PDA

View Full Version : Donzi 22 trim tabs

Bvinc
01-18-2007, 04:40 PM
I have a 1990 22 Classic with teleflex trim tabs. The hydraulic fluid hose is run inside of a plactic tube that connects to the trim tab bracket & runs thru the transom & connects to the pump. The plastic tube is is full of water & seats into the trin tab bracket on the transom. Both of my plastic tubes are cracked , leaking & I'm afraid it is going to end up damaging the transom. Does anyone know where I can get replacement tubes. everything else is still in good condition.

King Cobra 454 w/ king cobra outdrive. I am looking for the correct parts to install silent choice type of exhuast. exhaust.

I just bought my 22 Classic in August 2006. I am the 2nd owner. It is in premuim condition. The engine looked so good I 1st thought it had been repainted or restored, but it is all original paint. Just not used much.

I have been in boats for 45 years, My dad & uncle used to build the mahogany plywood boats & run the big 35 HP Johnson. Boating has been the best part of my life .\\

Thanks

Barry Eller
01-19-2007, 06:54 AM
My 22 is a 1993 with the King Cobra. Original engine was 454 HO. I re powered with a 502. Most Donzi 22 Classics came with Bennett Trim Tabs. Parts can be found through Bennett suppliers. I'm not familiar with Teleflex tabs. Google Teleflex trim tabs and you will find lots of suppliers. The same with Bennett Trim Tabs. Here is one link...

http://www.iboats.com/mall/?session_id=529840349&cart_id=594147991&category_id=239771&view_id=239771&search_type=category

If you have a photo of your tabs, someone here could confirm if your tabs are Teleflex or Bennett. Parts may be interchangeable.

Bvinc
01-19-2007, 03:02 PM
Thanks, I'll check it out next time I'm up at the lake. I'm preety sure they are teleflex tabs

Thanks,

Bobby

royalbcat
01-23-2007, 10:51 PM
Bobby,
I would try Corsa on the exhaust diverters:

http://www.corsaperf.com/mbrochure2.htm

I have a '92 King HO w/Bennett tabs like Barry. Here's a pic. Do your's look similar to these?
http://i16.tinypic.com/2llmx05.jpg

mrfixxall
01-24-2007, 12:16 PM
I have a 1990 22 Classic with teleflex trim tabs. The hydraulic fluid hose is run inside of a plactic tube that connects to the trim tab bracket & runs thru the transom & connects to the pump. The plastic tube is is full of water & seats into the trin tab bracket on the transom. Both of my plastic tubes are cracked , leaking & I'm afraid it is going to end up damaging the transom. Does anyone know where I can get replacement tubes. everything else is still in good condition.
King Cobra 454 w/ king cobra outdrive. I am looking for the correct parts to install silent choice type of exhuast. exhaust.
I just bought my 22 Classic in August 2006. I am the 2nd owner. It is in premuim condition. The engine looked so good I 1st thought it had been repainted or restored, but it is all original paint. Just not used much.
I have been in boats for 45 years, My dad & uncle used to build the mahogany plywood boats & run the big 35 HP Johnson. Boating has been the best part of my life .\\
Thanks

If the tubes are full of water you probably have a leaking trim ram also.when you put the tabs down it pushes the hyd fluid out and when you trim the tabs up it will suck the water in through the trim ram seals then you get water in the system and if your in a colder temps it will freeze and crack the lines.....

Bvinc
01-26-2007, 11:49 AM
There is not water in the hydraulic tube. This is a very differnt system. I have nver ssen this type. The larger tube (About 3/8" white tube seats into the back of the trim tab bracket mounted on the exterior of the transom & goes thru the transom & terminates into a boat the is connected to the trim tab pump. The hypraulic black tube (1/4") is inside of the water filled tube. The white water tube is supposed to sealed at the trim barcket & the pump. But mine is cracked at the seat on the back of the bracker/trasom & allows the water to seap thru the transom hole because it is not seated. The tubes would be simple to replace if I can find them? If not I would have to change out the complete system which works just fine. I just can't take a chance on ruining the transom. ? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Barry Eller
01-26-2007, 07:06 PM
If you can't find original replacement lines, check with some automotive shops or parts houses to see if your city has a rubber speciality shop that could fabricate what you need. You would need to take the lines with you so they could match what you have.

98shovel
01-27-2007, 10:51 AM
try a medical supply house online u will find a bunch i just bought some high press tube for a fresh air mask from ica rally in cali.
if that doesnt work try dot. air brake hose avail through any heavy truck dealer it comes in diff sizes and they have ends for it too