34.
Oh and just to further make you thankful you don't live here, they said on the radio that it's going to be really cold this weekend :cool: :bonk: :canada: :beer:

Diesel Dog
02-01-2007, 09:11 PM
10 pm 34 and falling fast. Spitting Snow as we speak

fishywishy
02-01-2007, 10:26 PM
I HATE to say this but it is 78 degrees F in Jamaica with clear sky and blue sea!

pmreed
02-01-2007, 10:26 PM
Hmmm. Down to 70.5...could get even lower tonight:wink:

Phil