PDA

View Full Version : 28 sportsman 1967

joel mcqueen
01-26-2007, 09:51 PM
just bought a 28 sportsman would like to know more about the hull and how it performs and i know you guys out there know more about it than me i did not even know they made a 28 in 1967 until i got this one so tell me all you know please

David Hartmann
01-27-2007, 01:15 AM
just bought a 28 sportsman would like to know more about the hull and how it performs and i know you guys out there know more about it than me i did not even know they made a 28 in 1967 until i got this one so tell me all you know please

I don't know much but I think it would be pretty cool to see one in great shape. The 28 is one of Donzi's Famous hulls as is the 19' I think it was because they succesfully raced the boats. I am sure you will get a lot of responses I know everyone is going to want to see pictures.

falcon
01-29-2007, 03:39 PM
Please advise the power you have installed in the sportsman.

Formula Jr
01-29-2007, 05:34 PM
The sportsman is the hull that became everything we have about offshore.

I guess its about the story. If you have the boat and you have the story, then you have something to say. A 28 Sportsman puts you in that place.

Its just coin though. If you threw about 45K into it, drives and engines, you can run with the big dogs that paid in a lot more. And be out front. With the Sportman, its getting rid of the V drives entirely. The boat predates all the neat stuff that happened later.

Its at 75 that hull gets out of control. This dosn't matter.

You guys don't understand Geoo's old boat. And how it worked.

It was a hydrofoil at the drive.

scibby
02-05-2007, 03:25 PM
Check out my photo gallery on this site. You will find photos and some coments on the 28 Sportsman I used to own. Now owned by J&K Shahabs .

WA-LO
02-05-2007, 05:53 PM
I have a 67 sportsman, I only used it once and it was enough to convince me to completely restore it. There are several things I like and alot I dont like.
The biggest for me was the reverse rotation, There just isnt a big selection of
power packages that worked for me, it took alot of research to cure this issue
but I fixed that problem and I think when all is said and done I will have a
awsome boat that is a little more to my liking. I will easily have 100K in mine
thats insane for a boat that when its done probably wont be worth 25% of
the investment, but since DONZI insanity runs deep in my blood "4 of them"
its just the way it goes. Hope to be in the water in late spring!! I will get pics
as soon as I can.