PDA

View Full Version : Performanceboat.Us

Carl C
01-21-2007, 07:52 AM
What happened to Performanceboat.Us? Hopefully just a temp problem but it looks like it's gone. :(

DonCig
01-21-2007, 08:53 AM
Carl, I am sure that it is just a short term technical difficulty.
I know that Wes pays $13.00 per year for the site, so maybe he did not pay his bill on time.

Don

roadtrip se
01-21-2007, 01:28 PM
I've got about 200 plastic toy duckies in the store and lock, if we need to auction off something to get the site back up...

Ed Donnelly
01-21-2007, 06:26 PM
I sent Wes an E-mail yesterday and he is on top of it.........Ed

Carl C
01-21-2007, 06:44 PM
Thanks, sounds good. I'd bid 5 bucks on a rubber duckie though. As long as it's yellow. :wink:

joel3078
01-21-2007, 07:03 PM
Wes only registered the name of the site for 1 year and it expired on 01/18/07. It's like not paying your bill but worse. When you don't pay a bill, the item you are paying for goes away. With registrar domain name services, when you don't pay, the name rights to your website are now up for grabs. And it's up for grabs all over the world. After a short period of time, anyone can grab it. As you will recall, donzi.net went through this last year. Luckily, the bill got paid, the site went back up. You'll probably see the same thing happen with performanceboat.us just give it a few days. Looks like on the 19th an update happened with the registrar.
http://www.whois.ws/whois-us/ip-address/performanceboat.us/

yeller
01-21-2007, 07:23 PM
In case it doesn't go back up....anyone still interested in following the progress of my repairs, PM me and I'll email you the updates as I get them.

Anyone curious as to what the updates are and why I don't post them here, PM me as well. (It is NOT because I have anything against this site).

txtaz
01-24-2007, 12:00 PM
Wes only registered the name of the site for 1 year and it expired on 01/18/07. It's like not paying your bill but worse. When you don't pay a bill, the item you are paying for goes away. With registrar domain name services, when you don't pay, the name rights to your website are now up for grabs. And it's up for grabs all over the world. After a short period of time, anyone can grab it. As you will recall, donzi.net went through this last year. Luckily, the bill got paid, the site went back up. You'll probably see the same thing happen with performanceboat.us just give it a few days. Looks like on the 19th an update happened with the registrar.
http://www.whois.ws/whois-us/ip-address/performanceboat.us/
Actually, The domain was paid for and they did not communicate the fact. BeGlobal was bought out by a company in CA and I'm not sure if they have integrated everything yet.

Da Taz

joel3078
01-24-2007, 09:21 PM
Well Wes, as you are well aware of, it doesn't matter whether you paid or not, it's what their computer shows that makes all the difference in the world. I'm going through the same type of thing with my Verizon accounts. At least their call center is staffed by people that speak English instead if India middle eastern English. Once the computer hoses up your account, it's seems like hell to get things pointed north again. Glad your site is back up for ya. :yes: