PDA

View Full Version : batteries for winter

vice
01-24-2007, 02:57 PM
Hey everyone

I was wondering if someone has the same set up as i do. I have a 28zx and the battery switch is in the engine hatch, and of course if i disconnect and take them out i cannot close the hatch, so do i leave them in or what are some ideas?

Vice

Pismo
01-24-2007, 06:26 PM
Fully charged, leave them right in place. Make sure there are no loads at all tho, not even that little display light on you stereo or whatever.

RedDog
01-24-2007, 08:14 PM
I thought the 28ZX had a set of remote terminals in the cockpit area that you can hook a charger or jumper cables to - at least the 28 ZX I was on once had them. If so, and the batteries are removed, will the remote terminals power the hatch and the rest of the boat?

vice
01-25-2007, 12:32 PM
thanks guys that is some helpful tips

BigGrizzly
01-25-2007, 07:46 PM
Just plug a cigarette lighter adapter from a 12 volt battery in and close the hatch. This isn't rocket science.

vice
01-27-2007, 08:28 AM
gee big grizzly, you ever thought that you started out new like everyone else oh wait "since 1966" hmmmmm I didn't know they had boats back then. (SORRY ANY ONE ELSE)
I have a master in computer science, so before i logged on and ask questions i knew all the tricks to get them out but i ask for some info to narrow down the problem. I am narrowing down the problem to have it fixed.
So thank you for you RUDENESS!!!!!!!
and you have a GREAT DAY
TOOL

The Hedgehog
01-27-2007, 09:00 AM
I thought the 28ZX had a set of remote terminals in the cockpit area that you can hook a charger or jumper cables to - at least the 28 ZX I was on once had them. If so, and the batteries are removed, will the remote terminals power the hatch and the rest of the boat?

Not sure about the 28ZX but my 27ZX has those terminals under the rear seat in the area they call the cooler. I don't see why anyone would use it as one but hey!

Mine does not have a cigarette lighter though:bonk: That will change in a month or so whenever I get done with a couple of other projects.

I got around all of this by mounting my dual battery switch next to the fuse panel in the cockpit!

BigGrizzly
01-27-2007, 10:10 AM
No rudeness meant, just telling you how to close the hatch without the batteries installed sorry.

vice
01-27-2007, 10:53 AM
thank for the info and big grizzly apology accepted

BigGrizzly
01-28-2007, 09:00 AM
Vice, here is a suggestion for you. get a cigarette lighter extention with battery clamps and put it in your glove box(on the boat). If your battery goes south you can still open the hatch and get it out. It also helps for other situations. Funny people laugh at me cause I carry so much stuff. People say I could do another 10 mph if I took the stuff out of the boat. Yea right and leave the wife home too.

MOP
01-29-2007, 09:05 AM
What I have done on our storage boats is to support the hatch then pull the top actuater boat collapse the ram and reinsert the bolt, then take a hunk of trailer strap tie it to the actuater hatch bolt and lower the hatch leaving a long tail of the strap hanging out. The flat stap allows the hatch to fully close with no indentation in the pad and gives you a good lifting grip in the spring. All of our batteries go into a temp controlled storage room with a bank charging system.

Phil

vice
01-29-2007, 12:26 PM
thanks those are great ideas

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah that was funny big grizzly yeh leave the wife at home

i will let you know when i am finished with the hole thing