PDA

View Full Version : Howdy! New member with a quick question

Trent_Murdock
01-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Hello! I am part of a design group that works on various freeware projects for the Microsoft Flight Simulator series of games for the PC, and we have recently started a sort of "for fun" project making a detailed powerboat for use in the Simulator. Because as many of you know, sometimes it's just so much more fun to see the world flying across the waves! :wink: Anyhow, the question I have for anyone here is, what exactly are the two sets of levers to the left of the wheel on this Cigarette:
http://images.worldofstock.com/slides/TRB1909.jpg

We have a similar setup that we're making for our boat and we need to know what they do, how they work, etc. Thanks a bunch for the help, any input is greatly appreciated!

BigGrizzly
01-18-2007, 06:28 PM
That particular boat has two sets of controls. The set not on the drivers side are throttles for the throttle man in a race bote so the driver concentrates on the driving they are throttles

Trent_Murdock
01-18-2007, 06:31 PM
That particular boat has two sets of controls. The set not on the drivers side are throttles for the throttle man in a race bote so the driver concentrates on the driving they are throttles

Thank you very much for the quick reply! I've got one more question if it's alright. What are the controls immediatly to the left of the wheel? Thanks again.

tiger lily
01-18-2007, 06:39 PM
those would be the shifters, foward and reverse, each engine has its own shifter,, how do we get a copy of this simulater, it would be worth me buying a new computer to play it.

Trent_Murdock
01-18-2007, 07:32 PM
those would be the shifters, foward and reverse, each engine has its own shifter,, how do we get a copy of this simulater, it would be worth me buying a new computer to play it.

Thanks for the help Matt! You can get more info about FS2004 here:
http://www.microsoft.com/games/pc/flightsimulator.aspx,

and you can find it at most major online/regular stores that sell computer games.

DonziJon
01-19-2007, 12:45 PM
It sounds to me like this is an Free "Addon" to Flight Simulator 2004. The user must already have the Original FS program and computer to run it on. There are litterally thousands of "Addons" that are produced by aftermarket developers both "For Sale" and for "Free". These include Addon planes, scenery, and utilities to make the Sim more realistic. They are usually downloaded from various sources, and installed to the existing Sim. Unlike the newest "MS Flight Simulator X", FS 2004 can be run very nicely on todays computers. MS Flight Simulator 2004 (FS9) is the "Old" version.

"MS Flight Simulator X" was realeased in October and although Very nice, reqiures a Top Of The Line computer to run it. In fact, MS says this simulator really requires a computer that is not readily available to the general public yet. (Not making this up). The FSX program comes on two DVDs and is 15 Gb in size. John

PS: For you guys that like the SOUND of engines.. I'm sure MS will do a great job on this project as the sounds of the engines in the Airplanes in the Sim are actual recordings of REAL airplane engines.

glashole
01-19-2007, 01:04 PM
trent

I would think you should get out in one of those boats if you are making a simulator about them and go for a rip :)

good luck with the project

Shea