PDA

View Full Version : Lightning (sp??) Headers

undertaker
01-25-2007, 08:36 PM
Lightning Headers vs CMI'S for a 496 MAG HO have heard some good things about them...what are some of your opinions. :) :)

Undertaker:bonk: :pimp:

Dr. Dan
01-26-2007, 11:01 AM
:eek!: Look when ya can have the Best why mess with the Rest?

Johnny Cochran

Get the Friggin CMI's and be the Pimp Daddy you are..... stop the pain, have you been hanging with Dwight again?

Denny Crane :wink:
Anonymous Attorney

LKSD
01-26-2007, 11:58 AM
Ed, The Cmi is a bit trendier & a little more refined.. After the price increase at the turn of the year there is a noticable cost difference.. If money is no object I would go CMI, or stellings for an all out header. As far as the Lightning we have installed & sold them before. They are a good unit for the money We have been a distributor of thiers for quite a while & no complaints on them.. They also buld the headers for Hardin marine.. That is why they look similar.. Lightning also has a switchable system available.. :)

If you are still considering exh for the 496 I have something that may be right up your alley. It is dyno proven, no welds to break, should be starting around 2-3k in parts cost and will be lighter & fancier than the stock merc set up!! It is currently taking the Mag Ho's to 475-478hp & 548ft lbs of tq at the crank (not prop).. The std mags are getting a little less. Dana Marine is releasing a new manifold system that is much like a header & looks really mean. It should be great for single engines, However for twin engines that have tight clearances between them this may not be the best thing for due to the thickness of the units only..

FYI, I am planning on it for my new ride next off season..

Jamie :)

undertaker
01-26-2007, 04:09 PM
:eek!: Look when ya can have the Best why mess with the Rest?
Johnny Cochran
Get the Friggin CMI's and be the Pimp Daddy you are..... stop the pain, have you been hanging with Dwight again?
Denny Crane :wink:
Anonymous Attorney

Doc that is scary I do sound like I have been hanging with Dwight:) :bonk: . I NEED MORE POWER to hang with the Doctor.....:eek!: :eek!: Sorry it has been a LONG week vaporizing bodies:) :)

Undertaker:pimp:

undertaker
01-26-2007, 04:11 PM
Ed, The Cmi is a bit trendier & a little more refined.. After the price increase at the turn of the year there is a noticable cost difference.. If money is no object I would go CMI, or stellings for an all out header. As far as the Lightning we have installed & sold them before. They are a good unit for the money We have been a distributor of thiers for quite a while & no complaints on them.. They also buld the headers for Hardin marine.. That is why they look similar.. Lightning also has a switchable system available.. :)
If you are still considering exh for the 496 I have something that may be right up your alley. It is dyno proven, no welds to break, should be starting around 2-3k in parts cost and will be lighter & fancier than the stock merc set up!! It is currently taking the Mag Ho's to 475-478hp & 548ft lbs of tq at the crank (not prop).. The std mags are getting a little less. Dana Marine is releasing a new manifold system that is much like a header & looks really mean. It should be great for single engines, However for twin engines that have tight clearances between them this may not be the best thing for due to the thickness of the units only..
FYI, I am planning on it for my new ride next off season..
Jamie :)

Jaime, thanks for the info...we shall talk:yes: :yes:

Undertaker:propeller

LKSD
01-27-2007, 12:51 AM
Jaime, thanks for the info...we shall talk:yes: :yes:
Undertaker:propeller

Youre welcome... :) Jamie :convertib

BigGrizzly
01-27-2007, 10:24 AM
I'm with Doc. Harding does work well and look pretty cool. However they don't have the cool collar at that CMI has to retard possible cracking at the mounts.