PDA

View Full Version : 91' 30' Blackwidow

Lofty
01-20-2007, 12:37 PM
This boat has just come out of a complete re-rig. 454MPI's zero time, new Bravo 1's with warrenty cards, Fresh custom paint, New interior, new panel complete with Livorsi guages and GPS Speedo, new cockpit cover. Tripple axle trailer with new brakes, lines, wiring, lighting, tongue and surge brake all with fresh paint to match the boat.
Fairing is not on in these pics, I'll post more up later.
This is an ultra clean, zero time turn key boat. All ready for a trouble free summer.
$49,000.
Please call for details.
Fionn (Finn)
fionn@oneilloffshore.com

Lofty
09-01-2007, 04:20 PM
OK, not Zero time anymore! We've put about 5 total hours on her but still for sale! This boat looks awsome, the pics just don't do this paint job any justice.

Lofty
10-29-2007, 06:21 PM
Some interior

Lofty
11-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Going in the shed for the winter... along with the other toys!

SilverBack
12-30-2007, 03:58 AM
Did you sell your boat yet? It looks great!!

hot shot
12-30-2007, 06:15 PM
Man what a nice ride..... i love yellow and checker flags
how fast is she ????

Lofty
01-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Thanks guys, boat's still available. Just sitting in storage for the winter.

joel3078
01-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Man what a nice ride..... i love yellow and checker flags
how fast is she ????

Is it still a 60mph boat or does it go faster than a stock one now? How many HP is a new 454mpi?

jasper
01-04-2008, 09:18 AM
Hello Fionn,

You have done one helluva job with rerigging that old corpse into the Honeysucker she is today. Great work that can only be done by pros like yourselves.

I am seriously interested in the boat. I went to your website but wasnt sure where you are located.

Salt water boat obviously, am I right?

Let me know.

Jasper

Lofty
01-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Sorry for the delay but I was out of town last week.

The boat still runs around 60+. Motors are re-built 7.4MPIs' at around 350hp, we changed the cams. Not too fast but very reliable.

We are in the SF Bay Area but the boat has only been run on the fresh water Delta since we re-rigged. The original owner ran the boat allot on the bay so the motors and drives had some salt water issues. We rigged it with another set of motors and drives because the internal corrosion was too extensive.

Call or email anytime.

fionn@oneilloffshore.com

Lofty
08-21-2008, 11:41 AM
Still looking for a home.... Pleanty of summer left and the tank is full!

Lofty
02-08-2010, 11:24 AM
bump

ROTYDE
02-13-2010, 04:23 AM
I have a 1990 Black Widow. I would love to send it to you guys for a quote to Paint and stripe. My is a 30 in Black. I would love to have it solid black with the stripes in red and white.Do you give quotes the boat is in great shape it was just painted last year , but i like yours better ready to do over..Genobr1@comcast.net

Lofty
02-15-2010, 09:36 PM
thanks for the interest. I could sell you this boat for a fraction of what it would cost to do another one. Given the state of the current economy I don't see any sence in building a boat when you can buy them so cheap. Make me an offer and I'll fill the tank for you.

bananaboatsteve
05-31-2010, 10:34 AM
would like to know if the boat is still hoping for a new owner and if the price on her has changed???---thanks---Steve

Lofty
06-10-2010, 05:58 PM
Yep, sad but it's still sitting in the warehouse collecting dust.

joel3078
06-11-2010, 01:52 PM
My own crazy ass idea but I believe it's too much money for a 60mph boat. Newer hull design boats for $50K (preowned boat) will go 70+ mph and nobody wants to spend the cash and get beat on the lake/river.

Take out the 454/new bravo drives and put those in a different boat. Sell this redone black widow without power for a cheaper price. Or sell it without power and offer to install custom power for a more expensive price. Someone out there will pay money if the boat is really a performance boat. 60mph is not acceptable top speed nowadays in a twin engine boat.

Just my 2 cents - JE

bananaboatsteve
06-11-2010, 03:01 PM
OK--took you long enough to reply----how bad do you want to sell her, lick your wounds and take your losses----give me a bottom line price as I hate dickering and if it's in my neighborhood we'll start talking---I too have stuck alot of money into refurbishing a 1974 Chris center console inboard knowing that I was doing it because I wanted to with no plans of ever selling it ---seeing alot of Donzis' like yours going for quite a steal---Steve

cutwater
06-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Joel and bananas - you guys are both outta line. From the pics, it looks like a sharp boat in great condition. If he's desperate to sell, he'll lower the price. Otherwise, it's his ad.

If there are tons of Donzis "for quite a steal" as you put it, why don't you buy one of them?? A word of life advice - people who own nice boats and nice cars generally sell them to people they believe will take care of them. Acting like a jerk isn't going to make him want to help you out...

:shocking::shocking::shocking:

Donzi Vol
06-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Joel and bananas - you guys are both outta line. From the pics, it looks like a sharp boat in great condition. If he's desperate to sell, he'll lower the price. Otherwise, it's his ad.

If there are tons of Donzis "for quite a steal" as you put it, why don't you buy one of them?? A word of life advice - people who own nice boats and nice cars generally sell them to people they believe will take care of them. Acting like a jerk isn't going to make him want to help you out...

:shocking::shocking::shocking:

I concur. Let's not start this stuff again. If you want to buy the boat, buy it. If not, don't. No need to slam the man or his ad.

bananaboatsteve
06-13-2010, 04:57 PM
Hey Cutwater/Donzi Vol--totally wrong read with my reply---this boat has been on site now for 3+ years-----not knocking the boat at all--I like it-----it's a buyer's market-----seller just stated recently in post that it's still sitting in the warehouse-----my question was strictly after 3 years how bad you want to sell it----I'd rather have the seller respond than you 2 that are NON-PLAYERS

cutwater
06-13-2010, 09:55 PM
It's called tact, and I guess we're going to disagree.

Lofty
06-16-2010, 02:22 AM
What's sad is seeing this sweet little lake boat going un-used and enjoyed, I couldn't care less about the $$, I would hand the right person the keys and the title. As far as it being slow and older well you're right but if you've ever boated on a lake like Lake Tahoe you'd know that there is alot more than speed. Tahoe boaters are all about style and grace, even the big iron guys.

I'd rather look at this boat sit than give it to someone who thinks their going to take it from me. I don't like getting rolled.

I wouldn't bother stripping this boat down, it's not worth it to me. It makes a great center piece at parties in the shop and it can stay there for ever, doesn't cost me a dime. I get calls and drop ins every week looking for motors and drives, I could have sold them 10 times over. When I build something it's built, I'm not going to part it for anyone.

I've spilled more at the bar than I'm asking for this thing and I still have it to look at. This boat (and just a few other projects...) was never an investment so it's no loss for me to keep. I built it the way I did because I like doing things the right way regardless of cost.

Cutwater / Donz vol; thanks for the kind words but I understand where these guys are comming from but I don't think they understand where I'm comming from. If I wanted to sell this boat bad I would have dropped my pants a long time ago.

joel3078
06-16-2010, 08:48 AM
Hey guys I gave an honest opinion and it's just that, An opinion. I used to own a Black Widow with new interior, new trailer, and perfectly performing 454/365hp drive package with low hours. Took 2 years to sell the boat and that was before the economy took a dump.

I boat on lake Minnetonka, MN which is our equivelant to lake Tahoe. Style and class all the way vs. speed. Lake Minnetonka, is about 125 miles of shoreline and it's absolutly packed on sunny weekends. I love Tahoe and hell, even vacationed out there a couple times for the http://www.laketahoeshakespeare.com/ summer festival.

However, if a MN or WI owner boats on lake Pepin or the St. Croix river in my area, it's all about style, class, and speed as there is no speed limit on the river. Donzi's are a performance boat period! What's the first thing most of us do when we get a Donzi? Figure out how to make it go faster.

I totally agree with Lofty in not needing to sell the boat nor give it away. But, your chances of the person that eventually buys that boat being from the same lake as your are already on is pretty damn slim. So even though speed doesn't matter to the seller Lofty, it probably will matter to prospective buyers as they will be from a different lake and state.

Another problem in selling the boat is the custom graphics package. It is no longer stock gel so it limits the market of buyers. Buyers that want to have a restored back to original look wont buy this boat.

Who will buy this boat is that one person that LOVES the look, style, color, graphics, etc. It only takes one buyer to sell something. We all know this and Lofty has the time, money, and paitence to wait. Like all of us, we wish him well in his business and sale of this Black Widow.

The Hedgehog
06-24-2010, 09:40 PM
My personal opinion,

It is a great looking boat. New paint and scheme vs gel? Ask anyone that has an older boat with gel. If you like buffing gel a few times a summer then go for it. My 1973 X-18......yeah I painted it. I also did a deck off resto. All I have had to do in the last three years is to wash it a few times. Donzi Vol here has seen it. He can vouch for it.

The power? Yes, if I was selling it, I would keep it reliable and slow. The buyer can make it go fast and do it exactly the way they want to do it. I bought a 26 ZX that barely cracked 60. I heard all sorts of silly stories from guys with faster setups. I did not buy them because I did not trust them. I now have 20-30 mph on most of them and mine is reliable.

But heck, this is just the opinion of a guy that has a few boats and is on the water 12 months a year. One that truely loves the water. Even when it is cold up here in Tn. Water vs motorcycle? You have got to be kidding. How many friends and women can you take out on a motorcycle? I will trade 4 months of that vs 6 months of solo time on a bike any day.

If I was not still into my 26ZX and wanted to do something cool, this would be very high on my list. I'd make a 90+ mph screamer out of this. It would not look like every other boat at the dock. I have numerous friends with 38-42 foot high dollar boats. I was offered a ride today in a beautiful 37 Outerlimits with Teague 1,100's. I hang out with lots of cool hardware. I saw a Black Widow up close again last weekend and it did plenty for me. My wife took one look and said "Those windows and that look are bad ass." She has style.

Good luck with the sale. It is a pretty boat. Negative comments? That is what a pm is for. This section is marked "For sale" not "looking for constructive criticism from motorcycle people." Sorry, but I think that negative stuff should be zapped.

Sorry Joel. I have heard from others that you are a good guy. I am with Cutwater. This is out of line and this boat is cool.

Donzi Vol
06-24-2010, 10:06 PM
Hedge has said it right. A person might see this boat as worth much more than the asking price. Not everyone is all about speed. And like Hedge said, you can always beef up the power after you buy it.

Joel, it's not that we're trying to be down on you or stir anything up, but it's just not cool to criticize another man's treasure on a public forum. And as far as being "non-players," well we may not be players in this sale, but we are definitely players on this network and we're through with this section getting out of hand.

Lofty
06-28-2010, 04:27 PM
I'm not taking any of this personally, you all can have your own opinions. Just remember I am trying to sell something here.....

So far I've got a pretty cool looking cocktail table.

joel3078
06-28-2010, 04:45 PM
Hey Lofty nothing personal to you on my end either. I was simply offering ideas and stating the challenges I went through a couple years ago when I was selling my Black Widow.

Your boat looks cool as hell but I am prejudice as I used to own a black widow and still love them. Your boat will sell someday and the new owner will be super happy I'm sure. :boat:

tylerc
06-30-2010, 06:07 PM
I couldn't care less about the $$, I would hand the right person the keys and the title.

Can I be the right person? :confused:

I can't afford it, but would sure love it! :wink:

CaribouLou
06-30-2010, 06:48 PM
I'd buy this in a second if I had the cash. Trade for a 22 classic? :)

Lofty
07-06-2010, 12:05 PM
I'd buy this in a second if I had the cash. Trade for a 22 classic? :)

My first fast boat was a 22 classic and I've been looking at them lately. What year, power, driveline, color and location? I may be real interested.

Lofty
07-06-2010, 12:06 PM
BTW, we had the boat out yesterday for lunch. Ran great and no end of remarks on the dock.

Lofty
08-30-2010, 04:26 PM
New owner is real happy and he should be, it was a give away, literally.

joel3078
08-31-2010, 01:13 PM
All right, congrats on the sale. Can you tell who the lucky new owner is and how much it sold for?

h20loo
08-31-2010, 03:33 PM
Lucky owner for sure! I've drooled over that boat since it was listed and I simply wasn't in that ball park. I'd love to see it in motion.
Doug

HOWARD O
08-31-2010, 11:32 PM
and how much it sold for?

New owner is real happy and he should be, it was a give away, literally.

I'd say it's self evident!