PDA

View Full Version : Bennett Customer Service

Cuda
01-24-2007, 10:09 AM
Sunday, I was rumaging around in my garage, and found a Bennett trim pump that I bought years ago, and had never installed. I opened up the box, and saw that the resevoir had gotten broke, probably in the move. I sent an email to Bennett on Sunday night, asking where I could buy a new resevoir. Monday morning, I got an email from them saying that most any marine place would probably have it, and gave me the part number, but if I'd send them my address, they would send me one for free.
Here it is Wednesday morning, and Ups just dropped off the new pump resevoir. :cool:
I'd always read great things about their customer service, but this was the first time I experienced it myself. I wish more marine suppliers had this kind of care for their customers.

CHACHI
01-24-2007, 11:32 AM
Joe, I have had the same type of service. Had a leak at the seam where the top and bottom of the reservoir meet, upon disassembly there was no gasket, just silicone. Called Bennett, they informed me that there was no gasket to send so they just sent me a complete reservoir.
I don't think anybody can beat them in customer service.

Ken

realbold
01-24-2007, 06:06 PM
Nice to know since my reservoir is cracked also :boggled:

Kirbyvv
01-25-2007, 07:36 AM
I had a leaking seal on a double piston 20 yr old Bennett sport tabs, called to see if I could purchase a new seal, they sent 4 complete seal kits at no charge. Awsome customer service. I'll always run Bennetts with service like that.

realbold
01-25-2007, 07:43 AM
I also have a set of 12" x 12" sport tabs, dual cylinder, haven't put them on the boat yet, seems the reservoir was cracked when purchased.

MOP
01-25-2007, 12:44 PM
I have had similar experiances, simply put best tabs and best service!

Just Say N20
01-25-2007, 01:27 PM
Ditto! :) I work at Tiara Yachts, and we use their tabs on most of our yachts. They are unquestionably the best of the best when it comes to customer service.

And, just when you think they couldn't do a better job, they do something so far "above and beyond" that it is amazing.

Unfortunately, this type of service is rare in the marine industry. :(

f_inscreenname
01-25-2007, 01:51 PM
My Bennett’s came with my boat. Must have been a 20 year old set up then and they were the only thing that worked on the boat when I bought it. A couple years later I rip everything off the transom jumping a insane tug boat wake. I also contacted them looking for a source to buy parts at. By the second email they had my address and was sending the parts for free.
Then a year or two ago I was having a issue with the bow not lifting even with the tabs all the way up. I also discovered that the tabs had a “hook” in them. Got a hold of the “TabMan” on another website and asked what his opinion was on the subject and his answer was typical. Well typical for Bennett. “The original owner put the wrong tabs on the boat . The size and shape were not made for the speed the boat runs at. That caused the hook in them. Let us send you the proper upgraded set (again at no cost).”
The sad thing is at the same time this issue was going on I found a 280T transom shield that added trim to the boat. With trim I have no use for them so the whole system is sitting in a box in the back room (the planes have never touched the water). I am going to hold on to them. I wouldn’t feel right selling them after they were given to me like they were and they may have a future after the 454 is installed.