PDA

View Full Version : A disgrace to America

MOP
01-28-2007, 06:04 AM
Normally I would not post something like this, I have been many places out of our country and have never felt so digraced by a fellow American! The name of Mark Smoat of Georgia should be remembered by all as an individual that should be banned from travel and locked up. Details are to long and to many to post! I am truely amased at the tolerance of the Costa Rican police and am pleased they are finally taking him away! THE GOOD PEOPLE OF GEORGIA remember this fool and chastise him if you know Mark Smoak is TRUE TRASH and a disgrace to your fine state.

Update he was finally thrown into the back of the police pickup truck and hauled away threatening to return and destroy the holtel, hopefully this ends it for us trying to enjoy our lives!

Mark Smoak
203 Wilburn Rd
Stateboro, GA

Phil An Ashamed American!

Jraysray
02-01-2007, 09:29 PM
Can I get a "Readers Digest" read on this from you? Whats up?

Carl C
02-02-2007, 09:42 AM
I was kind of puzzled by this too. I'll never be an ashamed American though!:wink:

maddad
02-02-2007, 01:49 PM
I'm guessing Phil was outside the U.S., and someone acted like a real jerk.
I've met and talked with Phil a few times, and can say it's not his M.O. to bash anyone unless they way more than deserve it.

MOP
02-04-2007, 11:07 AM
Mike you guessed it, was down in Costa Rica visiting and catching some warm! Anyway will try to keep this short, the guy I named above was the worst I have seen in years.

Day one drunk and just plain bad but did not last long.

Day two picks up a Tica in a bar drags her back to the hotel leaves the room for ice and she rips him off. Next morning pretty sober he fights with hotel owner wanting him to make good for the theft, obviously the hotel owner blows him off. He gets in his car and goes to the house the Tica showed him as hers pounds on the door for a long time then get pissed and rams his rental car into the house cops lock him up but free him after a few hours.

Day three 3 AM get woken up to this guy screaming and physically fighting with the hotel staff, the whole hotel was awake. The police came and helped to get him calmed down and back in his room at which point they left. 20 minutes later he somehow got up on the tin roofs and was running around screaming, after a few minutes jumped two stories down into the back court yards which is in the center of the block and wakes a ton of people up. Again the cops come this time they get him out wrestle him down and cuff at which point he filled his jeans and stunk so bad so they threw him in the back of the pickup and left. Last we heard they were considering declaring him "Persona Non Grata", this would serve him right, he had just bought a house in Grecia which he may never see again.

I was amazed at the restraint of both the hotel staff and the police, I did find out later that the police will sort of help but not step in while a troublesome person is on hotel property once on the street then they do their thing! This guy came through this with only minor scratches and bruises he should have broken a few bones!!!

I was told that if deemed "Persona Non Grata" the US police will be waiting for him at the airport not sure what happens on this end.

Other then the above CR was great as usual, we had a great WARM time, bummer having to come back to the COLD!

Phil

Tony
02-04-2007, 12:18 PM
I'll never be an ashamed American though!

Carl, I'm quite certain what Phil meant by this is that he is ashamed of some Americans...

:beer:

Carl C
02-04-2007, 05:59 PM
You're right, Tony, I know Mop bleeds red, white and blue. Phil, you need a new travel partner!