PDA

View Full Version : Brotherly love

Cuda
01-25-2007, 03:53 PM
This is the first time I've seen my two boys lay together like this since before they were a year old. They are seven years old now. The one dog lost his leg, so I thought to cheer him up, I'd get one of his brothers. I've broken up some bad viscious fights between them over the years, and once, I damn near got my thumb bit off trying to break them up. I caught one by the collar, reached for the other one's collar, and missed. The one I missed was trying to bite the neck of the one right where I was holding him. Two male bulldogs is not a good mix. That was several years ago, and now, if I even hear one of them growl, I jump on them quickly. I know they have gotten into fights when I have them in the garage alone by the battle scars.

Anyway, here they lay right behind me.
I don't think they were a year old when I took the second picture.

wrussellw
01-25-2007, 05:59 PM
Had a tripod Springer. She lost her leg at about 3 months. They had to remove ribs and the shoulder. Dam if the remaining front leg didn't shift toward the middle of her chest over the years. Dog could run with the best of them and was a regular escape artist. Used to get out and head down to a restaurant by my house. She would flop around like she couldn't walk and people would feed her their leftovers. Quite the actress.

Also made a great pirate at Mardi Gras, toilet plunger and bandana was also she needed for a costume.

p729lws
01-25-2007, 06:04 PM
Cool stories! I think about getting a buddy for our weiner dog but with my luck they would be at each others throats also.

Dan

Cuda
01-25-2007, 06:48 PM
Here is Bandit just before he lost his leg. It was terrible, happened right in front of me. One of my guys was at my house and rushed us to my vet. I was so distraught, I couldn't even tell them my name, but the lady vet recognized me, because just a couple months earlier, I had lost a puppy to Parvo. She later told me that she thought to herself, "Oh no, not this poor guy again". I didn't know whether to try to save him, or have him put to sleep. He was in a lot of pain. The doctor said he'd feel much better after she took the leg off, it was hanging by the skin only. She also told me there was no stigma in the dog world for being three legged. I brought him home the next day.

Barry Eller
01-26-2007, 05:46 AM
Our Boys:
Spot and Chico, our Cocker Spaniel and Chihuahua, are inseparable. When Spot goes to the groomers, Chico has to sit up on the grooming table with him or he howls like a Coyote.