PDA

View Full Version : 1969 18' 2+3 Parts or whole boat for sale

jeffb
01-24-2007, 06:17 PM
I prevoiusly threaded this a a sweet 16 2+3. My stupidity. I actually have a 1966 18' Donzi hull and deck with no motor or drive. The boat is yellow with white trim. It has the original vents, gauge cluster, steering wheel, grab rails and seat pedestals. There is no motor or drive, however the transom housing is there with the screw volvo trim motor. Not sure if the trim motor works, it looks like it is in good shape. The hull and stringers appear to be in good shape with no soft spots. The floor and back seet have some soft spots. I can walk on the deck (265 lbs) with the deck holding me up with a little flex in front of the driver and passenger bulkhead. It has the three part engine hatch. The hatches are in good shape. They are light and I would be afraid to walk on them, however they are all in 1 piece without any cracks. There are no mounting brackets with the hatches. It is currently sitting on an all alluminum float on trailer. One of the members has a small bend in it that the local trailer place said to just put a car jack on it and it will bend into place. I plan on doing that this weekend. The trailer pulled the boat 1.5 hrs at 80mph all the way home with no problems. I am thinking about parting out or selling the boat and the trailer seperately or as one complete package. What ever the best offer is. Also it comes with 3 original props in good shape and the volvo nose cone. I am not sure what it is all worth. If anyone has any idea I would be reseptive to what they say. Send me an e-mail and we can discuss. Boat is in Montverde, Fl just west of Orlando. $2,000 obo

broozer
01-24-2007, 06:52 PM
hey I am interested in guages, throttle steering wheel, let me know thanks bruce

jeffb
01-24-2007, 07:35 PM
no throttle. sorry. I believe someone may be interested in the whole package,possible not interested in steering wheel and guages.

rustnrot
01-24-2007, 08:17 PM
OK, I'll toss out the first pitch. $1000 for everything as-is including the trailer. $500 for the bare hull ( with top deck and hatches) with only the vents and seat pedestals included and no trailer.

jeffb
01-25-2007, 06:15 AM
Pitch was a little high and tight. You know it is worth more than that. Make me a realistic offer and it is yours.

vonkamp
01-25-2007, 09:21 AM
Pitch was a little high and tight. You know it is worth more than that. Make me a realistic offer and it is yours.

Pictures are worth a 1000 words. :yes:

sda811
01-25-2007, 10:01 AM
I am interested. Please post photos of all. $1500.00 if I like what I see.

jeffb
01-25-2007, 10:04 AM
I'm working on it. If the rain will stop. Here is an old one from when I first got it. It looks better now.

jeffb
01-25-2007, 04:47 PM
Here are some pics I took today. They are a little dark. It was cloudy.[26796 Will sell all for $2,000.00 obo. Going in boat trader in 2 weeks.

BERTRAM BOY
01-27-2007, 11:14 PM
Uhh, that's not a '69.......it's a '66.

jeffb
01-28-2007, 07:49 PM
How do you know that?. I was told when I bought it that it was a 69, however the guy I bought it from was loosing his mind. I will edit the thread based on your reply. Thanks, Do you think it is priced right? I have no clue on what it is worth.

BERTRAM BOY
01-28-2007, 09:01 PM
Because it's a triple hatch barrelback.

GeneD
02-01-2007, 05:46 AM
My God!
This is one great deal, and you guys are sniveling over price?:eek!:
When I bought 007:lightning , I paid $1800 for it - over the phone! I had ONE picture of it, black and white...about an inch by an inch. When I showed up, it was on top of a crappy galv trailer. The boat didn't have a single thing in it. Not even a screw. I had to tie the deck down with rope to get it home...in fact...it fell off that trailer in the middle of the street going around a turn on US-1!!!! My buddy and I picked it up and put it back on the trailer.:eek!:
This boat was probably titled in '69, but it's definitely a '66 - no mistaking it.
I'll buy the damn thing if no one is making a move on it...:yes:

I love the smileys...:cool!:

Also, recently, Chris A told me that they made 100's of triple hatches. I can't believe that this is true, as I only know of a handful. Anyone got a number on that?

Rootsy
02-01-2007, 06:23 AM
My God!
This is one great deal, and you guys are sniveling over price?:eek!:
When I bought 007:lightning , I paid $1800 for it - over the phone! I had ONE picture of it, black and white...about an inch by an inch. When I showed up, it was on top of a crappy galv trailer. The boat didn't have a single thing in it. Not even a screw. I had to tie the deck down with rope to get it home...in fact...it fell off that trailer in the middle of the street going around a turn on US-1!!!! My buddy and I picked it up and put it back on the trailer.:eek!:
This boat was probably titled in '69, but it's definitely a '66 - no mistaking it.
I'll buy the damn thing if no one is making a move on it...:yes:
I love the smileys...:cool!:
Also, recently, Chris A told me that they made 100's of triple hatches. I can't believe that this is true, as I only know of a handful. Anyone got a number on that?

100 is a pretty close figure....

GeneD
02-01-2007, 06:31 AM
A hundred?
What is the average output of Donzi now? I've been to the factory a number of times, and I'll be they put out maybe...three or four boats a week...total on all their lines. A 38 ZR takes over a month, and longer...I know, we waited months for ours when I was with Lightning Strikes.
So, if I'm understanding you correctly...before they went to ease of production making the single hatch...they made a hundred of the triple hatches in less than a year?
Where are they all?:confused:

jeffb
02-01-2007, 07:35 AM
Thanks for the support GeneD. I definately want to sell it to a "Donzi" pereson. I think it is a good deal. I wish I had the time to restore it.

Rootsy
02-01-2007, 07:59 AM
Sitting in fields on Long Island rotting away as well as various other place i reckon

jeffb
02-23-2007, 09:11 AM
obviously no one's interested so I am sending it to ebay..

Donzi Eh!
03-05-2007, 01:46 PM
This would make an interesting ratrod. As someone who has too many pretty boats. The older ones are always more enjoyable to drive. Lucky you are so far away. i have a 73. and My dad had a 65, thus the interest.