PDA

View Full Version : corsican windshields- anyone?

RobF
01-26-2007, 09:47 AM
I was going to have a windshield made for the corsican, the original is in great shape to make a mold for a new one.

Anyone already have a mold or would there be any interest in more?

I wont re-sell them, just seeing if its worth it for the guys to bother making a mold to sell more later.

WA-LO
01-26-2007, 06:21 PM
I Would Buy A New One Mine Is Intact But Has Sun Fade.

BigGrizzly
01-27-2007, 10:27 AM
ME too.

BUIZILLA
01-27-2007, 02:23 PM
we have a guy down here that makes windshields, and all things plastic... I am certain he can make what is needed, but he needs a GOOD sample. He can duplicate ANYTHING. For instance, I would bet Wa-Lo didn't know the Scarab had a windshield and front cabin doors done by this guy.. far superior than Wellcraft factory did... I would like to take a Corsican screen to this guy for ****s and giggles and get his opinion, he's REALLY good at what he does.

JH

mphatc
01-28-2007, 09:32 AM
Guys,

I'll be building these shortly, using mine as a template.
Presently in process is one for Bill S , one for hull #16 and one for me.
We have enough of the original green lexan to do 1 more.

They will be built by a man who has previously done some OE style restorations with green lexan Donzi windshields for Hornets.
These were done for R. Weaver in ME.

Post here if you want one . . and I'll inquire for other lexan choices . .

Mario

WA-LO
01-28-2007, 12:39 PM
I need one for my Hornet and Corsican. Just let me know how much and where the check needs to go.
I will say I am impressed with with the scarabs that Jim had made along
with the boat canvis. I have a very happy family !!!!!

RobF
01-29-2007, 03:52 PM
the green one I have is in great condition- but its green and dont want that look anymore.
the original will go into storage while a updated one will go on the boat.

green lexan is readily availible if you wanted to do more green ones mario.

I am sending this one off to him, I need mine done in the next month or so and dont want to be delayed, I will tell him to make the mold and will pass the info along when its done to those who may want it.

BigGrizzly
01-29-2007, 05:09 PM
I need one

WA-LO
01-29-2007, 05:31 PM
I definetly want green if available whats the time frame?

mphatc
01-29-2007, 06:43 PM
If we're tooling up we'll make as many as needed . .

RobF . . who has the green lexan in the correct thickness and color? Others have tried to find the correct material with little luck . .please share!!!

I spoke with Dick Weaver tonight, the man who is going to make these has done several Green Hornet windshields . .so another shape / form shouldn't be a problem.

Right now the count is :

WA-Lo Hornet and Corsican
Big Grizzly Corsican
Bill S Corsican
Mario Corsican C18 32
Mario Corsican C18 16

i'm not doing this for profit, I cracked mine . . and C18 16 is a resto for a friend . . (this is the green /white boat from the Catskills a few years back)
The more we get the cheaper it is for everyone!

Mario

BigGrizzly
01-31-2007, 07:04 PM
Mario is smoke or clear available. Green on a blue boat isn't really as cool as clear or smoke.

mphatc
01-31-2007, 08:41 PM
Randy,

I am trying to buy more lexan as we speak . .

From a 4 x 8 sheet one can get 2 Corsican windshields . .
happy to try and find other colors! clear is probably easy, smoke I'll inquire
How about blue?

Also been thinking of a windshield with a curled forward upper edge like the early 22 windscreen . . I often find myself holding my hand on the top of the windshield to deflect the wind. I am 6' 2" and the wind hits me right in the eyes . .any desires?
After riding in an early 22 and moving my face around at speed behind the windshield that flap really works!

I'll post information as soon as I have answers.

Mario

BigGrizzly
02-01-2007, 05:36 PM
Smoke or clear, wife isn't into blue she wants a contrast to her blue eyes.

mphatc
02-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Randy and others,
we can get more lexan,
blue
Clear
and a smoke gray or smoke bronze . .
maybe yellow

We're looking for more green . .

I will be getting together with Bruce next week so that we can start on the Corsican windshields . .

Who else . .
Any oher boats . .
Hornet?

Rob F are you in on this??

Mario

BigGrizzly
02-07-2007, 07:26 PM
I'm up for the smoke gray, but bronze isn't bad.

RobF
02-07-2007, 07:29 PM
would be a smoked, also would need to know the price

if I dont have to ship out this original one to be duplicated it would let me sleep better at night

smoothie
02-08-2007, 08:21 AM
While your at it...you may want to throw in the Minx windshield without the frame,,,its also a tricky one. My buddy needs new side pcs.

WA-LO
02-08-2007, 08:34 AM
I will need one for my 28 sportsman I will need to ship Im sure, I need to get the frame polished though before I can ship I would like this one in clear.

mphatc
02-17-2007, 08:01 AM
Bump

I'm off to see the lexan man this morning . . . more info later today.

Mario

WA-LO
02-17-2007, 10:18 AM
Awsome lets get this going!!!!

mphatc
02-17-2007, 08:19 PM
Wa-lo,

get your frame polished and find a way to ship it knocked down, we can re- assemble it to fab your windshield . . and let me know ASAP on thickness required for the 28 Sportsman . .

Corsican Owners . . . These are way too easy . . no heat or mold for bending, just install starting on center . .
I'll have prices midweek.

Smoothie,
Your buddies Minx . . can we get a side piece for a sample / template?
And what about the front center?

Mario

RobF
02-18-2007, 10:46 PM
im assuming 1/4" if your thinking it can be bent on the boat?

wanted to go with 3/8" if possible

Tim Morris
02-19-2007, 06:57 AM
Mario

Yes! What about the front center? I'm interested in that!

mphatc
02-19-2007, 07:32 AM
A Corsican windshield's stock thickness is 3/16" , 3/8" IMO is huge and would require heat and building a mold to bend it to . . . very pricey . . I suggest buying a spare 3/16", are you afraid of breaking one?

Tim,
Minx . . can you get us all three pieces left and right side along withthe front middle? Also, how thick is the present windshield?

Mario

smoothie
02-19-2007, 07:51 AM
Wa-lo,
get your frame polished and find a way to ship it knocked down, we can re- assemble it to fab your windshield . . and let me know ASAP on thickness required for the 28 Sportsman . .
Corsican Owners . . . These are way too easy . . no heat or mold for bending, just install starting on center . .
I'll have prices midweek.
Smoothie,
Mario

Sure...I'll talk to him today.

Tim Morris
02-20-2007, 09:02 AM
Tim,
Minx . . can you get us all three pieces left and right side along withthe front middle? Also, how thick is the present windshield?
Mario

Thanks Mario,
It's possible, but not for a few (6-8) weeks. Boat is marina stored about
a hundred miles away. Some of you guys may want to move on this a
little sooner. It seems to me, thickness was more than 1/4". When
Mr. Carter's health improves a little, I'll ask him, or maybe Cuda could
check his - I'll ask.

RobF
02-20-2007, 09:53 AM
A Corsican windshield's stock thickness is 3/16" , 3/8" IMO is huge and would require heat and building a mold to bend it to . . . very pricey . . I suggest buying a spare 3/16", are you afraid of breaking one?
Tim,
Mario

3/8" looks so much richer.
the thin stuff looks like crap to me, I would also worry about the top of it wanting to stay straight and not flowing smoothly if it was just a flat piece bent on the boat with no heat.

smoothie
02-21-2007, 07:57 AM
Sure...I'll talk to him today.

He has plywood patterns for the sides...not willing to take off and ship the center front pc...and as always how much will it cost...Btw the sides are 3/8" thick smoked.

Tim Morris
02-21-2007, 08:06 AM
It seems to me, thickness was more than 1/4". When
Mr. Carter's health improves a little, I'll ask him.

Well Mr. Carter didn't miss a beat. Health issues or not, he's on
top of his game. He thinks the Minx windshield is 3/8" thick -
so do I.

mphatc
02-22-2007, 07:06 PM
Wa-Lo
we have enough material to make green one for you . .
Randy
I'm getting a price on smoke gray, the lighter of the two shades available.
We can make 2 Corsicans from one sheet . . do you want 2 windshields?
How about a lower one so that you can feel the wind in your eyes like us tall guys . .:wink:

I've had several folks ask about the 3/16" material installed and shipped w/o heat forming . . and discussed this with the lexan man . .
in his words , because the flat template is a crescent shape, and wraps around a long curve that has no flat or straight section it will follow that form. No staying straight . . I will take one of my green ones and install it on my boat to prove this to myself, as I also asked the question when told how he would be making these.

to make these from heavier material will be very expensive as a mold to form the lexan over will have to be built . . .

Wa-Lo . . you also inquired about the 28 Sportsman . . isn't the form similar to the Corsican, but framed as it is much larger, layed out flat it would be
a crescent . . but split in half for the center support?

Tim,
from what I understand you desire to use plywood templates . . which should be fine, but we'll need something that replicates the corners . .

Mario

BigGrizzly
02-22-2007, 07:27 PM
Stock high please, I'm 5' 8". My seat is high since it was the last Corsican John at the originally did. I really need only one but If I have to take 2. Smoke is smoke, wife likes darker but any is fine. As for thickness 3/8 is too thick on that design. Mario let me know cost.

smoothie
02-23-2007, 10:01 AM
Wa-Lo
we have enough material to make green one for you . .
Randy
I'm getting a price on smoke gray, the lighter of the two shades available.
We can make 2 Corsicans from one sheet . . do you want 2 windshields?
How about a lower one so that you can feel the wind in your eyes like us tall guys . .:wink:
I've had several folks ask about the 3/16" material installed and shipped w/o heat forming . . and discussed this with the lexan man . .
in his words , because the flat template is a crescent shape, and wraps around a long curve that has no flat or straight section it will follow that form. No staying straight . . I will take one of my green ones and install it on my boat to prove this to myself, as I also asked the question when told how he would be making these.
to make these from heavier material will be very expensive as a mold to form the lexan over will have to be built . . .
Wa-Lo . . you also inquired about the 28 Sportsman . . isn't the form similar to the Corsican, but framed as it is much larger, layed out flat it would be
a crescent . . but split in half for the center support?
Tim,
from what I understand you desire to use plywood templates . . which should be fine, but we'll need something that replicates the corners . .
Mario
The 3/8" THICK plywood templates that my buddy has is already fitted,drilled and mounted to the boat...should just have to cut plastic to size of templates and drill,unless Im missing something....

Tim Morris
02-23-2007, 10:40 AM
Tim,
Mario

Not me. That came from Smoothie. Should be fine for the side pcs.
Side pcs are flat, 3/8" smoked.

Front centre is a ton more complicated, I would think it needs a mould
and heat.

I think I'm on the sidelines for now.

smoothie
02-23-2007, 10:57 AM
I agree Tim...that front pc will be a bugger...with the curl on top like in your pic:yes:

CHACHI
02-23-2007, 11:03 AM
The 3/8" THICK plywood templates that my buddy has is already fitted,drilled and mounted to the boat...should just have to cut plastic to size of templates and drill,unless Im missing something....What a great looking interior.
Ken

mphatc
02-23-2007, 08:00 PM
Alright . . you Minx guys have me all confuuuused :bonk: :confused:

who wants what ?????

side pieces, easy . . .

front . . can't be done w/o one of two things . .

1. the boat, or another Minx . .
(There is a Minx on Winni like this, so one is close b, just need to ID the owner, he's been on Donzi,net and is from Massachuesetts)
2. The center piece

The curl is the easiest part of this, the corners are the hard part

I'm actually thinking of making a Corsican with a curl like that . . cause I'm not as height challanged as Randy . . :) :wink:

can't believe I wrote that, I never met the guy, I hope he has a sense of humor . .

Mario

BigGrizzly
02-26-2007, 11:37 AM
Yes as 5' 7" I am challenged by road trip and Bryan Truvel. Humor I have Hight I don't. I am what I am and thats all that I am. You will meet me. Anyway I sent you an E-mail.

Scott Pearson
02-26-2007, 06:55 PM
I had mine done in Maine. His work is flawless. You know the saying...you get what you pay for. It will run between $300.00 and $400.00 to have him do one. This doesnt include the lexan or hardware. Just labor.

mphatc
02-26-2007, 07:01 PM
Scott,

Just to qualify your statement . .that's a Hornet windshield you had done . . right . .?

Mario

Scott Pearson
02-27-2007, 05:13 PM
Mario,
Yes.:)

tom freeman
07-21-2007, 09:10 PM
Guys,
They will be built by a man who has previously done some OE style restorations with green lexan Donzi windshields for Hornets.
Mario

if this is still an active endevor i would be very interested in a corsican shield. also what were the original side hatches made out of.

tom freeman
07-21-2007, 09:12 PM
Guys,
Mario
if this is still an active endevor i would be very interested in a corsican shield. also what were the original side hatches made out of.

tom freeman
07-21-2007, 09:13 PM
where can i get one

BigGrizzly
07-22-2007, 10:43 AM
Except for Corsican number "1" which was originally Teak they were fiberglass. I don't if Mario is still doing it. He was dissatisfied with the ones he had made for me. I am happy with them. Mario is extremely anal about quality, especially when he does it for someone else. I got two smoke, and have one boat. The other option is Poodle has a guy who is I think doing Wa-Lo"s.

WA-LO
07-22-2007, 10:55 AM
Tom are you missing your side locker covers??

mphatc
07-22-2007, 07:49 PM
I have more green lexan and can make you one . .

call me for details

Mario L
603-228-2888 or email Mario@vsr1.com

Rob M
07-23-2007, 06:34 AM
Hi Mario:
I need a windshield for my Corsican also - do you have enough green lexan for another (in addition to Tom's)

BigGrizzly
07-23-2007, 10:08 AM
Again, I am happy with the ones Mario had made for me. Some of the stuff I have seen is down right bad. Also remember Mario has an original one for a template. If he has the Lexan there you go. Since I have seen both Poodles guy and Mario's guy either will do the job. One thing I will say On my Criterion Poodles guy did a fantastic job, compound bends and decreasing radius and the complexity of the wind shields. e too had an original to copy.

tom freeman
07-26-2007, 06:39 PM
I got the decals from richard weaver they are great i got white backgrounded decals flags and the corsica dude flag, i also got silver logo decals as i am not sure which way is more original doe anyone know?

i would like to buy a smoke windshield from you

My boat has teak shi hatch covers, i do not know my hull number i crawed under the bow but no can see any numbers maybe they r on the foward side of the lifting ring bulkhead and my head will not fit.

so if any one has any thoughts.....

tlf

tom freeman
07-26-2007, 06:45 PM
Tom are you missing your side locker covers??
my covers are teak and varnished, they were on the boat like that when i bought it... i refinished them and at this point everything else on the boat. i do think they would look better in fiber glass... do you have covers tom@freemanmiami.net 9545939398

BigGrizzly
07-26-2007, 06:46 PM
Tom, I need the Corsican flag too I need Richard's number to contact him. I will let you know on the wind shield once I mount it and it is fin and I don't need the spare. Should be on this weekend. After all it is lexan and is at least twice as strong as the plexie. The trak hatches were very early option.

tom freeman
07-26-2007, 06:47 PM
Again, I am happy with the ones Mario had made for me. Some of the stuff I have seen is down right bad. Also remember Mario has an original one for a template. If he has the Lexan there you go. Since I have seen both Poodles guy and Mario's guy either will do the job. One thing I will say On my Criterion Poodles guy did a fantastic job, compound bends and decreasing radius and the complexity of the wind shields. e too had an original to copy.

how do i contact these guys

tom freeman
07-26-2007, 06:50 PM
I have more green lexan and can make you one . .
call me for details
Mario L
603-228-2888 or email Mario@vsr1.com

my boat is white the green may not work what do u think

BigGrizzly
07-26-2007, 06:55 PM
Its your choice, mine is blue sides blue deck with a white walk around.withan all white interior with blue piping.

tom freeman
07-26-2007, 07:00 PM
Tom, I need the Corsican flag too I need Richard's number to contact him. I will let you know on the wind shield once I mount it and it is fin and I don't need the spare. Should be on this weekend. After all it is lexan and is at least twice as strong as the plexie. The trak hatches were very early option.

well i am interested in the windsheld
what are trac hatches... do you mean teak
richard weaver..he was very cool and shipped them in a few days he is not an email guy call him
what is the correct logo for the rear of the boat silver or black on white,
also is there a logo on the deck by the windshield

his number is 207 636 2133
mine is 954 593 9398
my email is [email]tom@freemanmiami.net

BigGrizzly
07-26-2007, 07:07 PM
Thanks tom I will contact you when my wind shield is attached. The correct logo for the stern id black letters on a white background.

tom freeman
07-26-2007, 07:10 PM
i would like one of these corsican windshields

tom@freemanmiami.net

tom freeman
07-26-2007, 07:13 PM
Thanks tom I will contact you when my wind shield is attached. The correct logo for the stern id black letters on a white background.

great please call and or email, thanks for the direction on the stern id as well.

are these ski hatches (Teak) an original option or some sort of custom add on ... your thoughts?/

BigGrizzly
07-26-2007, 07:22 PM
Actually Corsican no! had teak from the factory and Ken told me he changed them to the later style My Corsican is number 45 and still has the tag affixed behind the rear cushion. when I painted the boat I painted around it, just for that reason. I will sell it to you as soon as I mount mine without issues.

tom freeman
07-26-2007, 11:36 PM
Tom, does your boat have a late model Volvo powerplant in it?? Originally blue/white??
FWIW, I have heard of several folks losing their hatches on these boats.. The hinges are weak, hatches disappear when running..

my corsican was well hard to say navy once and light blue when i bought it, it has a 290a volvo and a 350 chevy now, i have painted it all white for now.

it is finally all systems go.

WA-LO
07-27-2007, 08:20 AM
Back in 95 a friend of mine bought a 28 apache so I went down with him to
the Apach factory
and while there, out in the back there was a all black corsican with a volvo
Edrive it was pretty rough but all there you ever run into it Scott ?

tom freeman
07-27-2007, 06:40 PM
I believe thats the one that hung on Davits on Miami Beach for years and years then.. Somewhere I may have some pics of it from then, cant find em right now. If it is, it sold with the house to Irv Levine wo used it once, suffered a breakdown and sold it.. Cool boat. The original owner had a lot of documentation including brochures etc, are they still with it??
Do you have the hull #??
i lived on palm island and was in the throws of Donzi addiction. i had a couple of outboards a sweet 16 and a san tropez that was chopped. so as you know crappy sound. so i kept eying Burn Levines boat rotting for years on the davit. so i wrote him a letter offering to buy it, 8 months later he came over to my house and said make me an offer... long story short i fixed it up and then blew the engine. I did NOT get any paperwork with the boat and can not for the life of me find that hull number. I crawed under the bow again today and nothing. well I painted it white, now i know better, at least with white i can get her back to classic. anyway i am blown away you knew that was my boat. It is all fixed up again new engine new trim and tilt and of course new decals. all i need is a new windshield now. are you from miami as well.:dolphin::boat::lightning

tom freeman
07-27-2007, 07:09 PM
so you are from miami,
do you donzi, if so maybe we could meet on the water some day.

also i see you are in the trailer business amoung others, my boat rests on an old sweet 16 trailer, can you tell me wher to get her rebuilt.

mphatc
07-27-2007, 08:31 PM

Randy,
that's the first Corsican I have heard of with a white background and black letters . .
Every Corsican I have seen had the brushed silver letters with black edging / border . . and the Donzi lertters are smaller than the standard 18 Classic or 16'

Scott,

I believe it was numberr 56 that showed up in Canada . . red & white seats IRC
very nice condition . . .

I'm a bit surprised how many are still surviving . . I suspect that after a we dig a bit more we'll have 75% of the fleet ID'd . . WOW!!

Mario . . .always learning

tom freeman
07-27-2007, 08:36 PM
OOPs, forgot to answer that, sorry. I'm in Pinecrest, work just South of Aventura..
Theres a trailer place in Ft Lauderdale that repairs trailers, right by Bass Pro, but I do not know their name.. DO NOT use Torino here in town.. If the boat is on a 16 traile, you really should conside upgrading to one that fits properly. I'd hate to se the hull get racked..
We usually launch at Matheson or Black Point.. I'll ping ya next time we splash something, which if this rain lets u might be Sunday.. :)

yeah i know that trailer guy i think that is where i will take it. i will buy a new trailer soon as well. sunday might be good, i am familiar with pinecrest.... i grew up there, went to palmetto jr and high school in the 70's

mphatc
07-27-2007, 08:43 PM
hmmmmmm

like I said , always learning . . .

I can't tell from the scanned image, is that boat black? or dark green?
It's early as it has the metal script . . but IRC the NY Boat show boat was #1 , black with all gold hardware . . ? Can anyone confirm?

Mario

tom freeman
07-27-2007, 09:24 PM
ooh, thats scary.. I skipped Palmetto jr and sr in the early 70's, grew up at 122 and Ludlum...
i grew up on 72nd ave and 108 terr

i knew lots of folks by where you lived
i graduated in 73

WA-LO
07-28-2007, 08:23 AM
Scott I have a freind up in tennessee that has a complete edrive and a extra lower . he replaced it with a duoprop drive because of problems proping. I think he will give it to me, do you need one for a project next trip up I will
see if I can bring it back to Fla.

mphatc
07-28-2007, 09:52 AM
Green in the brochure...
I believe Kens boat has the gold hardware...

Scott,

I'm sure you're right on Ken's boat. Bill has mentioned this to me.

I believe I'm correct here . . if not straighten me out, and beat me on the head . . The one in the folder in green was bought new by Alex Matheson ( once a member here) right after the NY boat show in 1968. H&M 302 / Volvo 250. At the time he lived on Long Island and it is a very early hull number. I recall him telling me that it was brochure boat . . that boat is in southern FL now, after many years on Winni, and Lake Sunapee in NH, and was shown on the old Donzi Marine website at a gathering a few years back . .

Tom, someone mentioned that you had teak hatches . . the other boat here in NH that I dragged back from NY has wood hatches. The problem with the hinges is that most were cast aluminum, but the original design is available in chrome pated bronze . . just a bit more money.

Do you have the small chrome hand rails? These are unique to the Corsican and NLA . . I will be having these recast in bronze as we need a set for the other boat.

Mario

BigGrizzly
07-28-2007, 10:55 AM
That green boat was boat 002 and was at one of the Eufaula events. He has another one that was lost to a hurricane. or number 2 was lost and he still has 3 0or number four. He was also at the universal studio first rally.

BigGrizzly
07-28-2007, 11:12 AM
The original rails were chrome plated brass with a wooden dowel inserted for strength. I found the same stainless steel tube used for oxygen delivery in hospitals and polished it up and replaced my bent ones but the brackets need help. Funny my Criterion has the same type hand rails made in 1981. I don't know what is going on with the decals but Mike miller gave me a color negitive from the original brochures and they are black and white and on a yellow boat. My boat had the original decals on it and they were black on white too, Knowing what Donzi back then this doesn't surprise me in the least! Check with Wa-lo see what he has on his. Back in the days people would change the decals like the guys would put 327 chevy flags on 6 cylinders. Need to sign off as my son is coming over to help me put on my new wind shield, wish me luck!

BigGrizzly
07-28-2007, 05:24 PM
The windshield is on no real issues, but both my suns helped. I sandes the edges since it wasn't done from the guy, it looks almost polished when sanded with 220 or 320. too lazy to wet sand or polish the edges. Thanks Mario for the help on getting the wind shields may you actually helped two of us we will see.

BUIZILLA
07-28-2007, 05:38 PM
Griz... you REALLY should change that fuel line.... and air filter element... :wink::yes:

BigGrizzly
07-28-2007, 05:50 PM
The fuel line will be changed but it is legal and you don't see what is inside of the filter. This poor boat has been run hard and still comes back for more. this is one of the best boats I have ever had. I have actually changed more cans in this boat than props. I only put the picture to show Mario the CMI exhausts. That was quite a project but I am glad I did, still has the Ford 351 Cleveland in it and the vin plates are still there, or should that be BIN (boat identification numbers).

BUIZILLA
07-28-2007, 06:33 PM
actually, that hose is not legal... it has to be USCG blue or black from pump to carb... it looks a little frayed by the clamp.. but hey, I was just trying to help keep ya alive Griz... :yes:

tom freeman
07-28-2007, 08:47 PM
i went with the decals just as they are on the yellow corsican pictured in the sales photo, got them from richard weaver. my side ski hatches are teak with cast hindges.

the blue corsiacn with the new windshield is beautiful, and I do need a windshield, my boat has a custom thing that looks like crap compared to your new one.

the rails or handles i have are along side of these ski hatches no on top of the hatch.

BigGrizzly
07-29-2007, 09:15 AM
Tom sent you an E-mail about the wind shields and props. Some how the first picture disappeared I will add it. Buzz I though the air cleaner was fine it is still white inside:wink::bonk::bonk:. One nice thing about that garage is when it rains I can still work. Mario had mine built from his which was original and out of Lexan. I had two made to use up the Lexan sheet.

WA-LO
07-29-2007, 09:26 AM
Tom if you need a windshield, poodle is picking mine up sometime and his
guy in miami is going to build it ,mine is original so the pattern should be
the same.

tom freeman
07-29-2007, 05:52 PM
Randy,

Thanks for you advice and follow up.
The prop I have is to the best of my knowledge as follows
Michigan wheel 82015 what ever that means, this is from OLD notes when the hub went when I tested the boat like 6 years ago.
Mad poodle Scott was as it turns out was trying to buy the same boat I ended up buying, small world.
Anyway it is 15x 21 alum. Prop with “regular rotation”

The engine that I put in the boat (it is a temp until I build a new one but that may take a year... is a 350 Chevy not high HP... small 4 barrel, so say like 240 to 260 Hp, flat out tilted 9 degrees it is at 4300 RPM, the old engine that blew up would turn like 5500, so what do you think.

I DO WANT A WINDSHIELD so please advise on whom to contact.

Again many thanks

Tom
954 593 9398
tom@freemanmiami.net

tom freeman
07-29-2007, 06:03 PM
your boat looks great by the way.
what is that crome post between the seats... is it a post to help you get up from the seat without grabin the windshield?
i will take some pic's of my boat this week and post them... but she is not as slick as yours. but maybe some day she will be:propeller:

BigGrizzly
07-29-2007, 07:34 PM
That is a reflection from the lifting ring, nothing between the seats. Once I am in it I stay there until I get home:wink:. I never grab the windshield I use the seat or grab rail.